What will take SOB's place?

Dill

Back on topic, it would not surprise me if they added a second kids area where Son of Beast now stands, in a manner similar to what Cedar Point has done with its kids areas. Planet Snoopy is often very crowded and I know from experience that preschoolers, hot weather and long lines is never a good combination. I actually think that spreading that crowd out would help the park.

• Like 1

The land Son of Beast sits on has a lot of hills and valleys. We will see next year if track shows up.

There's so much potential for them to create an amazing coaster of just about any kind with all the dips and hills. I hope we get news or hints of what's to come like they did with Dinosaurs Alive. How long before it was announced did they start doing the clues?

The land Son of Beast sits on has a lot of hills and valleys. We will see next year if track shows up.

There's so much potential for them to create an amazing coaster of just about any kind with all the dips and hills. I hope we get news or hints of what's to come like they did with Dinosaurs Alive. How long before it was announced did they start doing the clues?

A teaser was "leaked" on March 9, 2011 and was taken down almost immediately after being posted here (I personally suspect Don intentionally leaked it to trigger speculation here on KIC). The teaser was then re-posted on March 11, and the announcement was made on March 18. However, they played with us earlier in the winter on Facebook, using a photo of a footprint in the snow (January 28) and a drawing of the path (February 4).

Let's wait for Son of Beast to come down frist. For all I know the land could sit empty for 2013. When The Bat was taken down nothing was their for almost the hole season.

The only thing I can see them completing by next season is concrete walkways....... And possibly the start of a coaster, flat, maybe some shops. How does KI typically begin new sections? Buildings first or attractions... That's after the paths of course(someone would have mentioned it!)

Let's wait for Son of Beast to come down frist. For all I know the land could sit empty for 2013. When The Bat was taken down nothing was their for almost the hole season.

The only thing I can see them completing by next season is concrete walkways....... And possibly the start of a coaster, flat, maybe some shops. How does KI typically begin new sections? Buildings first or attractions... That's after the paths of course(someone would have mentioned it!)

Who ever said KI was putting a new section there?

Just askin'

• Like 1

I suppose Coney Island had no Racer, Scrambler, Monsters, or Scooters in 1972, if rides are not added until after buildings...

I never said buildings came first, I was asking what they typically build first. Rides, buildings, or both at once

It all depends on the construction schedule/staging. Priority goes to the items that take the longest and those that use the heaviest pieces of equipment. Typically a roller coaster is going to be using much heavier equipment to build than any building that King's Island will construct Flight of Fear being an exception as they likely used the same equipment to put the track in place as they did to lift the structural steel supports for the roof of the building in place.

A gift shop sitting outside the exit of a ride can be built pretty quickly. prior to construction of that building, they could use the site the future gift shop will sit on as a staging area for a crane to lift track pieces into place. However, what if the staging areas for cranes are on the other side of the track? The concrete footers will need some time to cure before the heavy pieces of steel can be put into place. The could use that cure time to start building support buildings in areas to fill in the construction schedule. They could build the gift shop early in that case and use it as a construction tailor to hold job meetings, store tools and drawings, etc..

so in other words, there is no sure way to know if they'll build a ride or a support building in that area first, it all depends on how its staged. I doubt the concrete walkways will be built first though. They likely clear a path, but the walkways will go in quick and easy. The last thing you want is to build the walkways, then start having construction equipment going by it, or exposing it to weather long before the public will first be able to utilize it. Next time you see a new building going up in an empty field, watch how much of the building is built before the parking lot is ever paved. They'll get the parking lot island and drive isle curbs in place, but blacktop won't be seen until the building is prett well recognizable.

Just askin'

Once again. Our hopes and dreames :rolleyes:.

• Like 1

Just askin'

It's pretty obvious we'll be getting a new area. Don said "future park expansion" not "future attraction". And they're very careful with how they word their announcements/clues.

• Like 1

I think him saying "future expansion" just implies they are not ready to reveal details of future plans they have for that site whether that be an entire area or just a single attraction. Expansion just means something(s) will be added, whether it be small or quite extensive. I don't think we can determine quite yet what that will be, we can only speculate!

Just askin'

It's pretty obvious we'll be getting a new area. Don said "future park expansion" not "future attraction". And they're very careful with how they word their announcements/clues.

No, its not pretty obvious. A coaster is also "future park expansion", so is a bathroom or gift shop. All of that is "park expansion".

I dont mean to treat you with disrespect but there is no way yo can say. "We will get a new area because Mr. Helbig said, "future park expansion"".

Just askin'

No, its not pretty obvious. A coaster is also "future park expansion", so is a bathroom or gift shop. All of that is "park expansion".

I dont mean to treat you with disrespect but there is no way yo can say. "We will get a new area because Mr. Helbig said, "future park expansion"".

Ok just wait for 2014.

I notice many saying a new kids area is needed. While the park could stand to add more kid/family attractions, I'd rather them take a Dollywood approach in the future. By that I mean incorporate kid/family attractions alongside the higher thrill ones. For instance perhaps something like Lumberjack Lifts near Drop Zone, something like Ben 10 to compliment Invertigo, and so forth. Having a dedicated kids area is nice but so is keeping families in the same area. I'd imagine keeping them together would have some impact on guest spending too.