The Most Ridiculous Thing a Ride Operator has told you.

Original

After this, because of this?

Coincidence.

No ride op is in on five year plans.

None.

Except maybe Bart Kinzel.

None huh? That's a big time coincidence. Maybe it was just someone high up in the Paramount food chain operating some rides that day.

I had an annoying bit with The Beast crew a few weeks ago, particularly the guy on the mic during a night excursion. The guy did this whole 300-esque 'this is Sparta' rant the entire time up to when they shut down the ride for the fireworks (which I got on the last train prior). He had to have been going on a good 40 minutes. :blink: Not only was it annoying as all get out, but he was REALLY holding the crew back in making decent dispatches. I think I timed it once that they held a train in the station a full 2 minutes. That night, they even had all 3 trains stacked up at one point, which was insane.

Other than that though, The Beast crew has been really great this year. That single bit though...grrrrr. :angry:

• Like 1

I had an annoying bit with The Beast crew a few weeks ago, particularly the guy on the mic during a night excursion. The guy did this whole 300-esque 'this is Sparta' rant the entire time up to when they shut down the ride for the fireworks (which I got on the last train prior). He had to have been going on a good 40 minutes. :blink: Not only was it annoying as all get out, but he was REALLY holding the crew back in making decent dispatches. I think I timed it once that they held a train in the station a full 2 minutes. That night, they even had all 3 trains stacked up at one point, which was insane.

Other than that though, The Beast crew has been really great this year. That single bit though...grrrrr. :angry:

haha I was in line for The Beast during the fireworks another night and The Beast crew was doing a sort of singing competition and they were all singing in the mic and everyone was dancing it was like a dance party. except the singing sucked.

Monday at Cedar Point, while waiting for the front row of Maverick, the ride host on the mic was so incredibly loud and I noticed he was pulling the mic closer to his mouth. He was screaming into the mic plus doing the pulling in. Was not a fan, made me have a headache. It was hard to even understand what he was saying. Had several people around us comment about how they couldn't hear what he was saying. One guest got off right before we boarded and said, oh my gosh he's still talking? We could hear him in the tunnel launch!

• Like 4

Cedar Point a couple months ago. Gatekeeper was shut down due to wind and had a line of legendary size.

My girlfriend and I were in line for Troika. The ride op was a young man with a dry, monotone voice.

Ride Op: "You're riding... The Troika.......... The Troika.... is awesome... Riders, let me hear you scream..."

Everyone screams.

Ride Op: "You win... Everybody is a winner on The Troika.......... People in line for Gatekeeper, let me hear you scream."

People in line for Gatekeeper scream.

Ride Op: "You lose.......... You're going to be there all day long.......... You should have rode... The Troika."

• Like 28

I was riding Flight Deck earlier this Summer when I hear the ride op say, "Enjoy your ride on the world's tallest gyro drop."

I don't know if he was making an attempt at humor or just got his shifts mixed up. Probably the latter.

• Like 4

Cedar Point a couple months ago. Gatekeeper was shut down due to wind and had a line of legendary size.

My girlfriend and I were in line for Troika. The ride op was a young man with a dry, monotone voice.

Ride Op: "You're riding... The Troika.......... The Troika.... is awesome... Riders, let me hear you scream..."

Everyone screams.

Ride Op: "You win... Everybody is a winner on The Troika.......... People in line for Gatekeeper, let me hear you scream."

People in line for Gatekeeper scream.

Ride Op: "You lose.......... You're going to be there all day long.......... You should have rode... The Troika."

This......

That made my whole night. ROFL

• Like 3

The poor girl sitting at the entrance of FOF was asked at least three times in a minute how long was the wait for FOF. Each time she cheerfully answered: "Forty-five minutes to an hour.... just like is says on the sign."

That's because guests are busy on their smartphones and not paying attention and fail to read the signs.

• Like 3

I was there that night and I remember him doing that. It got old quick, but i thought at least he was trying. Beats the chant they always do on Diamondback. "Diamond ____?" "Diamond____?"

I wonder what ridiculous things ride ops say at the water park? BB1, who knows there has to be something.

At the Beach, they don't really talk at all.

I did hear of a funny incident at Cedar Point, involving a "The Emperor's New Groove" reference. ("WRONG LEVER!")

• Like 1

When I was at the park last week, the ride op at Zephyr kept calling it by names of other rides in Coney ("welcome to the scrambler", "enjoy your ride here on the Dodgem" and ending with "I hope you enjoyed your ride here on the Firehawk"). He followed that up with "Enjoy the rest of your day here at Cedar Point - America's rockin roller coast!". I didn't see other guests' reactions, but I thought it was funny.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 4

Well, as I posted a wavepool ago, this is how I came to KIC. A few years ago I was marathoning on The Beast on ERT in the fall, in the last ride that I rode, a ride op asked me a question. " Are you (With my recollection he said this, but how can I look like him? I have no clue ladies and gents) Beastfan11 on KICentral?" I asked what and he repeated such, I said no, but this brung me to KIC to look, then came to a few years later. That ladies and gents, is the most ridiculous thing a ride op told me.

A special note to you, thanks for showing me such a site. It has helped me in many ways and it really has been a pleasure posting and sharing things on this great site with you all.

Aw sweet. I just saw this. I'm famous!

• Like 3

While in line for Flight Deck, we were up next to get on and this woman and her husband were locked into their seats. The woman looked rather frightened. When one of the crew passed, she said "Excuse me, does this ride go upside down." The crew member said "Yes, seven times" and went on. She looked ready to pass out and her husband was laughing hysterically as they started up the hill. We never found out how that ride ended for her.

• Like 10

One of my friends had the ride ops double and sometimes triple check her restraints. Finally on The Beast she asked the ride op if he was sure the restraint was locked. The guy said nope and they dispatched the train as we were leaving the station he said hold on and pray. It was great

• Like 2

One of my friends had the ride ops double and sometimes triple check her restraints. Finally on The Beast she asked the ride op if he was sure the restraint was locked. The guy said nope and they dispatched the train as we were leaving the station he said hold on and pray. It was great

I love it when people freak out on the ride!! I feed off it lol

• Like 2

I'll never forget (circa 94) when the Eiffel Tower elevator operator told me that they were going to build a huge wooden coaster back by Top Gun. They didn't have any details as to name, height, etc., so naturally at the time I thought it sounded ridiculous. It ended up being true when Son of Beast was announced in 1999. That was the one and only time I can recall a KI employee giving me accurate info. regarding a future coaster being built at the park. What was even more interesting is KI must have been planning this at least 5 yrs. in advance.

I would guess that in the 90's or Pre-internet, the ride ops wasnt scared to release info like that.

The ride op for flight deck was being funny.

"That all clear means you guys are flying out of here at 55 mph! And my Toyota Camry goes 60 mph. So that's not that fast. (Awkward science) Get it? I made a joke about my car! It's in the parking lot. It's supposed to be funny. "

That all clear means you're flying on out of here. Well you're not really flying because that wouldn't be safe. Only safe for superman!

That all clear means you're...(tssss) well now you're stopped. I don't know why. (5 mins later) once again you're flying on out of here so enjoy you're ride on flight deck which is 50% coaster and 50% swing!

• Like 6