Haunt Operation Hours for 2012

TombRaiderFTW

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I just noticed that the hours for Haunt have changed for this year.

Check the hours page on visitkingsisland.com: http://www.visitkingsisland.com/hours-directions/kings-island

All Haunt Fridays are now 6pm-1am. Saturday, September 22nd is now 7pm-1am, the previous schedule for Fridays. All the other Haunt Saturdays are 11am-1am.

Thought I'd pass it on, as I imagine someone else here is likely as excited as I that there's now an extra hour of Haunting on Fridays! :)

I was thinking they had changed, per my comment in the KICdayHaunt thread. Perhaps the additional hour on Fridays is to (almost) make up for the lost hours on the first Saturday. Employees (and season pass holders) wouldn't appreciate a sudden reduction in the number of public operating hours.

Never thought I would be ready for Haunt, but I am. I love the atmosphere and the colder weather will be a nice change. I am kind of dissapointed they close down on the 28th of October instead of maybe extending the season into the first weekend of November.

If they did extend the Haunt into the first weekend of November, they can feature Frosty's evil twin, the snow-man from hell! :)

I think his name is Ashy. Or Sooty. Or Fiery, or Devily, Or Evily, or Deathy, or Ytsorf, or..

I'll go with Ytsorf. Now how do you pronounce that?

I am so ready for Haunt.

So am I. And my evil alter-ego... :ph34r:

If they did extend the Haunt into the first weekend of November, they can feature Frosty's evil twin, the snow-man from hell! :)

I think his name is Ashy. Or Sooty. Or Fiery, or Devily, Or Evily, or Deathy, or Ytsorf, or..

We can always ask rotag. He's a backwards kind of guy. ;)

• Like 2

I noticed on Visit Kings Island, and the park's operating hours for October 20th and 27th (Saturdays) Is 11:00am to 1 am (14 total hours?) WOW!!

Is this correct? I have never been to KI during the "Haunt" event, and I have always wanted to go. My goal is to ride The Beast around closing time at 1:00 am. I am sure this is awesome. Any tips for the Haloween experience at Kings Island??

I noticed on Visit Kings Island, and the park's operating hours for October 20th and 27th (Saturdays) Is 11:00am to 1 am (14 total hours?) WOW!!

Is this correct? I have never been to KI during the "Haunt" event, and I have always wanted to go. My goal is to ride The Beast around closing time at 1:00 am. I am sure this is awesome. Any tips for the Haloween experience at Kings Island??

Going in the first couple of weeks will help you crowd wise. It gets more and more crowded as the weeks go on. That being said I recommend going the second or third week so that we scareactors have a groove going on our scaring techniques lol. Also plan on what Haunts/Rides you want to go through/on. I would go through some indoor haunts first to avoid the crowds and then start on whatever rides you want to go on. Obviously ride lines will be shorter than usual because of people going through the houses. Hope I helped ya out some.

• Like 2

Uh the park is open 11am till 1am on more then just two Saturday's the fall. The park is open from 11am till 1am on the following dates 9/29, 10/6, 10/13, 10/20, and 10/27.

someone may have answered, but "Haunt" doesn't start until 7pm. it may be open at 11am, but the Haunt attractions don't "hatchet" up until evening; kids area closes at 6 to clear the kids out.

So, do all or most rides operate, or do they have limited rides open? Sorry, I have never attended "Haunt"

They way I understand rides/kids themed Haunt open @ 11 a.m. and go onto 6, then clear out the kids for the "real" haunt attractions and start @ 7pm?

So, rides operate during the entire time or what goes on, I would love to know. Thanks guys

I am so ready for Haunt.

So am I. And my evil alter-ego... :ph34r:

We can always ask rotag. He's a backwards kind of guy. ;)

treat the "Y" as though it were silent (ex: "K"now), the "ts" is like it would be in the word knot"ts", then just slap on an "orf".

hope this helps.

• Like 5

We found that by going on both a Friday, and a Saturday, we can do all the rides one visit and all the Haunts the next.

(I'm still trying to get my niece to go through the meat market, even though I'm an object of ridicule by being scared in the meat market.)

I like getting some indoor haunts done before the sun goes down, just because it's light out doesn't mean that it's not bugged out inside.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In previous years (meaning since 2008), the guests were usually allowed through the turnstiles onto IS at the time of opening, and no sooner. The Wall of Monsters rushed the crowds waiting in front of the metal detectors, the crowds filed through the metal detectors, and the evening was officially started.

How that will work without the detectors remains to be seen. In the past, the Wall of Monsters started by flinging open the garage door-like doors on the front gate, but I wonder if, assuming the crowds are allowed to near the doors, that is considered a safety hazard.

Also, it's just hit me that I'll be seeing that whole thing again on Friday. Man, I can't wait.

• Like 2