The Most Ridiculous Thing a Ride Operator has told you.

Original

Two years ago I rode Diamondbacks first ride of the day, so it was morning time, and there were only a couple of people riding, so after the ride we were back at the station and the operator said "Ok everybody how was that ride?" Nobody said anything,(probably because it was still morning and everybody wasn't fully awake yet!) then the ride operator said "Wow it feel like you all just got off the Adventure Express!"

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

I don't recall the exact wordage, but the ride op's on The Racer said something along the lines of "This is the only ride where you'll hear music older than the actual ride...The Racer".  Which makes sense because I noticed they play mostly classic rock in that line when you get close (not the FunTV but the station itself) as opposed to the usual new pop stuff you all across the park. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

for me it was the very first time i was ever at the park many years ago....i asked a ride operator where the nearest restroom was........he said NOTHING...just shrugged his shoulders......i have a feeling he was asked to probably find employment elsewhere shortly after that if his public attitude didnt change.

• Like 2

Back around 2010 or 2011, I was in line for Firehawk which was sticking out the entrance, but not all the switchbacks were being used, and a lady went by and cut through a very large portion of the line, right by 2 ride ops manning the entry.  I tried to stop the lady only to be met with a defensive stance by the ride ops, backing her as she was going to meet up with a group.  I told them the rule that there aren't exceptions including pointing it out in the rules list on the park map, and they continued to scoff at me.  I then left the line, went to GR, told them about it, and by the time I got back, both of the ride ops were nowhere to be found.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Why do you hate it? They'd say it every time when I rode the train last season and it made people laugh.  

Same arguments that myself and many others made last year. Goes with speiling. There is a level of professionalism that goes with the job. Yes that's funny they made a reference to a coaster that cost a bunch of money, sent people to the hospital, and made a joke out of it. I hope no one who was injured or a family member of the injured heard the jokes......

Also to the typical guest, name rides are confusing. If someone hears them call it SoB and then looks it up and finds out it's not the right name, guess who loses credibility? The park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, shark6495 said:

Same arguments that myself and many others made last year. Goes with speiling. There is a level of professionalism that goes with the job. Yes that's funny they made a reference to a coaster that cost a bunch of money, sent people to the hospital, and made a joke out of it. I hope no one who was injured or a family member of the injured heard the jokes.....

Do people get triggered or offended when they see the Son of Beast memorial while waiting in line for Banshee? Or when the park put a baby carriage by The Beast during Haunt? I agree that there has to be a certain level of professionalism but it's not bad for the park to make fun of themselves every once and a while. Cedar Point even made fun of the fact at how painful Mean Streak was.

• Like 6

On 4/12/2017 at 1:34 PM, shark6495 said:

F

Same arguments that myself and many others made last year. Goes with speiling. There is a level of professionalism that goes with the job. Yes that's funny they made a reference to a coaster that cost a bunch of money, sent people to the hospital, and made a joke out of it. I hope no one who was injured or a family member of the injured heard the jokes......

Also to the typical guest, name rides are confusing. If someone hears them call it SoB and then looks it up and finds out it's not the right name, guess who loses credibility? The park.

For pete sake. No fun allowed at the park. Only professionalism. 

• Like 2

As compared to Busch, Disney, and Universal? I missed where they purposely call rides the wrong names.... Also at those 3, they have bigger crowds and yet find a way to have quick service at their restaurants.....

They are professional and have fun.... it's a juvenile mindset that to have fun we must all fall to the lowest common denominator.....

• Like 2

Want disney? Go to disney. Nobody said that everybody has to fall to any denominator. Its also a pretty odd mindset to think we all have to rise to the highest common denominator to enjoy a day at the park. I think part of professionalism can be humor and making people laugh. While I found that particular joke cheesy, I don't see the need to be offended or mad about it. Also, not sure what a ride op on the train has to do with food service..

