The Most Ridiculous Thing a Ride Operator has told you.

Original

I waited in the kids section with my sister and my niece on an extremely busy bring a friend day. We waited hours and I was told that I couldn't ride by myself, and that I had to have a child. I didn't argue, but as I was walking away the ride operator told me to "borrow a kid."

• Like 5

I waited in the kids section with my sister and my niece on an extremely busy bring a friend day. We waited hours and I was told that I couldn't ride by myself, and that I had to have a child. I didn't argue, but as I was walking away the ride operator told me to "borrow a kid."

I'm glad someone brought this up, because sometimes I have the strongest desire to hop onto a kiddy ride. I guess now I'll have to carry a sign that says, "I'll ride with your child if you can't fit."

• 2 months later...

Speaking of Six Flags, I was at SFGadv and got on El Toro, well the ride attendant ended up stapling me mid-buckle of my seat belt, once I got it buckled, it was at a weird angle where the gold release buttons in the picture below were literally jammed in my stomach. I asked the attendant to release my restraint so I could fix the seat belt because it was giving me pain. When I asked, they said we can't release it you'll have to ride like that. Literally received the worst ride on El Toro, I couldn't enjoy it because I was so uncomfortable and ended up having a bit of a cut on my stomach where the button was.
100_8979__medium_.jpg
(TPR)

• Like 1

A whole bunch of kids were shaking the gates in line for Vortex. The op said stop. They kept going. The op said "If you don't stop, something strange yet mystical will happen to you!" They stopped! Lol :)

• Like 5

I had an incident on Firehawk once a few years back in which the line extended past the main entrance. When I reached that point, in full view of a ride associate no less, we witnessed a woman cutting in the line, yet they didn't stop her. I then asked why they didn't do anything and they actually defended the woman, even though I asked about the park's line jumping policy which I had a map in hand too which told of the policy. The associate then threatened to call security on me (he also called up 2 more employees working Firehawk at the time), which I then just gave up as I was in a lose-lose situation. I got angry enough to get out of line right then and there and went to Guest Services to file my complaint, which when I got back to the Firehawk queue, the associate in question was pulled away by an area manager.

I realize they can't catch them all, but really, not stopping it as it's happening?

• Like 4

Now that's funny.

Did you also say:

Welcome Back Griffon Riders, How was your ride?

I've always had visions of that being asked (with the typical insincerity and uninterest) when one or more riders either has passed away or been grievously injured. Oh what fun a trial lawyer could and would have with that.

Terp, who much preferred the Paramount Parks near silent ride ops style...I'm there to ride, not be constantly annoyed by some loud mouth teen. Even worse? Miked game hawkers.

• Like 4

Yeah, our area ride ops, for the most part, stay silent. The only reason I was talking on the mic was because we were having a lot of loose articles blocking our light curtain. After I did the spiel for loose articles, the train came in so I just continued with the "welcome back" spiel. I haven't touched the mic since. :)

• Like 2

I asked a ride operator why does Kings Island not have any big world breaking coasters like what Cedar Point has and why does Cedar Fair not do a bigger Halloween Haunt event like what Universal Studios does and he told me that it's because Cedar Fair is cheap and they hate spending money, as for the Haunt it was that it would make our Haunt fun and that's not what they go for. Does sound like Cedar Fair at all?

• Like 1

I asked a ride operator why does Kings Island not have any big world breaking coasters like what Cedar Point has and why does Cedar Fair not do a bigger Halloween Haunt event like what Universal Studios does and he told me that it's because Cedar Fair is cheap and they hate spending money, as for the Haunt it was that it would make our Haunt fun and that's not what they go for. Does sound like Cedar Fair at all?

What ride was he working?

Oh forgot this one...

Opening procedures for Corkscrew, you clear the track to make sure noone is in the ride area (Kings Island's coasters have mating calls). We use our loud as hell speaker on top of the lift/other locations. I worked TTD the day before, this was the outcome

"Please clear the Corkscrew track, trains will be launching, please clear the corkscrew track trains will be launching."

Guests there for ERT heard this...were very startled thinking the ride was changed :P

• Like 5

why does Kings Island not have any big world breaking coasters like what Cedar Point has

Cedar Point does not have any world breaking coasters. Hopefully no one does. I shudder to think what would happen to this planet if a coaster broke it. :P

• Like 9