Next ride removed

RyGuy

From what I heard, and I'm not saying it's correct, just that this is the word going around the rides/ecology offices, is that they're filling in the pond in front of the Tiques cars, relocating the cars, and possibly taking out that bathroom in order to build a steel coaster. It would provide alot of room, but that's one of the very few remaining links to the good old days of the park, plus it's pretty to look at. But I guess it just looks like dead space to some people

Althought it is a quite interesting twist on the Antique Cars going bye-bye rumor, I wouldn't count on it happening for 2005. I'm sticking to my opinion that there will be no coaster for next year. As for another world-class non-coaster ride, I'll buy this. King's Island already has the two best flats in the WORLD. Why not add another to their dynamite line-up? Another Huss Flat? I'll believe that!

Unfortunatly we may have to believe it.... it just dont look like the pieces are coming together for a coaster... constuction hasnt even been started yet, anywhere, no signs of anything. And flats do take less time to make than coasters, I would think

I said something along the lines of that a few weeks ago - if the park is going to build a coaster for 2005, they 1) Would have started already or 2) Would have to break ground soon and REALLY push construction through the winter. A flat does seem like the logical route to take. I wouldn't be suprised at all if the park build a Huss Giant ride right where Eurobungee used to be. Traffic doesn't seem to be congested there.

This is confusing to me. I can understand that wooden coasters may take more time to construct becuase they use a much more intricate structure. I can also believe that a steel coaster can go up more quickly (under certain conditions - size is the biggest control variable). However, if you say that footers would probably have to be done now, wouldn't land for the coaster have to be at least started to be prepped by now?

It seems like two years ago, when I went to CP, it was around August that footers were placed for TTD. I could be wrong. And, if the clearing over by FOF and SOB is any indication, then the land prep is already done. But, I could be way off in left field on this one.

Unless it would be a new wooden coaster, construction would not have to be started yet. About the only thing they would need to do now would be footers. Steel coasters go up pretty fast. So, don't count out the coaster yet.

Exactly. At my home park (Six Flags Great America),land prep work for Raging Bull started in late August of 1998. Footers were poured in late Sept./Early October. The lift structure was started inbetween Thanksgiving and Christmas, with all of the supports/trackwork completed by the middle of February. Heck, the footers for our Superman Ultimate Flight weren't poured until December! blink.gif

If Kings Island builds a coaster for 2005, I wouldn't expect to see footers until sometime in Sept. Remember people, it is only July! The only reason a coaster would be started this early would be if it were going to be absolutely massive, or if it would be *extensively* themed(not unlikely). smile.gif

According to Cedar Point's web site, Top Thrill Dragster's excavation began very early April and the footers were also being formed in April. In September, the first steel part of the coaster was installed. Therefore, I suppose a steel coaster certainly isn't out of the question, however if that is what the park is installing for 2005, we should see at least some work being done on it come August.

I'm still holding my money out for either an International Street revamp (not very likely) or the Huss flat that we're apparently getting. It's just time, now.

If PKI gets a coaster, it will be, at least partly indoors. If a park builds a building for a ride, they need to start construction during the season. Want for your coaster in 2006. Next year is another flat. Keep your eye near Octoberfest, CM or AZ.