What will take SOB's place?

Dill

It shows What the park was meant for. Beautiful landscaping Architecture and fun for everyone. Yes Cedar Fair knows the fun part but the Architecture is slowing.

Look at the shops along international street... They look like crap and theyve never been remodeled. Oh and if it's showing architecture from around the world, they're missing just about every place but Germany/Switzerland. All the buildings look like Swiss cottages

The buildings don't look awful. They look great. Are you familiar with the different kinds of architecture from around the world, plus the park's basis? The park was meant to be a EUROPEAN park, hence the European influence. You won't find any Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, or similar architecture on International Street.

I would like to have current management put architecture right up there with rides or park cleanliness. Architecture can be great if you actually put effort into it. It's becoming a lost art.

• Like 2

If they wan to call it International street they should have architecture from around the world. Otherwise its just European street. And much of the European architecture doesn't look like that. It's much more modern and classier than here in the US. The way they built the shops is how European architecture used to look.... But if that's what they wanted, whatever

It shows What the park was meant for. Beautiful landscaping Architecture and fun for everyone. Yes Cedar Fair knows the fun part but the Architecture is slowing.

I know Im going to get bashed for this, but, I go to Cedar Fair parks to get a thrill, not to be amazed at the buildings and architecture.

Busch Gardens, thats another story...

• Like 4

When Taft built Kings Island, that's what European buildings actually looked like...

That form of architecture still exists in Europe, by the way...

It sure does, but if they want to call it international street they shouldn't use one cultures architecture. They left out both Italian and French architecture... And don't say the tower counts. Its not the same

You're right. The Eiffel Tower isn't the same, it's similar! ;)

There is a bit of French influence on I-Street, but I don't think there's any Italian... I'm fine with not having all the worldms nations' architecture on the Street. I don't necessarily want to find pagodas or colisseums on International Street. Although I would like to see some roman style archways and columns, and if you want to include Greece, go for Corinthian columns and open air pavilions!

You're right. The Eiffel Tower isn't the same, it's similar! ;)

There is a bit of French influence on I-Street, but I don't think there's any Italian... I'm fine with not having all the worldms nations' architecture on the Street. I don't necessarily want to find pagodas or colisseums on International Street. Although I would like to see some roman style archways and columns, and if you want to include Greece, go for Corinthian columns and open air pavilions!

Speaking of intl st, they need to remove The Paramount Story for SOMETHING!

Props are set pieces from movies. A rotating collection was part of the Paramount Story.

I know what props are but I've never seen any in the paramour story... We are talking about the area with waterfalls and the big brick fence with the wraught iron right?

In addition to the "Garth-mobile", I recall a miniature submarine from "The Hunt for Red October" and a gold idol from "Raiders of the Lost Ark".

That used to be a very nice, quiet, charming area. The Tower Gardens, Carousel, and the Antique Cars, all in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower.

• Like 1

When Taft built Kings Island, that's what European buildings actually looked like...

That form of architecture still exists in Europe, by the way...

It sure does, but if they want to call it international street they shouldn't use one cultures architecture. They left out both Italian and French architecture... And don't say the tower counts. Its not the same

What exactly is Italian and French Architecture? Is that the style of buildings they use in the colder climate alps, the style they use along the medeterrian, they style they use by the english channel, the style they use in the much hotter southern Italian climate, the style they use in Venice? Are they to be modeled after the Old Paris, or new Paris (which is actually older than America, let alone Kings Island, itself)? There is no singular italian or french architectural style. There are/were many styles favorable in different time periods and different locations based upon the climates in each. I've been in houses in Switzerland, germany, Austria and scottland that you can pick up and plop in Mason and nobody would give it a second thought.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for an architectural renovation along International Street. The return on investment would be extremely small, and most changes would go unnoticed by the average customer. Keep it clean, keep it servicable and everything else is gravy.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for an architectural renovation along International Street. The return on investment would be extremely small, and most changes would go unnoticed by the average customer. Keep it clean, keep it servicable and everything else is gravy.

Unless that renovation drives food and merchandise sales along IS. Most people aren't architectural aficionados, but they do recognize good aesthetics.

When someone thinks of France they automatically think of Paris. Therefore French architecture should look like that in Paris on intl st. Same goes for Italy. Most people think of Rome/Venice/ etc, so that is the type of architecture they should reflect back to IS. it's not hard to figure out. And yes, I've been to Germany(cologne and baumholder), France(Paris), and Italy(Rome, Venezia, Bari)

^I think Son of Beast is moving to France?

I can't imagine what will go in there next. If it were up to me, I'd build a sturdy, relatively low-maintenance (hybrid, maybe) twister coaster with lots of high-banking turns and twists, that finish out in a series of fun, belly-squishing humps. Just make it nice and tall, with a nice, long ride time. I think if they went with some new concept (or copy thereof), it wouldn't be long before some other park comes up with a 70' taller version anyway.

When someone thinks of France they automatically think of Paris. Therefore French architecture should look like that in Paris on intl st. Same goes for Italy. Most people think of Rome/Venice/ etc, so that is the type of architecture they should reflect back to IS. it's not hard to figure out. And yes, I've been to Germany(cologne and baumholder), France(Paris), and Italy(Rome, Venezia, Bari)

I'm guessing more than 1 visitor has walked thru the main gates and instantly thought of Paris, so I guess they figured it out.

Or, perhaps they could have IM Pei design a brand new opening into the park, but then people may start questioning if they're in Cleveland or France.

So here is my thoughts on the original topic:

- with the SoB decision made, I see Action Zone as the key element of the dry park that will see expansion over the next 5-7 years

- Step 1 in 2012: SoB demolition

- Step 2 in 2013: Construction site for new 2014 coaster

- 2014 - new steel coaster debuts (type could be almost anything - I'd vote for an invert of Maverick style, but wouldn't rule out others)

- 2015 - waterpark expansion

- 2016 - new Action Zone high thrill flat (I'd vote for Screamin Swing)

- 2018/2019 - new wooden twister coaster