Canada's Wonderland 8-2-2012 Trip Report.

Keysersoze

Hey all,

I don't post many trip reports, partly because my trips to the amusment parks tend to be about the same everytime. I think the last trip report I did was the last time I went to CW in 2008 for Behemoth. This time we made the trip for Leviathan. For those who do not know Leviathan is B&M's first 300 foot 92 mph coaster. As soon as I found out about the ride(around this time last year), my buddy and me started planning our trip. I got Fast Lane passes for the full day we were there for I had been to CW before and I know the kind of crowds that park has... Fast Lane Passes are worth every penny at that park.

We got to the park around 11:00am and could easy hear the mightly roar of B&M coasters. Of coarse Leviathan was first on the list. When I first saw the ride promo's I thought "wow a Millennium Force done B&M style...Cool about time"! Like Diamondback the seats are nice a big and comfortable with only the lap bar and no seat belts. Unlike Diamondback the seats are four across, which is cool for it's a people eater in the front seat, which is where we went first. All together we rode Leviathan 5 times, 4 times in the front seat and once in the very back. This ride is very cool. The lift hill is a chain, a very fast chain, then down the 80 degree drop. The ride is very smooth. if this is the direction B&M is going, Intamin look out! My only complant about it is it's a little short, at 5,486 feet this coaster could of used another 1000 feet of track!

We rode about everything there. Vortex, the same ride as our Flight Deck was really cool over the CW mountain and lake. The whole ride seemed to make more sense then our Flight Deck does, like it was built for CW's mountain. We did WindSeeker, still seems to me like KI's last longer then any other park, and at CW there was no music. We did do Behemoth a couple of times, still a great ride and I am still on the fence as to if Behemoth or Diamondback is better. One thing I did notice is Behemoth seemed a little rough, maybe we had a flat spot on a wheel or something, I hope that doesn't happen to my beloved Diamondback.

• Like 4

Was Sledgehammer open when you went? I hope you visited their Sky Lab, Orbiter. Wonderland's flat package is incredible. Glad you had a great time!

Yes Sledgehammer was running, infact everything was running. My friend and I even notice the day we were there that everything was running, unlike the No Action Zone of KI!

• Like 1