Son Of Beast Demolition Photos

stashua123

See, Im sorry to beat a dead horse, but THIS is what p***es me off about the way parks are run, and the PR departments in general. All anyone wants to know, is when demolition on SOB is going to commence. I am one who would truly enjoy taking pics of it, not because I hate SOB (though I do), but because I enjoy keeping records of things like this. Do you think I wouldnt have been front row center for the demolition of Villain had I known exactly what day it was going to start?? Instead of letting foolish "demolition will start next week, I got it from my mother's brother's son's second cousin who works as a sweep in Rivertown"rumors start and snowball, simply state "We have decided to start demolition of Son of Beast on September 8th" or whatever date it may possibly be. OK, off the soapbox, and I will never be convinced that its better to NOT announce things like this than it is TO announce them.

• Like 1

Dont lecture me about contractors, I AM a Contractor, so its not "exactly that". Terp, I know what you are saying, and I understand, but believe me we know far well enough in advance about jobs... especially ones of this magnitude... to be able to reasonably say "The work will start on or AROUND X date". Furthermore, I dont "care" enough to even consider driving to this park every day for any reason, especially this! I also understand, Terp, about things that may need to be done before commencement of said job. Again, what Im saying is, transparency will eliminate the foolish rumors that we all dislike and Love to pound into the ground. THAT, is the point. Sorry, taking care of two posts in one, so I dont double post.

• Like 1

During our Beast tour today, people of course asked lots of questions about SOB. Don answered every one of them, including when it will be torn down, "sometime soon".

He asked if any of us would take part in a tour of SOB, as a farewell. Everyone raised their hands of course. He is in the process of trying to get a tour together. Said tour would take place over the course of the Labor Day weekend. If people would like to see this happen, I suggest you let Don know about it.

• Like 16

During our Beast tour today, people of course asked lots of questions about SOB. Don answered everyone of them, including when it will be torn down, "sometime soon".

He asked if any of us would take part in a tour of SOB, as a farewell. Everyone raised their hands of course. He is in the process of trying to get a tour together. Said tour would take place over the course of the Labor Day weekend. If people would like to see this happen, I suggest you let Don know about it.

Man, I would love to do that. I'm one of the few who love the ride, and it'd be a great way to say "farwell". Too bad money is too tight to do it. :(

• Like 1

To make the long story short, I think Kings Island will wait until normal everyday operation shuts down for the week so they can bring in the big heavy equipment they need without interfering with the guests. This is probably why they are clearing a path over by Flight Deck. I also think they'll start out by Great Wolf Lodge and work they're way in so we probably won't see demolition of the lift hill until after the season is over. This is all my guessing but I think it's logical. ;)

• Like 1

See, Im sorry to beat a dead horse, but THIS is what p***es me off about the way parks are run, and the PR departments in general. All anyone wants to know, is when demolition on SOB is going to commence. I am one who would truly enjoy taking pics of it, not because I hate SOB (though I do), but because I enjoy keeping records of things like this.

Did you actually call the park & explain your desire for this information, or are you just relying on the tidbits of info found at some social media sources?

I ask because, let's face it, I would be surprised if the park understands your unique desire to document such historical events.

I literally just woke up from a dream where my sister and I went to the park on the final day of the season. What do you know, they opened Son of Beast up, the trains looked revolting and unsafe, but we had the time of our lives and wished it wouldn't be demolished.

But then I woke up to reality and said "Oh. Glad it's gone."

• Like 1