Cedar Point's Gatekeeper: Your reaction?

McSalsa

If it's implemented as well as it is on Millie and Maverick, I doubt it will affect capacity too much. If it's like Kings Island where it is a walk right into the station with no wait, it could seriously impact the capacity, as on Opening Day I could see people buying Fast Lane just to use it on Gatekeeper most of the day.

^ Which would be a terrible decision if purchasing just for GK.

Purchasing FL can't prevent the opening day blues for new rides as there are often long waits (inexperience by all park entities) with numerous breakdowns.

What should also be considered: opening day at CP is normally very chilly that time of year due to being directly on Lake Erie, which will probably only have a temperature of 55°. The air temperature could be 70° just 10 miles South of the park, and 50° at the park if the wind is coming off the lake.

- Brown- who has been to opening days for Raptor & MF and has learned to stay home & mow the lawn.

• Like 4

Would it draw new customers to the park? Me, probably. I've never been to Cedar Point, and to be honest, the Travel Channel does a good job of advertising the parks, especially Cedar Point. It adds to the list of pros as to why a person would pack ai camper and go to Sandusky. I think it's a great investment, as long as it's reliable.

• Like 1

If it's implemented as well as it is on Millie and Maverick, I doubt it will affect capacity too much. If it's like Kings Island where it is a walk right into the station with no wait, it could seriously impact the capacity, as on Opening Day I could see people buying Fast Lane just to use it on Gatekeeper most of the day.

At Kings Dominion, even "unlimited" Fast Lane only offers two rides on Volcano per day due to the ride's low capacity nature. At Busch Gardens Williamsburg, even the "unlimited" Quick Queue does not include Verbolten (a Quick Queue Unlimited Plus gets you one priority-board on Verbolten). Universal's Express Pass Plus Unlimited still doesn't work on Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit (2009) or Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (2010). In other words, as long as exceptions are spelled out, it's fair and smart to limit for new or low-capacity rides. I think you'll see Cedar Point do that.

I would also suggest that they do what Busch Gardens does: block off one row (or maybe two pairs of seats on one side, for a Wing Rider) for Fast Lane users only. They'll be represented 4-per-train and will experience a shorter wait than others, but will still wait their turn.