My Funperks Account Complaint

Joncars05

Markr - instant rewards will sometimes print out when you make a purchase and you don't have to do anything except redeem them and they don't count against the perks you earn on-line to print and redeem.

Advancing to the next level gives you additional perks. Like when I got to a certain point (about the 85%) I got the ability to bring a friend for $10, free popcorn, free cotton candy, free ride on thunder alley. When I went to level 2, I got to choose a second one of the level 1 perks and 2 level 2 perks. As I have advanced through level 2, (again around the 85%) I have gotten more rewards to select from, and the ability to select a second reward from level 2 rewards.

I have not advanced to level 3, but I think after my next visit and popcorn and cotton candy refill I will advance or be really, really, really close. No clue what the level 3 perks are or level 4, as I don't think anyone has really posted a list of them. Interest in things kind of died out around mid June.

Jonscars - I can completely understand your frustration at not getting a clean answer, and recognize that you thought this would have leveled you up, so by not doing so, heightens the frustration. That said, GR did try to work with you to resolve your concern (essentially gave you another perk). Maybe it's time to accept it and move on - after all, you didn't spend the $270 yourself and it's possible that the coding in the system has "skipped" this $270 for many reasons (a few Possibilities I can think of):

- there is a limit to how many FL purchases can be credited to one account on one day

- there is a restriction on gaining credit and using the 50% simultaneously

- there is a discrepancy in understanding between the programmer and the writer of the FAQ's and they are not supposed to count or they are but currently don't

I personally think My family had a recent days worth of purchases missed (from general watching my % grow), but this happened because my wife used my card on a day I wasn't at the park (not realizing all cards are active). This would have given me purchases without a visit which could have been "rejected". I guess I could try and follow up, but am not sure it is worth it at this point.

One final thought - while maybe in a perfect world it should be unrelated, do you think guest services is going to go the extra mile for someone who was banned from the KI Facebook page, then asked about being re-allowed on it on KIC, before claiming he didn't really care, and showing no sign of remorse, as you did here recently? The reality of your prior actions may reflect on the context your current actions are viewed with.

• Like 5

Jonscars - I can completely understand your frustration at not getting a clean answer, and recognize that you thought this would have leveled you up, so by not doing so, heightens the frustration. That said, GR did try to work with you to resolve your concern (essentially gave you another perk). Maybe it's time to accept it and move on - after all, you didn't spend the $270 yourself and it's possible that the coding in the system has "skipped" this $270 for many reasons (a few Possibilities I can think of):

- there is a limit to how many FL purchases can be credited to one account on one day

- there is a restriction on gaining credit and using the 50% simultaneously

- there is a discrepancy in understanding between the programmer and the writer of the FAQ's and they are not supposed to count or they are but currently don't

I personally think My family had a recent days worth of purchases missed (from general watching my % grow), but this happened because my wife used my card on a day I wasn't at the park (not realizing all cards are active). This would have given me purchases without a visit which could have been "rejected". I guess I could try and follow up, but am not sure it is worth it at this point.

One final thought - while maybe in a perfect world it should be unrelated, do you think guest services is going to go the extra mile for someone who was banned from the KI Facebook page, then asked about being re-allowed on it on KIC, before claiming he didn't really care, and showing no sign of remorse, as you did here recently? The reality of your prior actions may reflect on the context your current actions are viewed with.

First off, the FB thing is completely unrealated I have a different name on facebook the the one attached to my funperks account, as I do not use my real name on FB. I doubt anyone in Guest Services even uses that FB account. Also I highly doubt a company no matter how much they disagree with a patron would EVER not take their money or do something that would make that person not come back to their park and spend their money in the park. With KI its all about the money, hence the big smoking area debate on the other thread, a 8 year old being designated as an adult, the whole funperks program is designed to milk money from season pass holders who usually wouldn't spend money in the park without incentives... I am 10,000% sure that has absolutely nothing to do with this situation. So thats out the window.

Secondly, I didn't use my 50% off coupon for the FL passes. So that is off as well.

Thirdly, even if they only counted what my exact card spent on the FL passes (which hasn't happened before because I have split bills for food and gifts in the park without an issue) I still spent $90 and my account didn't budge. But it did move for the smaller purchases and it did move on the next Sunday when I spent money in the park as well. SO that is where my main question/concern went. why did it move for smaller purchases and not for my large purchase...

