Route of the Railroad?

TheBEASTunchained

We'll Its been a while since I've posted a new question because, we'll..... The new members have been making quite a few new ones :rolleyes:.

But anyway......

Do you like the route that the train takes at Kings Island? Do you wish it was different? If Kings Island took up all the train tracks and put new ones, Where would you rather that the train took you?

After working on the train crew for a year, I can say that if it wasn't for the water park stop that it makes, ridership would be so far down, it would not be feasible to keep the train in operation. While, as a worker, I wasn't thrilled about working the water park stop (hot, little to no shade, quite honestly some of the most drunk and idiotic guests I've ever had the honor of working around,) the fact remains that the average guest is not interested in just riding around the train. My proof? Ride the train before the water park opens in the morning, and in between 9-10 at night. Most of the time, we ended up just sitting on the train for an hour waiting for people to show up to ride.

• Like 5

After working on the train crew for a year, I can say that if it wasn't for the water park stop that it makes, ridership would be so far down, it would not be feasible to keep the train in operation. While, as a worker, I wasn't thrilled about working the water park stop (hot, little to no shade, quite honestly some of the most drunk and idiotic guests I've ever had the honor of working around,) the fact remains that the average guest is not interested in just riding around the train. My proof? Ride the train before the water park opens in the morning, and in between 9-10 at night. Most of the time, we ended up just sitting on the train for an hour waiting for people to show up to ride.

I remember, before I transfored to Train, I got sent and stood at BB station for 4 hours strait. I hated that station. Also, I've been there when we were sitting around at 8 pm and we didn't have a single rider for the rest of the night.. on a midnight close.

Tom, you're not working there this year are you?

Would both trains be capable of going any farther than they already do? By the train shed in the back and front, I know there's a grade that both trains struggle to get up.

Those locomotives are quite capable of going to Sandusky, provided there are tracks, fuel and water stations and maintenance providers between Losantiville and there. Or, heaven forfend, even if there aren't.

Would both trains be capable of going any farther than they already do? By the train shed in the back and front, I know there's a grade that both trains struggle to get up.

Those locomotives are quite capable of going to Sandusky, provided there are tracks, fuel and water stations and maintenance providers between Losantiville and there. Or, heaven forfend, even if there aren't.

That's what I meant, I have no idea how much water they can carry, all I know is that the blue train #12 is more powerful than it's younger brother.
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

I wouldn't mind if they made a station on the other side of the park! That way it increase ridership and allows people a break of walking!

I'm so confused, are you kidding, or what? There are two stations...one in Soak City, & one in Kings Island, in Rivertown... http://www.KICentral.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/huh.png