My Funperks Account Complaint

Joncars05

He paid for a pass that came with certain promised benefits.

How many of us purchased a season pass after FP was announced?

I know I didn't.

We purchased 4 of them after FP was announced. We would have purchased them even without the perks program, but I will say that we will occasionally spend money in the park that we otherwise would not have spent without FP.

JonCars05, Just my honest takeaway from digesting this topic...

I don't understand at all why you're complaining. Granted, as I mentioned before, I did not purchase a pass this season so maybe I don't get the whole fun perks deal, but this is my impression of the situation.

Fun Perks is not a system you have to pay to be a part of....

....you're still receiving free benefits....

You still came out ahead, there's no victim here.

Maybe this will aid you in your understanding. He paid for a pass that came with certain promised benefits. The park did not give him all of the benefits that he paid for when he bought the pass. He feels that, because he paid for those benefits, the park should give him what it promised. Then, when he attempted to get what he paid for, he got the runaround and never received the benefit he purchased. It's pretty simple really.

I will never understand why some people have the delusion that the park is entitled to promise people the world, take their money based on those promises, and then disregard those promises at will. Any customer of any business is entitled to 100% of what they pay for and any business that does not deliver what it promises will surely lose customers and profits over time. I can't help but wonder how many folks out there have experienced problems similar to JonCars' and, as a result, will be taking camping trips instead of buying passes next summer.

This is about the most simple AND correct way to explain the situation.

^ And in CF's mind: "Mission Accomplished".

Not to reiterate the perceived notion that I have taken from this situation, but it seems like that is all CF cares about... ($$$$>>>>Customer Service/Happiness)

• Like 1

JonCars05, Just my honest takeaway from digesting this topic...

I don't understand at all why you're complaining. Granted, as I mentioned before, I did not purchase a pass this season so maybe I don't get the whole fun perks deal, but this is my impression of the situation.

Fun Perks is not a system you have to pay to be a part of....

....you're still receiving free benefits....

You still came out ahead, there's no victim here.

Maybe this will aid you in your understanding. He paid for a pass that came with certain promised benefits. The park did not give him all of the benefits that he paid for when he bought the pass. He feels that, because he paid for those benefits, the park should give him what it promised. Then, when he attempted to get what he paid for, he got the runaround and never received the benefit he purchased. It's pretty simple really.

Since when were these perks offered in October / the beginning of the year?

Joncars05, I agree with you that this board and the park for that matter are not perfect. You recognize this fact yourself, yet you insist upon flaming the park for this FUNperks predicament. You must realize this is a new program, and us all are the guinea pigs. Everything is still being tested.

By the way, and sorry to end on a sour note, but you in all actuality only submitted something like $75 max to the grand total of $270. To me (and probably the park), you are complaining about nothing. You received the rewards and the park offered you a compensation. And I have no doubt that each representative really tried to resolve your ranting. Tell me that the park didn't try.

This sounds on par with The Bat at night's "problem".

More food for thought: I feel like complaining and flaming the park is hurting our board as a whole's relationship with the park. Why don't we get KICentral exclusive events anymore? We haven't had an official one since...'08? Maybe? I'm not sure about the dates, but I'm almost positive it has been awhile. (take that with a grain of salt until someone confirms this for me)

• Like 4

^Really?

Maybe it's because the forum hasnt tried hard enough to get an exclusive event. All I know it that two guys Joe and Louis from Club Coasterfusion were able to pull off an event and their roller coaster club is literally 18 months old. Just get 30+ people and submit to the park as a group. Say you are with an organization, ask for a backstage tour of some sort and bingo you have your official event.

Last I checked the last time we tried to get an event, Aug 4th, we only had about 8 members show up (i believe you didnt show) and we still got a dedicated tweet and mention on their Facebook page from the park. Just think if we actually had a sign up page where everyone signs up and pays for the event in advance. That would more likely get us an "official event."

Just a thought...

• Like 2

Folks, notice how Joncars totally disregards everything else besides my quote about a dedicated day.

How could I come if my ride bailed on me last minute? Walk? Good one... You couldn't really call that informal gathering an "event", because, as you O Wise One stated yourself,

we only had about 8 members show up.

I also don't count "Some KICentral members at the park today." as a great dedicated shout out.

You sound like you're complaining about nothing. At least do us all a favor if you feel ever so inclined to complain: Capitalize and use proper grammar at all times.

"Just a thought..."

• Like 1

Folks, notice how Joncars totally disregards everything else besides my quote about a dedicated day.

How could I come if my ride bailed on me last minute? Walk? Good one... You couldn't really call that informal gathering an "event", because, as you O Wise One stated yourself,

we only had about 8 members show up.

I also don't count "Some KICentral members at the park today." as a great dedicated shout out.

You sound like you're complaining about nothing. At least do us all a favor if you feel ever so inclined to complain: Capitalize and use proper grammar at all times.

"Just a thought..."

I dont think you understand what I was saying. The relationship between the board and the park is solid. Noted by the dedicated tweet and FB mention when we only had 8 people show up to an unofficial event representing the board. Also noted by the participation of the park's public relations manager being an active member on the board...

We had almost 40 days to get people signed up for the event and only 8 people actually showed up. Both topics that mentioned details of the event have a combined total of 3328 views. That means out of all the people who saw those posts only 8 people decided to show up... That is what I am talking about when I say there was little interest in the event and that holding an official event was highly unlikely.

When you get this many people to show up ab0d74b8.jpg

OR

553572_10151132341520219_1260771747_n.jpg

(^that wasn't even the whole group as about 7 people, including my fiance and myself, were not in this photo )

Then you would more than likely have an easy time getting that event to become official with the park...