• Like 3

I almost forgot how much fun this place was..... look there Is nothing wrong for expecting the best.... if you just want to fight then i can do it. But just cause you point out a flaw doesn't mean you hate something.

This park is the park I grew up with. For many of us we remember when Kings Island was a top park. They did the little things right that made it a top spot. You didn't have to "go to Disney" to get the good service.

You're "go to Disney" comment rings hollow. A park isn't defined by how many rides it has, it's defined by the memories it makes.

As an aside I do go to Disney. Probably every other year on average. Why should I expect top tier service to end there? You don't walk into an Outback and say "well if you wanted good service you should have gone to Jeff Ruby's".... first day or last day people expect the employees to be professional. To be courteous. To be knowledgeable.

Making up stats on a coaster, changing the names, singing on a mic... these may all seem fun to the young teenagers but to most adults. It's not. It's annoying. It's brutal. It's not professional. If you have to engage in infantile jokes to have fun then that person needs to mature.....

• Like 7

Last year when college just got out, I went up to the park on a Friday for about two hours. The whole park was dead so everything was a walk on. I rode Backlot and my train got stuck on the transfer track; there was an error with the computer preventing the first train to launch. The ride attendants were extremely nice and got me a water as we talked. I asked them what they thought was going on in Rivertown and they both replied GCI and they immediately began to talk about Gold Striker and Prowler. It's awesome to meet ride attendants that know a lot about the industry. And no they weren't KICers, because I asked!

• Like 9

On 4/13/2017 at 8:28 AM, shark6495 said:

As compared to Busch, Disney, and Universal? I missed where they purposely call rides the wrong names.... Also at those 3, they have bigger crowds and yet find a way to have quick service at their restaurants.....

They are professional and have fun.... it's a juvenile mindset that to have fun we must all fall to the lowest common denominator.....

You have clearly never ridden the Jungle Cruise. 

• Like 1

You have clearly never ridden the Jungle Cruise. 

And you pick the one ride that purposely has a script done that way. Wasn't Jungle Cruise also the same ride that changed the script after the gator accident?

And hey maybe I'm way off base or being the cranky old man.... but I think the original thing I replied to was the train spieler Mia among MT for SoB.... but I was also remembering previous things hat have been said in here from the crews of The Bat, The Beast, the screamers, the ones hat make up fake state etc.....

Don't mistake my professional line for not being fun. There was a great spieler on TTD who was professional and entertaining. He didn't have to make up stats or do silly screaming stuff to energize the crowd.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2017 at 5:20 PM, shark6495 said:

And you pick the one ride that purposely has a script done that way. Wasn't Jungle Cruise also the same ride that changed the script after the gator accident?

And hey maybe I'm way off base or being the cranky old man.... but I think the original thing I replied to was the train spieler Mia among MT for SoB.... but I was also remembering previous things hat have been said in here from the crews of The Bat, The Beast, the screamers, the ones hat make up fake state etc.....

Don't mistake my professional line for not being fun. There was a great spieler on TTD who was professional and entertaining. He didn't have to make up stats or do silly screaming stuff to energize the crowd.

-

It's not even a being mad thing. It's annoying and just comes off unprofessional. And it's not just the train guy. It's the same thing when The Bat guy calls it Top Gun...... nothing more just an annoyance. What set me off is some yahoo in another thread telling me if I want things to work well to Just go to Disney.... sorry. Should have had a snickers and stayed away longer.... back to the shadows for me!

• Like 1

On April 19, 2017 at 8:30 PM, shark6495 said:

It's not even a being mad thing. It's annoying and just comes off unprofessional. And it's not just the train guy. It's the same thing when The Bat guy calls it Top Gun...... nothing more just an annoyance. What set me off is some yahoo in another thread telling me if I want things to work well to Just go to Disney.... sorry. Should have had a snickers and stayed away longer.... back to the shadows for me!

Please don't take this the wrong way, but it seems like you get mad way too easily. It's important to have standards but it's just as important to know when to chill.