new giga coaster 2014?

kicsehlhorst

Thats 2 years from Now KI is probably more inluclant about working on whats going on now and probably not even thinking about '14 yet.

Actually I wouldn't be so sure. Theme Parks think years in advance I bet.

I know they do just like with diamond back. They started working on it in 2007

Also the Park's In-House Construction Team...which for Beast, was a very DIFFERENT team that eventually went on and became Dinn Corporation, whom built and re-located a couple of good coasters (even if most of their rides did, in later years, go sour).

The Hurlers, on the other hand, did not go quite so well...sure, they haven't seriously hurt or killed anyone, but those two are not exactly beloved by coaster lovers. Charlie Dinn & Co.>Paramount's Wooden Construction Team.

• Like 1

Thats 2 years from Now KI is probably more inluclant about working on whats going on now and probably not even thinking about '14 yet.

Actually I wouldn't be so sure. Theme Parks think years in advance I bet.

I know they do just like with diamond back. They started working on it in 2007

and some people knew about Diamondback before 2007 its called Planning and Design :)

• Like 1

^^

That may well be true...granted, also when SOB was built, they still went ahead and for some reason used the defective wood instead of getting new, better wood...talk about going cheap-o. That might have been a huge factor in the ride's ultimate failure.

Plus, while there may be a few people at KI who worked on both Beast & Son on of Beast, I'd still assume at a lot of the crew was only on one or the other instead of both...though the old guys probably teach & train the newbies, and the park does an excellent job on upkeep on its other wooden coasters. Was it the sheer size of the ride that doomed it? Poor design? Which brings me to this rumor I heard once...

Son of Beast, when it was being designed, was originally to be built by INTAMIN. It was planned to be over 200' and have a loop, as the "final" version did, but would also be the first ride to debut the pre-fabricated wooden track (instead, Colossos @ Heide Park did) and it was supposed to even have PTC trains! Stengel was the designer. Paramount didn't like the design Stengel made for them, as it had several trim brakes and extra supports that would have made the ride cost too much in their eyes, so they changed it. Intamin and PTC refused to work on this ride if Paramount did not go with Stengel's plans, so they hired RCCO and Premier Rides instead. And then the bad stuff began...

That's just a rumor, but it sounds like one that might be true...not sure though. Does this sound plausible anyone?

^^

Ahh...thank you for that, so it was just a rumor...

Sigh...it's kind of hard to pinpoint exactly where Son of Beast went wrong, isn't it? Design, Construction, It's Sheer Size, both sets of trains...it could have been any of these things, combinations of them, or none of them.

Which is quite disturbing if one is trying to wonder if another 200'+ wooden coaster is possible without topper track or Plug N' Play...and a GOOD wooden coaster too...

If Kings Island was building a roller coaster in 2014, they would already have begun planning.

And you're implying they aren't/haven't already because...?

I think they have started. Probally not to long ago though. After they did DB, the Bomerang Bay remodel planning was after that. I say 2015 is the year.

If Kings Island was building a roller coaster in 2014, they would already have begun planning.

And you're implying they aren't/haven't already because...?

I think they have started. Probally not to long ago though. After they did DB, the Bomerang Bay remodel planning was after that. I say 2015 is the year.

I never said they did start planning or they didn't start planning. What makes you think 2015 is the year?