But I will agree with you and I actually mentioned it in my post that I will give up on ever finding out an answer as to what happened with my account. That is apparently what the park services wants and how Kings Island itself treats their customers. They just gave me a cookie cutter answer instead of answering what I wanted to know. They transferred me 3 times. Then the guy tried to argue with me when I was explaining why I was frustrated. He was upset because he couldn't give me an answer and refused to transfer my phone call to someone who knew what they were talking about (even though I requested it 3 times during our convo). Yes I did get a 50%FL pass which is nice (because they could have given me nothing) but in theory that makes the park get at least $105 back on my next visit because I buy a FL at $35 and my fiance would have to buy a full priced on at $70. That is why I think the offer i received for the trouble i went through doesn't equate and that KI is run by a bunch of greedy people that care about money and not your experience in the park.

Wow, if you have gotten banned from the FB page, you must have done something horrible...

Yeah I said they wasted money on SOB and Crypt... they deleted that post so then I said they could of had 4 awesome ride for the money they wasted and they banned me from writing on their wall... :rolleyes:

@Markr I went to the Funperks booth both days. The people managing the booth both days were seasonal employees that had no idea what i was asking they sent me over to guest services.

I can only assume these types of programs are thought up by marketing & then go through the accountants to make it "worthwhile".

Accountants will put a price tag on everything, with the exception of reality (i.e. an accountant will search hi & low for hours for a $.05 discrepancy. Me- I will throw a small party for my wife if our checking is only $.05 off)

I can see why FL would not increase your FunPerks much, or at all. The park(s) do not want to encourage pass holders to purchase FL since pass holders are in the park often enough that FL should be a moo point. (I am a big fan of Friends :) ) Now I can see why food purchases would be a big FunPerks bump for pass holders as we can come & go as much as we want for the whole year.

If the accountants set-up the ins & outs of the system, it does not surprise me no one could answer the question. I give customer sevice credit for not only telling the truth, but offering a settlement for the frustration.

- Brown- who dials up his accountant and says "Hi Mom".

• Like 4

I can only assume these types of programs are thought up by marketing & then go through the accountants to make it "worthwhile".

Accountants will put a price tag on everything, with the exception of reality (i.e. an accountant will search hi & low for hours for a $.05 discrepancy. Me- I will throw a small party for my wife if our checking is only $.05 off)

I can see why FL would not increase your FunPerks much, or at all. The park(s) do not want to encourage pass holders to purchase FL since pass holders are in the park often enough that FL should be a moo point. (I am a big fan of Friends :) ) Now I can see why food purchases would be a big FunPerks bump for pass holders as we can come & go as much as we want for the whole year.

If the accountants set-up the ins & outs of the system, it does not surprise me no one could answer the question. I give customer sevice credit for not only telling the truth, but offering a settlement for the frustration.

- Brown- who dials up his accountant and says "Hi Mom".

Brown, you are exactly right. That is sort of the debate here that is brought up through your response. Why have people answering the phones and trying to give answers on a program that they have no idea how it works? Why can I not be linked to someone who possibly has an answer to my question instead of the cookie cutter "sometimes purchases take a couple of days to register."? But my question then comes in. In the other FP thread there have been instances where people have bought a FL pass and their account has gone up a great degree. A poster here even mentioned that the FL goes towards you FP credit.

Now based off of customer experience, plus the admission from the program itself that FL increases your total progress bar on its on FAQ page, one would have the right to expect that if you purchase a FL pass something would happen to their account? Correct?

So when a patron buys FL passes only to see later that the purchase itself did not change your status or move their progress bar, does that patron have a right to ask and find out why that purchase, which based off of the above mentioned should have moved their status, did not move their status?

Why have people answering the phones and trying to give answers on a program that they have no idea how it works? Why can I not be linked to someone who possibly has an answer to my question instead of the cookie cutter "sometimes purchases take a couple of days to register."?

It's not that they have no idea how it works, they just don't have the exact answer you are looking for.

Why were you not forwarded to someone who does? I know you will not like the answer, and I am not trying to be an a$$; you are looking for one specific answer and keep pushing in an increasing negative tone. Forwarding you to someone else will most likely not solve the issue in their opinion. Your comments to members disagreeing with you on KIC (which is what KIfan1980 was attempting to tactfully suggest) pretty much suggests how the conversation went with customer service. (keep in mind, I often respond the same way. My explanation is not to live in a glass house & throw stones).

But my question then comes in. In the other FP thread there have been instances where people have bought a FL pass and their account has gone up a great degree. A poster here even mentioned that the FL goes towards you FP credit.
The answer may be as simple as: the FP qualifications changed like the FL price has this year. KI (CF) has communicated numerous times that the FL system is constantly changing.

