Son Of Beast Demolition Photos

stashua123

A flight Deck employee said it. (im sorry didnt look at the name tag :unsure: ) He said there replacing it with a giga coaster(didnt say which brand). I know i sound like im one of those people that say they know employees and all that. Sorry if i do. But he really did say it. I have to see it to believe it.

Edited by stashua123

I can tell you that ride operators, or other seasonal employees, do not know what the plans are. Only the higher, upper management know what is going on and when they are ready, they will announce the plans to the world. This ride op better be careful about speculating what the plans are.

It would seem to me the proper time to create a thread for the SOB's demolition pictures or comments would be when it is being torn down. But like it was posted above, when did the park announce it will begin in 1 week? The the dipping dots guy transfer over to the Flight Deck?

• Like 2

I expect that noticeable signs of demolition will be seen around the beginning of Halloween Haunt. I will make sure to get shots of demolition from all around the city of Mason. I know one area that will be perfect.

I think the road next to Kings High School (and over by the Christmas store) would be an awesome view of it!

I expect that noticeable signs of demolition will be seen around the beginning of Halloween Haunt. I will make sure to get shots of demolition from all around the city of Mason. I know one area that will be perfect.

I think the road next to Kings High School (and over by the Christmas store) would be an awesome view of it!

I would think a good Area would be on SR 741 past the intersection of SR 62 on the hill. It's at least a good 5 to 10 miles away and you woudl need a clear cool day to get the picture. It's VERY far. I would post a picture but we never got a picture from that location yet.

I doubt the higher ups even know what is going to be bulit in the area vacated by SOB.

I sincerly doubt the higher ups have no idea what is going to be built there. You don't make the decision to take down a large structure like SOB w/o knowing where you're heading down the road. They may want to re-use existing footers (if possible), reuse the station, reuse prior site work from SOB. They're plans may well extend 5-10+ years into the future, but make no mistake, they have a "plan" for that area. Like every other plan, I'm sure its subject to change as time marches on, but I doubt they said, "we'll lets just tear it down so we can stop taking questions on the rides future, then we'll figure out what we want to do next."

• Like 4

Cedar Fair is always strategic with their planning. Cedar Point begins "working on" an area 2-3 seasons in advance of a coaster install. (I.E. moving the giant wheel and train tracks for MForce, demolishing White Water Landing and closing Swan Boats for Maverick, Removing Ocean Motion for WindSeeker, removing Demon Drop for yet-to-be-announced coaster.)

No doubt something is headed in that direction. But it will take time. Given CP is getting a coaster for 2013, I would bet KI is targeting 14- or 15 for a new biggie.

Shaggy

• Like 8