KIC Day 2012 8-4-12 PTR

ohiocolts

Hello, everybody! There was a KIC meet up at Kings Island on August 4th. If you want to know more on that, see here http://www.KICentral...6-kic-day-2012/, and here http://www.KICentral...-kic-day-2012/. So, we were all going to meet up at 10AM at the Fast Lane booth, and my dad drove me here for ERT. We got there right before the park opened, and went on Drop Tower.

IMG_2433.jpg

There was nobody in line, and we just waited for the cycle to end. Then, we got on. Drop Tower is about the only ride at Kings Island that will get my stomach excited every time. It was a fun ride, and there were only a few people in line, so me and my dad stayed on for another go. It was another good ride. We then headed over to Diamondback.

There was a walk on for Diamondback. It was, as always, a good ride. We had a little time left until the meeting at the Fast Lane booth, so we rode one more time. Walk on, fun ride. I headed to the Fast Lane booth to meet up with the other KICers, and my dad was going to get one ride on Flight of Fear, then head home, as he only had a little sleep, and could not survive 15 hours here.

I got to the booth, and there were to other KICers there. Jonathan/jcgoble3, and MDMC01/Forgot your name . We were waiting for a while, and some other KICers started to show up, including Gabe, Joncars05/forgot your name too  pkiboy/Adam, Original/Didn’t say her name, dudecoasterman/Alek and I’m not sure about anybody else.

So, we got together and the people buying Fast Lane bought Fast Lane. We, umm, lost Gabe. He went to the restroom, and was never to return. Anyway, most of us first headed to Invertigo.

IMG_2442.jpg

I’m not waiting in that line! Oh, wait, I have Fast Lane!

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2460.jpg

Ok, enough Invertigo pics. So, we waited about 10 minutes, and we got on. It was a fun ride, as usual. We then headed over to Drop Tower. This was probably the longest Fast Lane line we waited in all day, surprisingly. The regular line was pretty long. We probably waited about 20 minutes.

IMG_2466.jpg

This was Dudecoasterman’s/Alek’s first time riding Drop Tower. We talked him into it. “Why am I doing this”!? He was saying. Well, we got on for a fun ride. Unsurprisingly, Alek loved it! We then headed off to Adventure Express.

There was a long regular line for AE, but absolutely no Fast Lane line. So, we walked on, towards the back. It was a nice ride. Also, Adam told us to look towards SOB right before a tunnel, and I could see SOB’s trains. I wonder what will happen with those. Also, I brought a back with me with flips flops and a towel for when we go on wet rides. When we were done, I forgot it. So, I went back and got it. Bag forget #1.

Now we headed to The Racer. A few of us went on Blue, a few of us on Red. I was on Red. It was just a station wait with Fast Lane, and there was a bit of a regular line. It was a fun ride, as always. The park was looking very crowded today. Good thing we got Fast Lane. We then headed to Flight of Fear.

On the way, we stopped at Potato Works to get some water. We went to FOF, and it looked like about an hour regular wait. The Fast Lane line was set up a little differently on this ride, as we went into the Flying Saucer instead of the station. We waited about 10 minutes.

IMG_2472.jpg

It was a fun ride. Just good ole’ Flight of Fear. Some of us then headed to Firehawk, while some others waited. We waited about 10 minutes with Fast Lane.

IMG_2476.jpg

This looks normal.

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2480.jpg

So, about a 10 minute wait, and we got to ride in the front row. It was a fun ride. I like Firehawk. 4th favorite coaster. So, yeah. Most of us got together and went to WindSeeker. There was a long regular line, but not a long Fast Lane line. We waited about 5 minutes. It was a nice, relaxing ride, with great views as always. Vortex was right there, so we went on it.

Everyone else headed towards the front, and I was solo in 5-1. It was a nice ride, with not much head banging. Then, guess what I realized? I forgot my bag at WindSeeker! I went in the Fast Lane line and told the separator I forgot my bag. So, I went in the line and waited for the ride to end, then got my bag. Luckily, Alek was waiting for me, and we walked to Skyline, where we would eat. Bag Forget #2.

