Magic Mike's Disappearance

homestar92

Maybe I've been seeing the show on the wrong days, but has anyone else noticed that in recent showings of Psycho Circus, the audience interaction part has been removed from the show? I've seen the show 4 times now (first alone, next 3 all when showing someone who hadn't seen it). The last 2 times, there has been no kid volunteer from the audience, no Magic Mike, none of it. Basically a third of the show has been cut. Does anyone who posts here have knowledge from a reliable source as to why this is removed? (Tried to Terp-proof my wording, lol). This was a great part of the show, and I really enjoyed it and felt it added to it's being a family show. Without that segment, I feel it is more adult-oriented than family-oriented now.

I should add that I have never seen the so-called "bra gag" that I've seen mentioned on these forums in the past.

Guest KingsIslandPR

Maybe I've been seeing the show on the wrong days, but has anyone else noticed that in recent showings of Psycho Circus, the audience interaction part has been removed from the show? I've seen the show 4 times now (first alone, next 3 all when showing someone who hadn't seen it). The last 2 times, there has been no kid volunteer from the audience, no Magic Mike, none of it. Basically a third of the show has been cut. Does anyone who posts here have knowledge from a reliable source as to why this is removed? (Tried to Terp-proof my wording, lol). This was a great part of the show, and I really enjoyed it and felt it added to it's being a family show. Without that segment, I feel it is more adult-oriented than family-oriented now.

I should add that I have never seen the so-called "bra gag" that I've seen mentioned on these forums in the past.

I see the show on average every other day including yesterday and volunteer from the audience has been in the show each time. One-third of the show has not been cut.

• Like 3

Well, can't argue with Don... Though it is still weird to me that that part of the show was absent the last two times I saw it. They were both the 6:00 showing (last of the day) so maybe that has something to do wi it. Additionally, the very first time I saw it, I don't remember him inviting guests up for a meet and greet, but that was in June, and it's quite possible that was my own fault not noticing. But the part with the kid was definitely not there my last two times seeing it, and the people I was with can attest to it. Regardless, it doesn't matter. With or without that part, it is still the best show to grace Kings Island in the time I've been going (though American Country and British Invasion are also fantastic!).

And I'll admit, after my first time seeing the show, I've been spending the next three trying desperately to figure out his tricks (I'm a science-y kind of guy, and I hate when I can't figure things out). I've figured out a couple, but stage magic still mystifies me. And before anyone asks, no I don't want to be spoiled, I want to figure it all out myself.

• Like 2

There was a cute little girl when I went to the show. He called her up from the audience, is that Magic Mike? She performed some tricks with his help. It was a great part of the show.

From knowing magicians, I know how the tricks are done. I don't care. I like magic shows, and the different interpretations of the tricks. I like Ed Alonzo's take on them. He doesn't have a huge space in which to work.

Magic Mike, I believe, is the (spoilers for the part of the show with the kid assistant from the audience; if you've seen that section of the show, you're safe opening the spoiler)

microphone that falls over when the kid "misfires" in trying to launch the card out of the deck.

In the top row of buttons above the edit box, click the third one from the left (immediately to the left of the font dropdown). Then select "Spoiler", type the text to be hidden, and hit OK. Or you can just type

[spoiler]text to be hidden[/spoiler]

• Like 1