Kid area theme

Dill

So I tried to find this in the search bar but didn't see anything... Just wondering how many years are typically inbetween the re-theme of what is now Planet Snoopy. I think it's four or five, so Planet Snoopy shouldn't be around much longer right? I wonder what the next theme would be? Interesting thoughts to think:) !

I highly doubt that we'll see another re-theme of the kids area as long as Cedar Fair owns KI. They have the rights to use the Peanuts characters in their parks. Why would they buy rights to something else just for KI? As much as I'd like to see it themed something else eventually, unfortunately I don't think that will happen.

I highly doubt that we'll see another re-theme of the kids area as long as Cedar Fair owns KI. They have the rights to use the Peanuts characters in their parks. Why would they buy rights to something else just for KI? As much as I'd like to see it themed something else eventually, unfortunately I don't think that will happen.

Unfortunately that makes sense... I think Nick universe was the best time period. It was and still would be modern and relevant for kids. They themed it heavily on sponge bob which will never get old(modern Mickey mouse) and it felt right for it to be nick universe. Now it just feel like the same old generic old time snoopy crap at every other park. Cedar Fair is terrible at doing anything fun and original theme wise

Unfortunately that makes sense... I think Nick universe was the best time period. It was and still would be modern and relevant for kids. They themed it heavily on sponge bob which will never get old(modern Mickey mouse) and it felt right for it to be nick universe. Now it just feel like the same old generic old time snoopy crap at every other park. Cedar Fair is terrible at doing anything fun and original theme wise

I agree. Even as an adult I loved walking through Nick Universe! Now I could care less. I know it's supposed to be for the kids and all, but I still don't think it's as fun of or as appealing an atmosphere as it was when it was Hanna-Barbera or Nick Universe.

Few people that attend Kings Island regularly attend other Cedar Fair parks. Those that do regularly attend other Cedar Fair parks probably aren't attending multiple Cedar Fair parks for their Planet Snoopy. Those that are regularly attending multiple Cedar Fair parks with a main eye on Planet Snoopy (ie young kids) likely still believe in the Easter bunny and aren't that worried that Planet Snoopy in mason is similarly themed to the Planet Snoopy along lake erie.

But if you don't like it, what is the alternative?

The mouse is obviously out.

Nick is obviously out.

Don't know who owns the rights to H-B, but that would be completely lost on any kids today.

Snoopy is classic and timeless, and its used for multiple advertising campaigns around the country. My 4 year old son sees a met life commercial, he might as well be seeing a Kings Island commercial as he always attaches the snoopy on the blimp with his memories and experiences of seeing snoopy in Kings Island. Planet Snoopy works very well in that regard, not that I think it matters all that much in the end. I have the same experience on Woodstock express as I did when it was called The Beastie as kids did during the turn of the century when it had a nick themed name. Surf Dog v Avatar, same ride. Flying Ace Ariel Chase vs whatever Nick name it had, same ride, etc, etc, etc....

I agree. Even as an adult I loved walking through Nick Universe! Now I could care less. I know it's supposed to be for the kids and all, but I still don't think it's as fun of or as appealing an atmosphere as it was when it was Hanna-Barbera or Nick Universe.

Nickelodean Central and Nickelodean Universe were depressing. I hate Nickelodean Universe, because my absolute favorite ride of all time was taken out. Boo Boo's Baggage Claim. And why was it removed? Concrete.

To me when it was nick universe it was fun, bright, and it seemed like a party every time I was there(even at 15!) but now it's just a plain, bland poo fest.... Sorta like that other park we have with that water n junk. Point is, they killed my childhood. Spongebob 3D was silly but who would rather sit in motionless seats for sinks over awesome interactive seats on an adventure with sponge on to find a pickle..... I vote for the pickle:)

I liked Hanna-Barbera Land, I liked Nickelodeon Universe, and I like Planet Snoopy. I really don't miss any of them. The last time I got to go to HBL was when I was 7 so I don't remember it too well anyway.

Nickelodeon was my favorite, though, because it really brought me back to 90's Nick (which I love) and my favorite part about it was the Cosmo and Wanda trains on Fairly Odd Coaster!

Planet Snoopy, in my opinion, is the most colorful and bright of them all, but I'm not a big fan of Peanuts.

I think Snoopy is here to stay for a while. With every Cedar Fair park having a Snoopy-themed area, I doubt they'd change it anytime soon.

• Like 1

I will always stand by my opinion that the Nickelodean area looked depressing. Does anyone remember the Fairly Odd Coaster's color scheme? Hideous and revolting. The mini helicopters that encompass Character Carousel? Dark and disgusting. Even Runaway Reptar looked sorry. I was glad that each ride got various new colors and lighter shades. Light blues, hot orange, bright yellow, among others.

Maybe you liked the Nickelodean theme better because you yourself relate to the cartoons from which the rides were "themed". However, most of those shows we're off the air by the time those rides debuted with the names. I won't lie when I say that I loved Danny Phantom, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Rugrats, even Lazy Town, but the kids simply couldn't relate to them because those characters aren't timeless. I'm sure if I came up to a little one in Planet Snoopy today, I would ask them "Do you know who Charlie Brown is?" Chances are, they'd say something to the effect of "Yeah! He's in that comic strip and the cartoon I watch at Christmas!" I then proceed to ask them if they know who Danny Phantom or Little Bill is. "Who's that?" I'd imagine I'd get.

The Nick characters were old, and needed replacement.

Of course Dill would vote for the pickle.

Hahaha that made my day! Thanks Terp! And I agree that some characters were outdated, mainly Danny phantom, Avatar, and Jimmy Neutron, but with all the sponge bob they already had, they could have easily converted to a sponge bob only kids area. The statues and props they had were awesome, and sponge bob is deffinately timelessly classic:) (ps, today I noticed they still have the nick universe sign out behind SOB with some other stuff!)

agreed that Snoopy will not go anywhere, hopefully KI will retain its top spot for kids land, keep adding rides, and good over all theme.

Whats everyone feel about a snoopy dark ride, maybe the great pumpkin christmas and easter beagle section in the park, Holiday snoopy then maybe a summer surf dog beach scenes?

I think this would be great!

If you saw that from Google Maps, that map is old. Those items could have likely been scrapped or sold to a collector.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, the only things related to Spongebob was Bikini Bottom Splash and Plankton's Plunge.

there was also Krusty Krab snack shack... Without krabby patties. The splash maze was themed to spongebob with the giant pineapple at the entrance, and also there were different sponge bob statues. There's something else I'm forgetting... And if any of you have been to mall of America's nick universe... Don't you think we need a flat ride like the teenage mutant ninja turtles one!!! That thing is soooo fun!!