When we got there, they said we would go to the Air Conditioned skyline on International Street, so we went there. I got the 3 coney deal, and ate my food. When we were finished, some of us split up. I was with Joncars05 and Alek, and we headed to the Eiffel Tower.

This is when I found out why Eiffel Tower needs Fast Lane. The whole queue was filled, but there was nobody in the Fast Lane line. We waited for the elevator to come down, and got in.

IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg

It had some nice views from the top, and probably one of the last times seeing Son of Beast in full form. We then headed off to The Beast. There was a long regular line. We waited about 15 minutes in the Fast Lane line. Another great ride on the world’s longest wooden rollercoaster. We then went on it again. About another 15 minute wait. Another great ride. We now headed to Diamondback.

IMG_2496.jpg

There was about a 5 minute wait. Another awesome Diamondback ride! We then got on a second time, and about another 5 minute Fast Lane wait. The regular line had about all the switchbacks open. It was a fun ride, and I realized I forgot my bag on the first ride. I looked through all the bins, but couldn’t find it. After asking many times, the Diamondback crew finally got it for us. Bag forget #3.

We went on 2 more times, again, each with about 5 minute waits. 2 more fun rides. We then sat down and decided to go on Race For Your Life Charlie Brown. I changed into my flip flops and we headed there. There was a long regular line, and about a 5 minute Fast Lane line. I haven’t been on RFYLCB yet this year. It was a nice ride, and I got a bit wet. We then kind of worked our way around to Vortex. Vortex was about a walk on, and Jonathan rode 5-1 with me. Another FUN ride.

We then went to WindSeeker. It was about a 5 minute wait. Another nice ride with nice views. We then headed to Flight of Fear, while Alek rode Firehawk.

It was about a 10 minute Fast Lane wait. Another great Flight of Fear ride. We then headed to Action Zone. We went to Delirium, which we had not rode yet today. It was a walk on with Fast Lane. A fun Delirium ride. We then walked back to Flight Deck.

Flight Deck was a station wait, and it does not support Fast Lane. It was a fun ride, as always. While we were waiting for Jonathan’s ride to finish, me and Alek were talking about what the names for rides would be if Six Flags owned Kings Island. Diamondback would be Goliath, Firehawk would be Superman, etc. We then headed to Drop Tower.[/font]

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

R.I.P 2000-2012 (Last operated 2009).

Drop Tower was a walk on with Fast Lane. It was another great ride. I can tell Alec really likes it. We then went to cool of on Congo Falls. It was a walk on, and we used the Fast Lane line, because I was not going to wait behind a whole entire 5 people in line!

Well, off course, we got wet. And, I thought I was wet and gold enough, but guess what? The geysers decided to be on time today! So that made me a bit wet and cold. Alec said he was wet enough and would get wet on the bridge, but I didn’t. We then headed to Invertigo.

It was w walk on with Fast Lane, and another fun ride. We then were getting hungry, and headed to Hank’s to eat. But Alec didn’t know it was Mexican, (Probably hasn’t seen it yet this year) and says that Mexican doesn’t go well with his stomach. So, we headed to the Festhaus to eat.

I just got the pizza combo, which because of the park’s ridiculous prices, didn’t seem like a bad deal. It had 2 pizza slices and 2 breadsticks for about 8 bucks. I also got my first FUN Perks instant reward, which was for a free Cotton Candy. So, I sat down and ate my food with Jonathan, Alec, and Alec’s mom. Right when we were done, American Country started. So, then we saw Viking Fury and headed there.

IMG_2517.jpg

It was a 2 cycle wait for the next to last row. It was a nice ride, on Viking Fury. We then wanted to meet up with Adam again, who left the park for a couple hours because of the heat, and it was humid. Surprisingly, the heat didn’t bother me too much. Well, we finally got to him awhile later at The Racer entrance, but then, Alek had to go home, because they had a 2+ hour drive home. So we said bye to him, and took a Red Racer ride with Adam.

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_2527.jpg

This is from when we were waiting for him at the water tower, but things changed. It was starting to get dark at this time, so we had an evening ride on The Racer. I rode Red, and it was a fun ride. Well, we split up from Adam, and it was just me and Jonathan for the rest of the night. We headed to WindSeeker.

