Kings Island Trip Report August 7, 2012

jdawg1998

Today I went to Kings Island with my mom, sister, and grandparents, and later met up with CoasterGeek101 butthead (inside joke).

We got there at 10:00 and to our surprise, once again, it was crowded. Mainly in the Planet Snoopy area. My grandparents usually go to Kings Island to relax so we all together rode Boo Blasters and I got my high score of 680 (I'm so good, right?) while my grandma got 1,400!

By the time that was over we were already hungry and it was 11. We ate at Chick-Fil-A. My mom didn't have enough money ($20) to get me a regular 8 piece chicken nugget! I know I've been to Kings Island a lot and know about their outrageous food prices, but for $20 she couldn't even pay for all of us, not even me, my sister, and herself.

Emily (sister) wanted to ride The Great Pumpkin Coaster because it was a very short line; so I did with her. It'd been my first time on it since I was 6 or 7. I think it broke my neck. I posed for the picture like I was so scared of the ride, while my sister put her hands up and screamed, in the front seat. I think I might post a picture of it; my mom insisted we'd buy a picture and a magnet.

WARNING: This next paragraph is a rant and complaint. If you don't like those, don't read. Approaching Woodstock Express I looked at the sign to see if I could ride with my sister; "40-46" must be accompanied by a responsible person". I would count myself as responsible. I'm 14, almost 15 and I didn't think it'd be a problem. We waited twenty minutes - thirty minutes to ride in front seat; by the time I had sat down, buckled my seatbelt, and the lap bars had come down, I was asked by a ride op how old I was. She then ordered my sister up from her seat after the lap bars were released to be measured; under 46" - so, I was kicked off the ride because I'm not "responsible". I had to get my mom all the way at the snow cone stand to come and ride with her, after waiting a half hour. I was so mad. The only time I can actually complain about Kings Island. First of all; why not say "40-46" must be accompanied by 18+" or something like that. Second, shouldn't there be someone in the front of the line that measures children and stops them if they're too short, or, in my case, if I'm not allowed to ride with her? Seriously. It was my first time doing this, so I wouldn't know, and the sign was very vague. I was allowed to ride The Great Pumpkin Coaster with her, but not Woodstock Express? I don't understand what the big deal is, and I should be considered a responsible person. After waiting a half hour for it, and getting really excited to ride it for the first time with my little sister, they kick me off for something I didn't know about. Please, hire someone in the front to tell me otherwise, or at least make the sign a little more in depth.

Anyways...next, I rode Diamondback with my mom (only 15 minutes, finally). We rode in the way back; which is my new favorite seat. It's much more intense than any other seat. After the great ride on DB, I waited for CoasterGeek101; in the meantime I rode Linus Launcher with Emily...it wasn't very fun; the seats were very hot and I couldn't put my face on it! CoasterGeek101 (who I will now refer to as butthead) met me at Diamondback and we quickly rode it. It was my first time meeting him; he's pretty cool, besides being a butthead.

He insisted on riding Vortex, after I begged and begged him not to go on it (more inside jokes, sorry), and I will now say I won't ride it again. It hurts so much...it seems like it's gotten worse. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this; it's like it was designed with RCT3!

We didn't even try and go over to X-Base because we knew it would be crowded. So, we got right on The Racer and beat the blue train with pleasure. A fun ride, like always, and like someone on here told me (forgot who), I made it hurt less by letting my arms and legs free.

My mom and Emily wanted to catch Ed Alonzo's Pyscho Circus of Magic & Mayhem before we left, so we went too with butthead's mom. We all loved it (I think) but I thought it was kind of funny when Ed was thrown a torch and dropped it; but regained composure right away. The only problem with watching it twice is I figured out how they did a trick; I won't spoil it to anybody though.

In the end it was a decent day at Kings Island, after getting my neck broken on Great Pumpkin Coaster, getting kicked off Woodstock Express, and getting my head beaten to death by Vortex.

:)

• Like 2

Yeah I thought Vortex was more painful than usual, but thanks for meeting me Justin!

No problem.

Somewhere in another website for RCT3 they actualyl said Vortex was designed like it would be in RCT3

I think I saw this comment on a POV of Vortex on YouTube, actually.

I went on Vortex twice today (yesterday), and I didn't think it hurt. It was a little bumpier than usual, and I know the ride ride shut down for a short period of time. My day at KI was great, and the lines seemed fairly short to me. Maybe I just go on the wrong days.