Most anticipated water park ride?

^That post was rude to my eyes! No capitalization, barely any text, and the post above dudecoasterman's has no punctuation!

EDIT: Don't take it personally. That was a horrible attempt at a joke. I'm kind of a grammar/spelling freak and I really hate when people don't spell things correctly or used the wrong form of punctuation or lack thereof. Capitalization is a biggie, too. "were is you go to" bothers me for several reasons! Can you name them? ;)

• Like 2

I've been to the Dells a few times, but surprisingly never Noah's Ark. I will say, however, that Poseidon's Rage wavepool at Mt. Olympus is just awesome. Hands down the best wavepool I've ever seen.

I've been to each park in the Wisconsin Dells several times, and have had a Noah's Ark season for the past 4 years because I live very close. Having been to these parks and other top water parks such as Schlitterbahn New Braunfels and Wet n' Wild Orlando, I have to say my all time favorite water park ride is Scorpion's Tail at Noah's Ark.

The trap door and the countdown in the capsule at the start of this slide just build anticipation to a maximum. Shortly after being released, you experience a prolonged moment zero g forces while plummeting and then are immediately glued to the side of the slide with surprising positive g forces as you smoothly begin your 45 degree ascent back up. From there, the ride just builds up more and more speed until you burst out of the end of the tube to experience one last instance of zero g forces before gradually slowing down on the final runway.

Scorpions Tail will always hold a special place to me because of my first ride on it. I was fortunate enough to be picked as the second official rider on media day after Bert the Conqueror because I was the leading contributor of the forums on the park's official website. I was extremely grateful of the park's management for choosing me, and it was by far my most memorable ride on a water slide.

The whole experience is just one big rush, and non stop speed until the final splashdown. The only major problem with this ride is capacity, as there is only one slider at a time. Another more expensive option is getting multiple Aqualoop slides like Wet N' Wild Australia did, which would dramatically increase the ride's riders per hour. Overall, I think this type of attraction would be a fantastic addition to any water park

• Like 1

Do you want a major water slide investment even though the park just did a major expansion of Soak City or a new roller coaster to replace SOB? When it is 95 degrees and the sun is beating down on me, the last place I want is to wait in line for a long time to ride a water slide that only last seconds. I would rather spend my time in the wave pool keep cool, which is the reason why I go to a water park during the heat of the summer. Don't expect a major water slide investment after they just expanded the water park. It will be the same thing when they finally do announce the replacement for SOB, they won't build a new roller coaster until several years afterwards.

Why do people say that the dry park "needs" a new roller coaster? The last time the dry park got a roller coaster was in 2009. 2009! The last time Soak City got any new slides was in 2004. And one of them just replaced an old slide! So really, only one gain in attractions that year.

How did the water park get hugely expanded when all they added was a wave pool? I wouldn't necessarily call that an expansion and say we're done with it for a few more years. Soak City is in desperate need of a new slide, whilst Diamondback hasn't lost a bit of its luster. Quit your complaining, because the dry park doesn't need a new attraction. Soak City does.

EDIT: Also, KI-ORIG-EMP, just because you hate Soak City more than BB1, doesn't mean others don't enjoy it. So quit raining on everyone's parade and let the water park get something new other than cabanas, another wave pool, new bathrooms, or similar.

Good day to you, sir.

• Like 3

Why do people say that the dry park "needs" a new roller coaster? The last time the dry park got a roller coaster was in 2009. 2009! The last time Soak City got any new slides was in 2004. And one of them just replaced an old slide! So really, only one gain in attractions that year.

How did the water park get hugely expanded when all they added was a wave pool? I wouldn't necessarily call that an expansion and say we're done with it for a few more years. Soak City is in desperate need of a new slide, whilst Diamondback hasn't lost a bit of its luster. Quit your complaining, because the dry park doesn't need a new attraction. Soak City does.

EDIT: Also, KI-ORIG-EMP, just because you hate Soak City more than BB1, doesn't mean others don't enjoy it. So quit raining on everyone's parade.

Good day to you, sir.

Who saids I hate Soak City? I just don't see an investment in a water slide with the recent expansion of a new wave pool and other amenities. Give the park a couple of years before deciding to expand again as there are other areas of the park besides the water side that needs future expansion with the limited funds available. I just don't see waiting in line for a while for a ride that only last seconds when I can spend my time staying cool in the wave pool. What if the vast majority of people decided to ride the water slide instead of staying cool in the pool? Would not it cause huge wait times while they continue to sweat from the heat of the sun? I just spend my time staying cool rather than riding a water slide. Also, how long does one stay at the water park vs the dry side? The max I spend would be 2 or 3 hours and then I become water logged. Again I do not hate Soak City and I will continue to respond to responses that people make, just like I did yours.

Now that I know The Beach Waterpark is going to open next summer and will be adding new waterslides I guess I could say I kind of don't care whether Soak City gets a new water slide or not. Although I do feel Soak City really is in need of a new water slide and is due to get one since their latest water slide was built 8 years ago.

• Like 2

A wavepool isn't enough to justify it being an expansion. There needs to be a waterslide very soon, and management knows that.

Why would you wait as much as 2+ hours for 2 minutes of fun on a roller coaster?

I do not wait 2 plus hours waiting in line for a roller coaster, as I have said in another message thread. There are other days that will be less crowded for me to ride without waiting a long time. That is the best part of having a season pass or like me, an employee ID. The way I look at it, the vast majority of people I see are in the wave pool most of their time they spend at the water park. Will the water slide increase attendance or will they replace a older water slide for a newer one? I think with the new wave pool, they have increased the area for people that felt the older wave pool was getting over crowded, thus allowing for an increase in crowds. And management knows that funds are limited and another area will expand (we all know what) and the water slide will come later on. It takes lots of dollars to build a new roller coaster and water slide but not at the same time due to the limited funds for expansion.

So in my attempt to find the pictures of the quad aqua loops which I think would be far more exciting than a water-coaster. That is unless they develop a tantrum style water-coaster. I found what seems to be the most amazing waterslide I think I have ever seen. A double loop aqua loop at a waterpark named Wave in Austria. Here's a pic...

02.jpg

http://www.woerglerwasserwelt.at

Now that I know The Beach Waterpark is going to open next summer and will be adding new waterslides I guess I could say I kind of don't care whether Soak City gets a new water slide or not. Although I do feel Soak City really is in need of a new water slide and is due to get one since their latest water slide was built 8 years ago.

I'd care if I were you. An announcement is not an opening. How many times has Kentucky Kingdom announced it is reopening?

Also, $1 million. That's what the new owners at The Beach claim to be investing in new rides. Very rose colored glasses given the condition of that place.

EDIT: Also, KI-ORIG-EMP, just because you hate Soak City more than BB1, doesn't mean others don't enjoy it. So quit raining on everyone's parade and let the water park get something new other than cabanas, another wave pool, new bathrooms, or similar.

Good day to you, sir.

Well, this is new.

^ I strongly dissagree. Kings Island's Soak City has been more popular this year than any other year.

I can second this, due to the Beach and KK shut downs over the past few years, and the new reno-to the Soak City area made more people come to SC than before (although I did hear some people saying the BB was better yesterday...)

Also I would like a water coaster (what I've expected since '10 on the old hills with the telephone lines, and or where the new wave pool is) near the "Pineapple Plunge".

^ I strongly dissagree. Kings Island's Soak City has been more popular this year than any other year.

I think the closing of a competitor and the record heat has had a much larger impact on the attendance at SC this year than the actual expansion itself.

Although I think we all would agree that the crowds would have been crazy in SC without the extra wave pool this year...talk about perfect timing.

• Like 2