Also when you disagree with someone don't try and attack them for their opinion or grammar... It just makes you look petty...

Just Sayin'...

• Like 1

It was not an official KIC event.

It was a meetup of some KIC members.

There is a HUGE difference.

When 125 ACErs meet in a park. that doesn't alone make it an ACE event. Nor if 65 Democrats have breakfast does it make it a Democrat sanctioned breakfast.

The only difference is that no one asked the park for an official event. Ask the park for an official event and bring the minimum required people and bingo you have you desired "official event." It's not hard. They WANT your money so if you want an official event you will get one. i.e Coasterquest, Gay Pride Night, etc.

If KIC wants an official event and can provide the minimum number of guest then you will get one. Crypt was trying to say that because of people like me, KIC is somehow banned or has a harder time getting an official event. That statement is absolutely false.

^^^^1. That's not even a KIC event. 2. That's a lot more people who showed up to the Coasterquest event than did the get together.

EDIT: Maybe there would be more interest in the event if someone like Dane was endorsing it? Plus, it has been stated previously that various posters do read every post, for "reasons not germane".

• Like 1

No. For it to be an official KIC event, KIC would have to sanction it. Not just a member or group of members. This site has an owner and designated leadership who are responsible for it legally. Its members are not.

And parks do judge groups by the conduct of their members. That statement is absolutely true.

So basically the mods have to set it up? If so then that is easy enough. Get the mods to set up an event. Problem solved. Sounds like we are on the way to that official event Crypt wants.

So can we please get back on topic!

Has anyone had their FP accounts delayed because of a purchase.

Someone mentioned that large purchases may be capped by the system as to not give you the full amount towards your progress bar. Which could makes sense because there are few large single purchases available in the park. Maybe hoodies at $45 and FL passes are about the only things at $30 or above for a single item. So maybe the focus is on the smaller purchases.

I should have PM's a mod about trying to make KIC Day 2012 an "Official Event". I wanted to make another KIC event like the ones from 08 and the past, but I guess I failed making an "official" event.

If one of the folks who run this site wanted to have an official event, they could put the effort into makin it happen. They have discussed something many times since '08, but haven't made it happen. It is their choice - but my guess is that they get what they want/need from this site without the extra effort so therefore no event.

• Like 2

2 fast passes, 1cheesesteak, 1pretzel, 1cup plain potato works fries. All put on my gold pass. Leveled up to 3 stars!

One offer is $20 off 2013 pass, I hope they'll let me use it during the Haunt sale.(if there is one)

This program is amazing!

Notice the date of my post. This is a perk program, not a promised benefit when you buy a pass. Things change, prices for FL have changed. I haven't got an instant reward since that day. So what, it's still more than I expected. We didn't have Fun Perks at all last year. You got half off a FL pass, there wasn't even FL last year.

The only constant is change.

• Like 1

I feel like complaining and flaming the park is hurting our board as a whole's relationship with the park. Why don't we get KICentral exclusive events anymore?

I would rather be able to speak my own mind...if that means no "official" day I say so be it.

Maybe there would be more interest in the event if someone like Dane was endorsing it?

Dane? Who is this Dane that you speak of? :rolleyes:

I should have PM's a mod about trying to make KIC Day 2012 an "Official Event". I wanted to make another KIC event like the ones from 08 and the past, but I guess I failed making an "official" event.

Just because it wasn't "official" doesn't take away from the good time that you had at "your" KIC Day...correct? I think it was great that you even cared enough to attempt a get-together. :)

(I would have liked to have attended, but my schedule is busier than ever than ever this year... I have only made it to the park once this year.) As for the turnout, remember it's quality, not quantity.

• Like 2

You, sir, did NOT fail. You planned a day for posters to get together, meet each other and most importantly: spend a day having fun at a place everyone mutually loves going. For it to be an "official" event in the sense of the word that enthusiasts have come to know - yes, one of the main folks from KIC would've had to endorse it. Back in 2008 at KIC Day, the event was planned by the KIC staff in conjunction with some great folks at the park. Many perks and special things were afforded to attendees, that event also came with a price to attend. I do not speak for Boddah1994 or Dane, but maybe in the future another "official" KIC Day could happen. In the meantime, I believe OhioColts did a great thing and I applaud him of his efforts. Regardless of the title, the point is a group of people got together and had fun. Posters planning days to get together and meet have happened frequently in the past on these boards and I hope it continues into the future. It's always great to share your love of the park with like-minded people.

Now, in regards to this topic. Please keep any posts from here on our focused on the original posters topic: JonCars05's Fun Perks complaint.

Keep it civil.

If you're posting in regards to general FunPerks subjects or something else, please use the appropriate topic.

Thank you.

• Like 5

Not to reiterate the perceived notion that I have taken from this situation, but it seems like that is all CF cares about... ($$$$>>>>Customer Service/Happiness)

Actually, CF did a tremendous job with your customer service. They didn't lie. They attempted to answer your question in numerous ways. When they couldn't (and admitted so), and received the obscure signals you were frustrated, they offered something of value that you have an interest in and was the source of your frustration.

Not being able to answer your question the way you wanted is not poor customer service as the representatives answering the phones cannot be expected to know everything about the park.

When it comes down to CF caring about money: no kidding. Just like every business that is handed our hard earned dollars, their first mission is to make a hefty profit. I cannot think of one business that I have paid to receive some kind of service that has not made a mistake. If the same mistake continues, or numerous mistakes continue to happen & they don't care, I move on to another business that will care.

• Like 4