We waited for the cycle to end on WindSeeker. WindSeeker had the whole queue filled. But we had Fast Lane. So, we got on, with the pretty lights on. Another nice ride with nice views.

IMG_2536.jpg

We then headed to Backlot, which I have never rode at night. We waited about 5 minutes with Fast Lane.

IMG_2543.jpg

Sorry, this is my last picture. The fire really stands out at night. So, Backlot was a really good night ride. The billboards light up, the police cars lights are cool, and the fire stands out. There was about 30 minutes until 10, and we wanted a Diamondback fireworks ride, so we headed for a Beast ride, hoping for a short enough Fast Lane line to finish the ride before fireworks shut down.

There was about a 10 minute wait, and we made it before shut down. It was just an awesome Beast night ride. We saw Original in the station, who we haven’t seen since we bought Fast Lane. So, we then headed for a Diamondback fireworks ride.

On the way, Jonathan realized I forgot my bag, AGAIN! Does anybody mind making a face palm meme about forgetting your bag 4 times? Bag forget #4.[/size]

We decided to get the Diamondback fireworks ride then head back to The Beast. The wait was about 5 minutes, and as soon as we boarded, the fireworks started. So, a great Diamondback fireworks ride! After that, we headed to The Beast to get my bag.

We got it pretty easily, and The Beast was still closed for fireworks. We then headed to White Water Canyon, which I haven’t rode in years. There was a LONG walk there, but we made it. There was a short line that was about 5 minutes. So, it was a really good night ride. A lot of it is really dark, and I like going under the train track “tunnels”. It was a lot of fun

, and I got soaked. We then decided to make the trek to Action Zone.

We went on Flight Deck in the front row, which we waited about 5 minutes for the front row. It was a great night ride, and it just seems like coasters at night are in fast motion. It was a really fun ride, and we headed to Drop Tower.

The Fast Lane line was a walk on for Drop Tower, and the regular line now only had 1 switchback open. When going up, the park really seems to have died down. There was no line for Invertigo, and I saw very short Delirium line. It was a nice view, but other than the darkness, the ride experience didn’t seem any different on Drop Tower.

We were walking somewhere, and I asked Jonathan where we were going. He said Flight of Fear. The outdoor FOF queue was empty, but I wasn’t sure about the indoor. It was a walk on with Fast Lane, and another great ride.

We then went to Firehawk, but we didn’t ride it, because I couldn’t take my back. (Adam took it earlier) The employee said I had to get a locker, but I wasn’t paying the ridiculous price for one of those, especially this late at night. So, we headed for one last ride on The Beast.

There was nobody in the Fast Lane line, and the regular line had died down. So, it was a walk on, and another awesome Beast night ride. We were trying to look through The Crypt building, because the 2 bottom gates were open, and saw something, because the lights were on. I have absolutely no idea what it was, but probably something for the Haunt. Check it out yourself.

Well, it was about midnight, and that’s when I had to meet up with my family at the Eiffel Tower, who came around 9. So, then, I said bye to Jonathan, and headed home.

Fast Lane: It was a real help, considering the lines were long, as I was expecting. Most Fast Lane lines just empty out at the station. It was very nice having it, but I won’t like not having it next time I visit :P. If you happen to be traveling here on a Saturday, it is a great thing to have. I counted getting about 37 rides in.

A couple notes:

*I love meeting together with other KICers. They are all mentioning doing another come Haunt time, but I, and my mom letting me, would have to be talked into going, because unless if it’s rollercoasters, I am more on the scared side.

*We lucked out on the weather. There was only some lightning at night, but it was far enough away for everything to be open.

*All the rides seemed to be open.

And, as always, from the KIC Day 2012 founder,

Thanks For Reading!

Edit: Sorry about all the text changes. Word copying is acting wierd. And for some dumb reason, some of my pictures won't show up!

Edit #2: The text changes have been fixed. Stay tuned and hopefully I can get the rest of the photos up!

Edit #3: All the photos are now up. Thank's for waiting, if you bother to check back!

Edited by ohiocolts
  • Like 12

Glad you had a great time. What did you see in The Crypt's ride chamber? Any temporary walls or was it too far away to see?

