Flight Deck Removal?

stashua123

You fanboys complain about the supposed long walk to Flightdeck yet you walk around a big ass amusement park all day?

Physical exertion has nothing to do with it. It's the lack of anything to keep us occupied on the way back that is the problem.

Keep you occupied? It's a que(sp?) line for a ride. It's sole purpose is to line people up to ride the ride and it does just that. What more do you want?

It would "do just that" if the line of people waiting to ride was actually still long enough to fill most of the queue. As it is, I would not be surprised if the long walk to get back there turns people off from the idea of riding it. It's also wasted space, particularly now that SOB is out of the way.

Except when there is a line for the ride it does what it's supposed to; queue people up. Still not sure what point you're trying to make. Wasted space? Huh? SOB was never "in the way" seeing how it was built after Flightdeck.

• Like 5

I'll take that point by point:

1. "Except when there is a line for the ride it does what it's supposed to; queue people up." Except that the line these days is never long enough to come anywhere close to filling the entire queue.
  2. "Wasted space? Huh?" Yes, wasted space. Flight Deck no longer has any use for a queue that long (see point 1), so most of it is just taking up space that would be better used for park expansion.
  3. "SOB was never 'in the way' seeing how it was built after Flightdeck." When SOB was built, Flight Deck/Top Gun probably still had lines long enough to require that long of a queue, meaning that SOB was in fact not in the way at that time. SOB only began to be in the way of park expansion (see point 2) when Flight Deck's line ceased to ever be long enough to fill the queue (see point 1).

Comprende?

• Like 1

"Wasted space? Huh?" Yes, wasted space. Flight Deck no longer has any use for a queue that long (see point 1), so most of it is just taking up space that would be better used for park expansion.

So it doesn't have use for a queue that long...what do you propose? Pick up the station and move it closer? I'll tell you the use....it get's people walking. I've seen numerous people walk back there just for the "hike," seems like a use to me. The people who ride Flight Deck, they use the queue that is that long....seems like a use for me. To say there isn't any use is crazy.

It's taking up space to be better used for park expansion....says you...What does the park say?

• Like 3

"Wasted space? Huh?" Yes, wasted space. Flight Deck no longer has any use for a queue that long (see point 1), so most of it is just taking up space that would be better used for park expansion.

So it doesn't have use for a queue that long...what do you propose? Pick up the station and move it closer? I'll tell you the use....it get's people walking. I've seen numerous people walk back there just for the "hike," seems like a use to me. The people who ride Flight Deck, they use the queue that is that long....seems like a use for me. To say there isn't any use is crazy.

It's taking up space to be better used for park expansion....says you...What does the park say?

You bring up some good points chugh43, I think they're going to remove White Water Canyon because that queue line never is full and it could be used for park expansion.

• Like 7

excuse me for bringing in logic here for just a moment. If the queue line is in the way, then the queue line could be shortened, not a big deal. The queue line is what 5 feet wide? Seperated by a grassy median? If the park wanted to expand that way, dont think the queue line would be in the way.... plus a non filled queue line is not a good reason to destroy an entire ride....

• Like 2

If the walk back to Flight Deck is too long for you to ride the ride, you should probably reevaluate your health lol. Jesus people, it isn't like it's 5 miles.

I personally don't mind the walk back there at all. It's shady, gives a nice view of the ride, and secluded from the rest of the park.

• Like 11

Physical exertion has nothing to do with it. It's the lack of anything to keep us occupied on the way back that is the problem.

It would "do just that" if the line of people waiting to ride was actually still long enough to fill most of the queue. As it is, I would not be surprised if the long walk to get back there turns people off from the idea of riding it. It's also wasted space, particularly now that SOB is out of the way.

Thank you for summing up where we are going wrong with society today and our dependence to keep our minds occupied other than imagination.

People now "need" something to occupy their time for a whole 2 minutes instead of actually using real words to converse with another person.

Even if you are alone, strike up a conversation with another person in line. I have met some fantasic people waiting in line for a ride.

• Like 1

Maybe if they install a Dip n Dots booth at the half way point to FD then those too tired to make the trek back could stop for a snack. Not to mention we could use their "INSIDER" knowledge to let us know whats happening in the park and future explansions.

• Like 3

You fanboys complain about the supposed long walk to Flightdeck yet you walk around a big ass amusement park all day?

I didnt read anybody complain about the walk,Im pretty sure many of us believe something could be added on or off the path to bring more people that direction.I for one,only walk back to ride FD when the park is busy because I know many dont know it even exists or they dont want to walk any further around the big ass amusement park than they already have! I understood exactly what jcgoble is talking about,and if you work for the park then maybe you should listen to us 'fanboys' instead of being a know it all,im pretty sure you wouldnt act like that out from behind your computer at the park,but I wish you would,Jr for Birdy will be there all summer! ;)

Not compared to Top Thrill Dragster or Kingda Ka!

Flight deck is 2,352 long while TTD is 2800 feet. TTD is actually longer than flight deck :)

I never would have thought to compare the two, but that's really interesting that Top Thrill is longer. It sure doesn't feel like it though!
  • Like 2

I didnt read anybody complain about the walk,Im pretty sure many of us believe something could be added on or off the path to bring more people that direction.I for one,only walk back to ride FD when the park is busy because I know many dont know it even exists or they dont want to walk any further around the big ass amusement park than they already have! I understood exactly what jcgoble is talking about,and if you work for the park then maybe you should listen to us 'fanboys' instead of being a know it all,im pretty sure you wouldnt act like that out from behind your computer at the park,but I wish you would,Jr for Birdy will be there all summer! ;)

I agree w/ the first part of this completely. The biggest problems Flight Deck faces are that its generally hidden within the park so you have few opportunities for a visual "hey lets go ride that thing" experience, and there is little to attract to you into the area of the que. You've got (had) the shutdown SOB, the upcharge skyflyer, the unpopular and now removed go-karts, plus the regularly down for maintenance Invertigo & Delirium (which really are not all that close but we'll throw them in there)

There is drop zone and Amazon falls, but neither of those ques takes you directly in the path for Flight Deck. If SOB was operational (and popular) I suspect that ridership on flightdeck would be very high. Its a fun coaster, family friendly and a unique experience in the park. Unfortunatly, its not a coaster that draws you in. As I said you can't see it, and most people in the park have ridden it in the past, so it no longer holds "must ride" status for the casual KI visitor. The Action Zone revamp, could eventually lead to a surge in flight deck popularity.

My 4 year old will be 48" tall this summer, so personally I hope the que remains short so we can get on/off quickly many times this summer.

• Like 4