Hiring for 2013 start...

Lance Stevenson

As all employees and former employees know, the hiring process starts around the mid to end of December by applying online and interviews start after the first of the year. We usually process around March, as all current and former employees know. As for a negative ding that resulted in a no rehire, usually it is a year from working depending on the nature of the ding. I would still apply as usual when it opens up and go from there. If you don't apply, there is no chance you will be hired.

• Like 1

I would like to know the same about the Lifeguards at SC, when can and do I apply? Any prerequisities?

From what I remember, no. KI does their own training. Of course you need to have a great handling on swimming, treading water, and being bale to lift different types of weights. (One thing that was always interesting (at least when I did it) was you were taught how to subdue and even incapacitate someone in case they are drowning you while trying to save them!)

• Like 1

The lifeguard hiring, if I remember correctly, takes place a little later than the rest of the park, due to the waterpark opening later. It might have changed since 2011, but I was hired on to lifeguard in May.

There are two different levels of lifeguards out in the waterpark: Slide attendants, and lifeguards. Slide attendants are trained in first aid, and take care of the tops of the slides, making sure people go one at at time, ect. Lifeguards go through the classes and are the ones watching water over 2 feet I think it is.

Guest rcfreak339

Kings Island never quits hiring people. It's a large institution that requires thousands of workers...so of course many people come, leave, and then someone fills the spot. It's one giant cycle that is never filled. There is always a position around the park for someone.

That is not entirely accurate. While yes, they are looking for people year round, the vast majority of people get hired on (or their applications kept from) the first hiring push they have at the beginning of the year. I'm pretty sure that there is a point early on in the season when they stop accepting applications all together, but don't quote me on that.

Returner packets are usually sent out in early to mid-December. Starting the first of the year applications for seasonal positions (including lifeguards) are accepted and interviews begin. The HR department will accept seasonal job applications up through the last few weeks of operation in October.

HR accepts resumes all months of the year for any open full time positions.