What will take SOB's place?

Dill

A couple of thoughts:

- depending upon the company and role, it is quite possible for an intern to learn upstream confidential information. At my company we spend a lot of time with interns on their responsibilities wrt this type of info.

- I don't know whether Dill is an intern at KI or whether KI has interns in positions to learn info but it wouldn't be shocking to learn of a relationship with UC

- if Dill is an intern, I hope he enjoyed it because if I was his boss, he'd be done tomorrow

• Like 3

Although I am extremely skeptical, I have had my share of Interning (not for KI or CF, actually in the government.) and I can easily see how information could be overheard, seen accidentally, anything of that nature. But yet again, with this being such a high-profile matter, I am highly skeptical.

And also, if Dill really is an Intern.. hes screwed. So good luck. :D

• Like 2

During my stay at The Mount, I went to intern at AT&T and we are advised of the company's policy regarding privilege information that we might come across in the course of our tenure with them. It does not matter how high up in the company you are with them, even if you in a lower position and come across a memo regarding a confidential conversation with high executives. Any information that is leaked can and will lead to termination. There has to be a level of trust in any position within the company. This would apply with Cedar Fair also.

Although I am extremely skeptical, I have had my share of Interning (not for KI or CF, actually in the government.) and I can easily see how information could be overheard, seen accidentally, anything of that nature. But yet again, with this being such a high-profile matter, I am highly skeptical.

And also, if Dill really is an Intern.. hes screwed. So good luck. :D

I was inline for a high level IT job with the US Navy after I graduated from The Mount and because of the highly sensitive nature of the job with the Navy in Washington, DC, I had to have an extensive FBI background check before I would be granted a top secret clearance. This is because of the highly classified defense documents that I would come into contact with. We had to be trusted and if we would to disclose this type of information, loosing our job would be the least of our problems.

So your saying there shouldnt be any new members to this site? You should at least treat them respectfully until their time of innocence is terminated. And i recommend to any new members that you should read ToS before posting or else it will turn into this drama.

• Like 6

Lol I've realized that. The forum was so much fun back in the day. I miss that alot. Like Jasper, BEAST1979, LongLiveTheSmurfRide, UncleHenry, Gigacoaster2K and even the mods it seems like don't post on here very regularly at all. And I'm just naming the ones off the top of my head. The forum used to be so fun, relaxed, and yet was very good about people not being "too" stupid. I honestly would love to visit alot more often, but somehow, its just not the same.

In this day and age, people claiming to be interns use terms like "new area" instead of the synonymous term "future park expansion" used in the official release and state the obvious fact that park management is aware of the accuracy of the information released. They are then endlessly flamed for releasing "confidential" information, while simultaneously being accused of falsely claiming to work at the park. Any more questions about why people don't want to be a part of things like this?

• Like 2

^ I don't see how he was flamed as nobody was insulting, profane, or personal.

Now, we were brutally honest and did not agree, which should be expected when associated with the claims made and no solid data to back it up.

IMO people would be more reluctant to associate themselves with an enthusiast site that caters to rumor mongering and making false claims rather than a site that has members calling out those making the claims. Many enthusiast sites don't even have a "rumor" section to prevent this type of behavior. Those that do, are MUCH less kind then many of us at KIC.

A dip in traffic very well could be associated with the constant evolution of social media sites.

Let's put it out on the table- why would an intern, who is trying to make a positive impression at one of the most popular seasonal parks in the US, bring such information to an enthusiast web site after only being a member for a short amount of time and does not have quality posts that would be associated with being an intern?

• Like 2

Thank you Dill for risking your reputation and internship to reveal to us that KI plans future area expansion.

I had it on good authority that KI was planning future park reduction. I was told that they were planning on removing SOB, Flight Deck, FOF, Firehawk, DA, and Action Theater to plant trees and weeds so the area will go back to the natural woodsy place it once was.

I guess my source was too verbose and uninformed.