Son Of Beast Demolition Photos

stashua123

Ive been having rollercoaster dreams for the past 6 days :blink: . One was about Firehawk. Other was about Invertigo. 2 were about SoB. One about The Beast. And one about the whole park. I only remember one and it said the transfer thing on Firehawk was down for repairs but i rode it anyway! I guess i'm suffering from roller coaster withdrawal (havent been to KI in about 10 days!)

• Like 1

Mine was a bizarre dream that I was trying to show off the park to a friend of mine from out of state, but when we got to the park, Vortex was just a temporary carnival-model coaster, set up in the parking lot in front of SC. I mean it was very small and flimsy, and the loops were gone. Maybe, as dreams go, this was my subconscious reaction to SOB, with Vortex somehow filling the bill for Sonny.

:unsure:

• Like 1

there is so much to comment on here... I'm not sure where to begin.

the demolition work for SOB they are probably talking about to begin "later" this summer likely refers to "prep" work. I doubt pieces of the structure will start to come down before the end of the operating season. It's not like they move in one day and POOF- it's gone the next. when a crane (a rather large one) moves on the scene, you'll know its close. See, since CF probably doesn't have a crane of that size in its list of assets- it'll probably be rented on a daily, pro-rated basis. If I were to guess, there will be remnants still visible and identifiable by opening day '13.

Giga Coaster... I don't want to say "that's a load"..... but... that's a load.

Those wanting items or houses built from the SOB lumber should really do some research on treated lumber. It was mentioned yesterday that the main sticking point for souveniers using said lumber from SOB is that it has been treated with Arsenic and other HIGHLY toxic compounds.

Of course, after that tidbit someone still asked if they could bring Marshmellows.

• Like 4

You know if portions of the wood from SOB would be sold to people, with all the known risks from the treatment process, they will still sue after they get sick. There will be lawyers that will be licking their chops over the chance to make a few bucks. But if you really want to roast marshmallows over all that pressure treated lumber and all the toxic materials given off, go for it. Let me know how your lungs feel after breathing in all that gunk.

Shaggy, Demon Drop was not removed for the new coaster. Ocean Motion was moved in its place and now has a little bit of theming along with it.

Unless the new ride goes over top of it.

You missed the point... Cedar Point tends to "work on" an area seasons in advance in order to prep for a large install. I guarantee you that the removal of Demon Drop/move of Ocean Motion was all a part of the planning to install WindSeeker. WindSeeker was likely a plan to install an attraction which would serve a similuar porpose at the Space Spiral (on a more thrilling level.) Space Spiral's removal is realated to the new coaster... etc. etc. etc.

They're all connected.

• Like 6

Those wanting items or houses built from the SOB lumber should really do some research on treated lumber. It was mentioned yesterday that the main sticking point for souveniers using said lumber from SOB is that it has been treated with Arsenic and other HIGHLY toxic compounds.

Of course, after that tidbit someone still asked if they could bring Marshmellows.

How did people inspect the ride? Wearing gloves, boots, pants, and a sweater? =P

Requiring a reasonable donation selects enthusiasts willing to pay for such a tour. Too many would likely show up if it were free and known to the public.

Plus, a good cause can benefit.

Some would disagree about the "goodness" of the cause. Especially if it is the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure outfit, which has spawned its share of controversy due to, among other things, its affiliations......

--Beatle, not stating his personal opinion

• Like 2

People, at some point in your life, you have to take what the 16 year olds that are running the rides that you are riding and apply something that is not common anymore: Common sense. Lets say that the parks plan is 100% positive to be a giga in SOB's place. First, SOB has to leave (duh,) which is going to take awhile. Sparky could give you a time frame, and I trust his judgement on it, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that it is going to take awhile. THEN, after SOB is gone, prep has to be done to the grounds for the new coaster (some terraforming, removal of some, if not all, footers from SOB, ect,) then vertical construction will commence. If you can remember Diamondback, and how long it took from the point that it started going vertical till first testing. Common sense dictates that this guy was full of it. So next time the Dip N Dots guy (who is probably 15,) or so and so from whatever ride (most likely under the legal drinking age,) do everyone a favor: THINK!

I will miss SOB (my first ride crew,) but I knew it was coming one day and I have said my goodbyes. On the flip side, I can safely assume I'm one of a handful (if not the only one,) who worked on the SOB crew AND the TR:TR crew.

• Like 1

Some would disagree about the "goodness" of the cause. Especially if it is the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure outfit, which has spawned its share of controversy due to, among other things, its affiliations......

Yeah, notice this year you don't see the Komen name ANYWHERE around the whole pink snoopy promotion. If they're going to support an intolerant organization they should at least own it and advertise where the money is going. I had to ask a worker if the money is going to Komen's foundation, he said yes, would you like to buy a chance? I said, "no, I'll donate my money directly to Planned Parenthood." The poor guy had no idea why I said that.

• Like 2

Ive been having rollercoaster dreams for the past 6 days :blink: . One was about Firehawk. Other was about Invertigo. 2 were about SoB. One about The Beast. And one about the whole park. I only remember one and it said the transfer thing on Firehawk was down for repairs but i rode it anyway! I guess i'm suffering from roller coaster withdrawal (havent been to KI in about 10 days!)

I had a dream about KI yesterday! It was about Diamond Back. But It wasnt exacctly DB. It was a combo. between DB, and The Beast. It was in the same spot as Diamond Back, and it looked like diamond back... But it was green and brown, with that army camoflage tarp stuff on it. And It had The Beast's logo. I rode it (which was a first, I have never rode DB) I only renember the first hill. I must be having roller coaster withdraw too. I havent been to KI since KIC day ( 10 days too!) :blink: .

Is it me, or have we really went off topic in this thread? I thought it was about SOB Demo pics?

Trust me, sometimes it's better to go temporarily off-topic and let us rant versus starting 40 new topics a day. Also there aren't any SOB Demolition pics yet, so how can we get off-topic. To get us back on track, here's a pic of SOB in a bad Snowstorm:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think shooting black and white really captured the moment, don't you?

• Like 14

If I may share my snow storm picture.

Mine is a Polar Bear Family in a Snow Storm:

| |

| |

| |

| . . |

| .. |

| .. |

| .. |

|___________________________|

:D

EDIT: OH MY GOD. This posted?!! It failed! It works when I open it in the edit window but it looks stupid on the actual page -_- I meant to delete the comment, and I thought it did. Meh...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

SOBNail.png

(use's sarcasm)

so THAT'S what held it up for so long, wonder how they replaced that w/o it caving in...

(back to all seriousness)

on the "where will the wood go?" debate; my money is on them keeping the "good" pieces of wood that can be reused on one of the other wood coasters & whatever else maintainance may need it for (I.E. building new facade structures, making wall panels for any of the haunts).

• Like 2

Yeah, notice this year you don't see the Komen name ANYWHERE around the whole pink snoopy promotion. If they're going to support an intolerant organization they should at least own it and advertise where the money is going. I had to ask a worker if the money is going to Komen's foundation, he said yes, would you like to buy a chance? I said, "no, I'll donate my money directly to Planned Parenthood." The poor guy had no idea why I said that.

Ya im not liking Komen linked with planned parenthood Edited by stashua123

And you just made this thread political. TOS states that politics is not to be discussed here. I suggest you edit your post accordingly...but that's just my opinion....

I'm not arguing with you, but please help me understand something. What's political about discussing, and being unhappy that a corporation was sneakily (Komen's name was nowhere during the event) allowed to fund raise thousands of dollars in our park?

• Like 2