I have to remind myself often- you attract more bees with honey.

• Like 1

Why were you not forwarded to someone who does? I know you will not like the answer, and I am not trying to be an a$$; you are looking for one specific answer and keep pushing in an increasing negative tone. Forwarding you to someone else will most likely not solve the issue in their opinion. Your comments to members disagreering with you on KIC (which is what KIfan1980 was attempting to tactfully suggest) pretty much suggests how the conversation went with customer service. (keep in mind, I often respond the same way. My explanation is not to live in a glass house & throw stones).

I dont think my response to KIfan1980's question was even close to out of line. I just said that KI wouldn't do that to a customer because if that got out it could be more damaging to find out it treats its customers badly based on an unconnected situation. I just answered his questions in a list and even agreed with him that he was right on some points. But if I was misunderstood and taken for being mean or negative I apologize. I can tell you that the convo with the customer service went fine i just was trying to get THE answer to my question. Text is easily the most misconstrued and worst way to convey or decipher tone. (you and I have even gone through that misunderstanding when I first became a member here :) )

I think the guy didnt transfer me again because I had talked to a total of 12 people about the situation. (6 at the FP booth, 2 at Guest services, and 4 over the phone) He knew that I wasn't going to get my answer so he gave me a softball prize in hopes that I wouldn't call again. It basically worked because it has been two weeks and a couple of days and I still dont have an answer to my question. But on the positive side I am up a 50% FL pass. So brown you aren't being "an a$$" as you said, you are spot on with your guess as to why I wasn't forwarded to someone else.

As KI gold season pass holders, we both get the perks of using this new system, and we get the headaches that as they adjust and monitor its effectiveness prior to rolling it out across all cedarfair perks. Customer Service is not likely to have all the answers to all the questions, because most of the questions are still new. As time marches on, they'll have a manual to just about every issue that has arisen and an answer said question.

You may very well have been the first person to call the park with this issue. A two week wait for a question that has never been asked? I can see where that would happen as the question gets pushed thru the system and to the back of the next person in basket. Its also quite possible that the answer to your question 3 weeks ago could be very different than the answer to your question today as they are adjusting and monitoring our funperks use.

I look at it this way, when I purchased by gold card, funperks was not in place. IIRC funperks wasn't in place on opening day either. Therefor, everything associated with funperks this season is indeed just that, a perk that I wasn't expecting for doing something I would have done anyways (like purchase dinner in the park). Next season, and certainly in the future should funperks continue, then part of my purchasing of a gold pass would be tied into the value I perceive in the funperks system. Its hard for me to get upset over any failings in funperks this season. In your situation its certainly understandable that you'd be fustrated that you've been given no answer, however it doesn't sound like you purchased the fastlane tickets strictly to boost your funperks status, rather you were buying the fastlane tickets and were expected an boost in funperks status as a side benefit. Meanwhile, i'm sure there are season pass holders up at Cedar Pointe that would love an opportunity to get a discount on next season's pass simply for spending the money they already spend in the park this season.

• Like 2

In your situation its certainly understandable that you'd be fustrated that you've been given no answer, however it doesn't sound like you purchased the fastlane tickets strictly to boost your funperks status, rather you were buying the fastlane tickets and were expected an boost in funperks status as a side benefit. Meanwhile, i'm sure there are season pass holders up at Cedar Pointe that would love an opportunity to get a discount on next season's pass simply for spending the money they already spend in the park this season.

Pretty much spot on. The program has been great so far and this is literally the first hiccup I have experienced so far with it. That is the reason why I have been debating on just giving up and not worrying about it. I'm already at level 3-50% I will probably just give it up and if it the points show up later then good for me. If they dont show up then so be it.

• Like 1

First off, the FB thing is completely unrealated I have a different name on facebook the the one attached to my funperks account, as I do not use my real name on FB. I doubt anyone in Guest Services even uses that FB account. Also I highly doubt a company no matter how much they disagree with a patron would EVER not take their money or do something that would make that person not come back to their park and spend their money in the park. With KI its all about the money, hence the big smoking area debate on the other thread, a 8 year old being designated as an adult, the whole funperks program is designed to milk money from season pass holders who usually wouldn't spend money in the park without incentives... I am 10,000% sure that has absolutely nothing to do with this situation. So thats out the window.

First, let me be clear I was not trying to state that they flagged you, tracked down your purchase, and intentionally did anything to you in this situation because of what happened on FB.

