Permission to Record on Roller Coasters

xXDrummerKiDXx

If you want to record on any ride, please feel free. They may throw you out of the park, though.

It is unlawful to record or take photographs on rides at Kings Island (exception: You can do the aforementioned on the Kings Island & Miami Valley Railroad and the Eiffel Tower)

Probably go to media relations, bring a contract from a production company with an agreement to air the footage somewhere KI approves of, enough cash to pay for the park to open the ride early enough for you to safely mount a camera to the train so it won't damage the ride or people.

Just guessing. Customer relations question for sure.

You have to be from some type of media outlet that will benefit the park, kind of like Coasterforce. If you want to record a pov just for the sake of it, then you're out of luck. Unless you want to get caught and probably kicked out of the park if you don't put your camera away....

What about sharpproductions, a YouTube guy who posts POV's - he uses a GoPro strapped to his chest. But he's not part of any media. How does that work?

Policies against cameras don't include an exception for those strapped to your person. So, presumably he's just breaking park rules without getting caught.

Now, Im not saying I would, wouldnt, have, or have not done this.... but there are great sun/spy glasses available on eBay for under $100, and would theoretically be perfect for daytime POVs for private storage on ones computer, provided a person didnt mind not having audio due to windnoise on the substandard mic.

Just a few weeks ago I was out at the park and the ride operator stopped Flight Deck on the lift hill because someone was trying to record. An operator then told them to put the camera away, over the loud speaker, so they could start the ride back up. They repeated the statement some 3 or 4 times before that patron put the camera away. The rode op said "thank you" and the ride started back up. So there you go...

~Josh

Just a few weeks ago I was out at the park and the ride operator stopped Flight Deck on the lift hill because someone was trying to record. An operator then told them to put the camera away, over the loud speaker, so they could start the ride back up. They repeated the statement some 3 or 4 times before that patron put the camera away. The rode op said "thank you" and the ride started back up. So there you go...

~Josh

Saw something similar happen except they were just about to leave the station and he said "Can you please put your phone away so I can start the ride?" and the person didn't move so he left his box and waved his hand in front of the person and said "Phone away please!" I laughed so hard...Poor soul...kidding.

The guests trying to record their own ride pov will think twice after they are ask to leave the park after they ignore the ride operator's command to stop. This is a violation of state law and can result in their arrest. The POV they watch on TV from shows like Insane Coaster Wars have the permission of the park and have professional camera equipment that have been securely mounted to the ride.

Sorry I don't want to loose a 300 dollar phone. That's the only thing that stops me from trying to sneak my camera or phone on the ride. If you loose it, you gotta pay for it.

If that phone or camera hits someone else, you may be paying for a lot more than it.

If you get caught, you also may be paying for a lot more.

• Like 2