Most of your pictures don't work by the way.

I can't be sure. I think I saw a table or 2, and at night I thought I saw a pile of something. I have no idea what it can be. You will know what I mean if you go see it riding The Beast or something. And, I have no idea why some of my pictures won't work :angry: .

• Like 1

Great report! It was a lot of fun meeting up with you guys, and yes, Fast Lane was definitely worth the $25 I paid for it with the coupon and would have been worth the full price of $60 as well.

As for Haunt, if your mom lets you, I think you'll have fun. Last year, I was scared as well, but I had a blast on opening night.

• Like 3

It sounds like Fast Lane really made the day. Did you get any glares from Diamondback's standby line during the group marathon?

If there's a KIC Night during the Haunt, I'd definitely try to go. Getting everyone to buy Fast Lane+Fright Lane for Saturday or finding a Friday that works for everyone may be hard, though. Since there will never be a single date that works for everyone, and many people from here will go more than once, perhaps schedule two?

Next time, to avoid splitting up, someone should tweet the location of the group. Everyone could then use either a smartphone or text messaging to get these tweets, and no one would have to maintain a list of phone numbers. People not carrying phones could bring a cheap 2-way FRS radio, to get location updates in what's now an old fashioned way. (For what it's worth, when I bring radios, I set them all to channel 13 squelch 37. Use the same channel and we could end up meeting!)

^The member TheCrypt was going to text out the location of the group to anybody late and stuff, but he never was able to come. And, I don't remember getting any glares, but I could have, cause I wasn't paying attention. About the whole queue was filled.

This is why using Twitter and/or two-way radios would be better, so one person doesn't have to be responsible for updating everyone else. Also, if some people have Fast Lane/Fright Lane and others don't, the group could be split up in different lines. It would be really hard for one person to keep track of this.

Original/Didn’t say her name

It was just an awesome Beast night ride. We saw Original in the station, who we haven’t seen since we bought Fast Lane. So, we then headed for a Diamondback fireworks ride.

I did to say my name! And yes, you didn'tsee me since we bought the Fast Lane. I didnt want to ride Invertigo at that time because I hadn't rde it yet, but I did ride it for my first time later on in the day, along with FOF. I left when You guys were headed to Invertigo. PKI Boy gave me his number, but my phone died and I had no way to contact you. I did end up riding Invertigo later with Joncars05.

We were walking past the Kings Island Thetere when I ran & tapped him on the back and said "you split up with the group too?". He laughed and said "yes" we talked and walked in the direction towards intertigo. He kept on walking and I stopped to talk to my family. Andrew was nagging me to ride FOF with him for the first time with meso we made a deal that If he rode his first ride On Invertigo with me, I'll ride FOF with him. He agreed. We ran over to te FL and suprisingly were behind Joncars05 and he said Hi guys! and we went on with him face to face. He was really fun to ride with when we were going on the first hill Andrew was going "Ohhh crapp" a bunch of times. Jon. Said "Relax, this is the best/ most fun/ worst part! " He said click when we letgo and we laughed all the way, when we got to the 2nd hill we all said click at the same time and laughed so hard on the ride.

About 8 hours later We were getting on the ride for The Beast the people in front of us got on when I turned around and saw ohiocolts and the guy in the green shirt. I ran over And said hi. We said some other stuff as the gates were opening for my turn my parent was yelling at me tochurry up but ohiocolts offered me to ride diamond back but Im not ready for it and I said "no thanks, sorry" I ran over and slid in between the gates as they closed ajumped in my seat and we were off! It was my first night ride in The Beast and it was awesome!!!! I wish there was a little less light back there though. I should type the rest of my amazing night but I really need to post a TR...

• Like 1

About 8 hours later We were getting on the ride for The Beast the people in front of us got on when I turned around and saw ohiocolts and the guy in the green shirt. I ran over And said hi. We said some other stuff as the gates were opening for my turn my parent was yelling at me tochurry up but ohiocolts offered me to ride diamond back but Im not ready for it and I said "no thanks, sorry"

The "guy in the green shirt" was me. :) Glad you had fun, and congratulations on riding Invertigo for the first time!

• Like 3