But, if I was KIPR reading this thread, as he likely has - It would, limit my desire to get involved and spend any time trying to help at this point

Finally, your attitude as Brownttggr says, comes across in the text with comments like "so that's out the window" (people are merely throwing out ideas/potentials) and actions like saying you're willing to get over it but not stopping the posting.

A final thought - I don't recall a post where someone discusses leveling up through FL purchases - maybe that's the biggest indication that the system is designed to exclude them.

It all boils down to do Fast Lane tickets count towards fun perks and if so, does it only count one Fast Lane purchase per pass holder? Does it allow you to use your pass towards several Fast Lane purchases that you pay for the entire purchase? It might be as simple as one FL per pass holder per visit.

It all boils down to do Fast Lane tickets count towards fun perks and if so, does it only count one Fast Lane purchase per pass holder? Does it allow you to use your pass towards several Fast Lane purchases that you pay for the entire purchase? It might be as simple as one FL per pass holder per visit.

at the aforementioned informal kic day I was part of the group that bought FL passes..there were 4 of us..some were using their half off coupons, some not. The lady in the FL booth said only 1 passholder could get all the credit, since we were buying as a group. we therefore decided that the lowest status star-wise should get the credit. we all gave our money to the 'purchaser' who completed the transaction and I assumed got the credit.

It might be as simple as one FL per pass holder per visit.

I think I would fall over dead if I ever heard a park employee say "I'm sorry sir, you are only allowed to buy one Fast Lane pass per visit". :lol:

I did not say it was as simple as one FL per pass holder. It was a what if question. If FL purchase did count towards the fun perks reward, would it only credit a single FL per pass holder, not that a pass holder could only purchase 1 Fast Lane ticket. This might be something that the park did not consider when they created the reward program. If a Fast Lane purchase did count towards fun perks, they might had assumed a pass holder would buy one ticket rather than buy several in a group and have it credit to his fun perks account. This is if a Fast Lane does count towards the fun perks program. Has a final decision been given to the person in question if this is the case? Has any attempt been to tried to generate some form of "good will" to this person?

First, let me be clear I was not trying to state that they flagged you, tracked down your purchase, and intentionally did anything to you in this situation because of what happened on FB.

But, if I was KIPR reading this thread, as he likely has - It would, limit my desire to get involved and spend any time trying to help at this point

Finally, your attitude as Brownttggr says, comes across in the text with comments like "so that's out the window" (people are merely throwing out ideas/potentials) and actions like saying you're willing to get over it but not stopping the posting.

A final thought - I don't recall a post where someone discusses leveling up through FL purchases - maybe that's the biggest indication that the system is designed to exclude them.

2 fast passes, 1cheesesteak, 1pretzel, 1cup plain potato works fries. All put on my gold pass. Leveled up to 3 stars!

One offer is $20 off 2013 pass, I hope they'll let me use it during the Haunt sale.(if there is one)

This program is amazing!

Plus our group used the FL on KIC day and they didn't have a problem with the purchase going through.

You were clear the first time. I just explained why I felt you opinion had no affect on the situation. Secondly, I'm sorry if you or anyone else got offended by me saying thats out the window. I really am. I don't have a great way with words so when I said that it was me saying that I have thought of that and/or have done that step and this was the result.

I literally said I will probably just give it up, right when you said that I keep going on about it. Not a definite end to the conversation.

Here is a question for the board:

If the situation was to happen to you and you spent "x" amount of dollars in the park and was told by the park that it would be totaled into you FP account, and it never showed up what would you do?

I know some people here have had it happen to them, They are upset but wont do anything about it. I usually like to get answers. I guess I'm a jerk for trying to find out why something didn't work... For that I guess I should apologize.

lo siento.

Actually, I am beginning to wonder if they don't credit the large purchases sometimes.

When I went in I was 85.5% away from level 3. After it recording my visit I was at 98% (So, I figure that we need 4 visits to move to each level -- visits equate to 50% of what is needed, and each visits is apx. 12.5% -- AGAIN HYPOTHESIS based upon visit today and last time, both got about 12.5% increase in level).

Now, I figured when I purchased $27 worth of food, I would get bumped up to next level (considering last visit, I spent like either 4.24 or 2.12 and got a 3.5% increase). Nope, not even moved me up from 98%. As we were leaving, several hours later, I was still at 98%. I purchased my traditional 4.24 popcorn and cotton candy refill -- guess what.. a 3.5% increase and I was level 3 now..with 1.25% on the way to next level.

