Eiffel Tower

Xx2cansamxX

Do you think since the Eiffel Tower is something KI takes a lot of pride in, that they will build a roller coaster taller than it? I mean DZ is pushin the limit, but they could have easily made it a lot taller, but they kept it under a few feet of the Eiffel Towers height. Do you think KI would hesitate to put in a giga or a strata?

There could be ways around this, such as building a coaster making use of the valleys on the SOB side of the park, or back behind the park in The Beast woods, if you've ever walked down there, as I have many times, you know they could well fit a 300+ foot drop in there without "technically" being higher than the tower. I only hope they would do this, as Millenium Force is still one of my favorite rides. With all the trouble Intamin's had (the bad press, actually) I doubt if that's an option at this point, though.

I honestly don't think they would in my opinion, the ET is the most unique attraction at PKI, and obviously no other park has one in the world (besides PKD) and no park has a landmark like that. They could build something a little shorter like i mentioned in another topic like 250 feet or so, but i doubt they'll go taller.

Quite honestly, I have no idea why they wouldn't build over the tower... they had no qualms about DZ, which is very close to, if not taller then. (no need to reopen that debate) It changes the skyline, which isn't always a bad thing... and say its only what, 350 feet, and they build it in an obscure corner of the park, ie behind racer, then you can't really tell from the parking lot, and so it doesn't take away from the allure of the tower. I don't think it's that big a deal in the first place, i mean, yeah, the tower is the centerpiece of the park, but it doesn't bring in any money... A 350-400 foot coaster would.