The Most Ridiculous Thing a Ride Operator has told you.

Original

I asked a ride operator why does Kings Island not have any big world breaking coasters like what Cedar Point has and why does Cedar Fair not do a bigger Halloween Haunt event like what Universal Studios does and he told me that it's because Cedar Fair is cheap and they hate spending money, as for the Haunt it was that it would make our Haunt fun and that's not what they go for. Does sound like Cedar Fair at all?

I hope you're being sarcastic about record breaking, because KI is full of them!

We do. Diamondback is the tallest roller coaster in the park. The Beast is the longest wooden roller coaster in the world. Vortex had the most inversions when it opened. Drop Tower is the world's tallest gyro-drop.

You were saying?

• Like 4

Woodstock Express is the most Southern wooden roller coaster in Ohio.

Not even close. Tornado at Stricker's Grove is the most southern in Ohio by a thin margin over Teddy Bear. The most southern point of The Beast is three miles north of Tornado's latitude. The Racer is fourth, with the Red Racer's turnaround about 1/4 mile north of The Beast's southermost point. Woodstock Express is fifth, another quarter mile north of that. :)

(All distances quoted have a 10% margin of error.)

• Like 4

Yeah, a straight line drawn from the front gate through the center of the fountains and Eiffel Tower toward the back of the park goes off to the southeast, not due east as even I often think when I'm at the park, so points at the back of the park are significantly further south then points at the front of the park. Woodstock Express is all the way up at the front (northwest) of the park, while Racer stretches all the way to the back (southeast). The Racer's station is actually slightly north of that of WE, but we're talking southernmost points, and The Racer has its station at its northernmost end and stretches far beyond WE's small, compact layout.

• Like 2

To Adventuro, I meant like the tallest, fastest or longest coasters like Gatekeeper, Raptor, Mantis, Maverick, Magnum XL 200, or Millenium Force. It would be nice for us to have those coasters here.

Maverick never held any records except to pad CP's coaster count record at the time. The ride never held any of the records you're bringing up.

• Like 2

To Adventuro, I meant like the tallest, fastest or longest coasters like Gatekeeper, Raptor, Mantis, Maverick, Magnum XL 200, or Millenium Force. It would be nice for us to have those coasters here.

Maverick never held any records except to pad CP's coaster count record at the time. The ride never held any of the records you're bringing up.

You mean the first "Horseshoe Roll" isn't a record? :)

Once, a ride op tried to convince me The Racer was the oldest ride in the park. Yeah, no.

If I'm not mistaken, it's not even the oldest coaster in the park as Woodstock Express opened the same year, albeit under the name Scooby Doo.

• Like 1

The Racer Opened a Kings Island in 1972 unless Woodstock Express was in another park before KI it is not older

It comes to me now that The Racer might have been in another park before Kings Island in 1972.I might be wrong though.

Shooting Star was demolished at Coney Island in 1971. Taft Broadcasting, talked John Allen out of retirement to build a roller coaster that'd be just as popular as the Shooting Star, which resulted in The Racer.

There isn't a "racer boy" who died on or around Racer.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll never forget (circa 94) when the Eiffel Tower elevator operator told me that they were going to build a huge wooden coaster back by Top Gun. They didn't have any details as to name, height, etc., so naturally at the time I thought it sounded ridiculous. It ended up being true when Son of Beast was announced in 1999. That was the one and only time I can recall a KI employee giving me accurate info. regarding a future coaster being built at the park. What was even more interesting is KI must have been planning this at least 5 yrs. in advance.