So, I wonder if some purchase are just not getting into the system properly....my receipt has a fun perks transaction number on it...but it appears it didn't get counted.

It might be as simple as one FL per pass holder per visit.

I think I would fall over dead if I ever heard a park employee say "I'm sorry sir, you are only allowed to buy one Fast Lane pass per visit". :lol:

I did not say it was as simple as one FL per pass holder. It was a what if question. If FL purchase did count towards the fun perks reward, would it only credit a single FL per pass holder, not that a pass holder could only purchase 1 Fast Lane ticket. This might be something that the park did not consider when they created the reward program. If a Fast Lane purchase did count towards fun perks, they might had assumed a pass holder would buy one ticket rather than buy several in a group and have it credit to his fun perks account. This is if a Fast Lane does count towards the fun perks program. Has a final decision been given to the person in question if this is the case? Has any attempt been to tried to generate some form of "good will" to this person?

The final decision I received was "There is no one that can adjust your account and we have no idea why the purchase did not move your progress bar on your FP account. We cannot send you to another person for more information on your issue (which I never really received an explanation for this)."

The good will was a single 50% off FL pass. Which is fine I guess. But I ride with my fiance so basically if I want to use this pass I will have to shell out $105 to use it as my fiance would need a FL too. Am I insane or is this just the most backhand "gift" they could've given me.

Basically they say sorry we didn't count the $270 you spent it the park. Lets make it better by offering you to spend $105 to put in our pockets next time you visit...

Sure he could've given me nothing. In fact the more I think about it I should've just declined it and asked for an answer to my question.

JonCars05, Just my honest takeaway from digesting this topic...

I don't understand at all why you're complaining. Granted, as I mentioned before, I did not purchase a pass this season so maybe I don't get the whole fun perks deal, but this is my impression of the situation.

You made a large purchase and received multiple "instant" rewards and that purchase subsequently did not appear on your fun perks account even though you received some benefits and coupons instantly. Fun Perks is not a system you have to pay to be a part of and instead comes as an extra perk to being a pass holder - you earn more perks with the more you spend, but your spending is completely discretionary.

Due to confusion over how the rewards worked, you attempted to contact the park and seek out an answer. You didn't receive a clear answer and it took some time just to be communicated that they wouldn't be able to adjust your Funperks account.

In the end, they offered you a coupon to save 50% on a Fast Lane ticket due to your experience.

So, in the end, you lost nothing and gained a free coupon? You got instant rewards, the money spent in the first place wasn't entirely your purchase to begin with and even with that you got a ton of instant rewards. Maybe they were being honest and really can't adjust your account, this is new to them and there have been kinks before. Even with that, they still gave you something to make up for the delayed answer.

Multiple members here have suggested submitting feedback through the Fun Perks website, that seems like your best option as they have had success with that. Instead, you keeping fanning the flames acting like a victim when really you still gained something. Give them your feedback, in the future hopefully they'll take it seriously and fix the system. If not, you're still receiving free benefits and how much you want to spend in the park is between you and your finances.

As for the Facebook thing, the fact that you used a fake name to troll the park's Facebook and criticize them for capital expenditures built under a different owner, the dismissal of other posters polite suggestions and the general tone of your posts paints an interesting picture of how I imagine what your calls to customer service sound like.

Just my impression of the situation.

You still came out ahead, there's no victim here.

• Like 3

Multiple members here have suggested submitting feedback through the Fun Perks website, that seems like your best option as they have had success with that. Instead, you keeping fanning the flames acting like a victim when really you still gained something. Give them your feedback, in the future hopefully they'll take it seriously and fix the system. If not, you're still receiving free benefits and how much you want to spend in the park is between you and your finances.

As for the Facebook thing, the fact that you used a fake name to troll the park's Facebook and criticize them for capital expenditures built under a different owner, the dismissal of other posters polite suggestions and the general tone of your posts paints an interesting picture of how I imagine what your calls to customer service sound like.

If you read my original post all the way you would not that I have indeed filed a report online through funperks. I received no feedback. To then I went to the park on sunday and filed a paper report with the guest services. Received no contact. So I called the call center and received feedback 6 days later.

Secondly, The Facebook thing. I use a different name on Facebook because I work for a school. I received multiple friend request from students asking me to be their friend. I cannot accept those per my contract with the hospital i work for and the school township that I work with. So I changed my name on there so my students cannot find my profile. So you can you please take back you assumption that I changed my name to "troll" the FB website. I made literally two comments and they banned me. They banned me just like they banned anyone else that mentioned SOB during the "roller coaster that shant be named" phase. Trust me my call to customer service was with nothing but respect. Ask anyone on this board who has met me. I am a nice person and would never do anything to disrespect anyone here or otherwise. In fact, I have the person's name and direct number and could post it saying all sort of things about how he handled the situation. But I wouldn't do that. Why? because there is no need to.

As for everything else you are right. I said that already. I apologize if i hurt anyone's feelings or made it seem like i am dismissing their ideas. I have gone through every channel to find out an answer and I never received any. So I posted my story here to see if anyone else had experienced the same situation as me. Almost all the advice I have received has been done by me so far.

Maybe I should post with more smiley faces that way people know that I am being nice. ^_^

To be honest, there was nothing on Joncars' post that offended me. In fact, it seemed like last night, we were having a nice, civil discussion about the Funperks program. Just saying.

I have noticed on this board that when someone has a difference in opinion (especially if it is a negative one about KI) some people on the board will do their best to stick up for KI and say that that person is wrong/crazy/silly/rude/unappreciative/etc... (I understand that you like the park but to be honest Kings Island is nowhere near perfect)

To be honest yes the idea of me getting upset about it is rather silly. Yes, I did receive a 50% off FL coupon for "nothing". But I think I am upset with the whole situation because I had to contact 11 different people, Over 2 1/2 weeks to finally get the answer of we have no idea what has happened here is a coupon so you stop asking about it. I think that if you implement a program that is for your most loyal patrons (season pass holders) more than 3 people should know how that program works. (Yes it is a new system, yes they have tweaked it throughout the year) But if someone calls and asks about the program and why it didn't work like it should've (or as advertised) then the person who is answering the phone in that department should be able to answer the question. Maybe that is an unfair assumption. But logically the person who is fielding phone calls about the program should have an idea about how the program and its intricacies operate. Otherwise why even have a phone line for the program when the operator is just reading off the FAQ list on the website. That is just my opinion and why I am upset with the whole situation.

• Like 1

One final thought from me on the subject. Previously I've seen people wonder if the amount of the sale was significant in the Fun Perks system - with the belief is that it is: 1 $20 purchase is the same as 10 $2 purchases. This has always been looked at on the low end - can I purchase a bunch of cheap things to level up.

What if there is, however, a $ limit per transaction on the top end that would drive what Jonscars sees. Not sure how many high $ items the park sells, but maybe the programming doesn't reflect a difference between $1-5, $5-10, $10-15, etc.., but not a differenc once over $50 (as an example)

Guess what? Season pass prices this year were the same as last year's prices, except this year they instituted a new program: Funperks. This program gives you FREE STUFF THAT YOU DIDN'T GET BEFORE and it is at NO ADDITIONAL COST! What is to not like? They got bugs, the program is ambiguous and is not perfect, but guess what? Even if it was random, they are giving you more value and free food and beverage at no additional cost to you. BE HAPPY!

You guys on here are like players at the casino losing $300 to get their "FREE" buffet. Lol

I do have one question though if anyone with KI is watching . . . Why have I been told on certain occasions that if I am buying a beer or alcohol that those purchases are not eligible for the program and on other occasions I hand them the pass and it is scanned without saying a word. Do the alcohol purchases count or don't they? Alcohol is not listed on the program FAQ as an excluded item and at $8 per it would be nice to get "perked." I don't think it would be a violation of Ohio liquor laws, but I am not as familiar with those as Indiana's which are typically much more restrictive.

JonCars05, Just my honest takeaway from digesting this topic...

I don't understand at all why you're complaining. Granted, as I mentioned before, I did not purchase a pass this season so maybe I don't get the whole fun perks deal, but this is my impression of the situation.

Fun Perks is not a system you have to pay to be a part of....

....you're still receiving free benefits....

You still came out ahead, there's no victim here.

Maybe this will aid you in your understanding. He paid for a pass that came with certain promised benefits. The park did not give him all of the benefits that he paid for when he bought the pass. He feels that, because he paid for those benefits, the park should give him what it promised. Then, when he attempted to get what he paid for, he got the runaround and never received the benefit he purchased. It's pretty simple really.

I will never understand why some people have the delusion that the park is entitled to promise people the world, take their money based on those promises, and then disregard those promises at will. Any customer of any business is entitled to 100% of what they pay for and any business that does not deliver what it promises will surely lose customers and profits over time. I can't help but wonder how many folks out there have experienced problems similar to JonCars' and, as a result, will be taking camping trips instead of buying passes next summer.

• Like 3