Park Food

rogue_kielbasa

I am a Cedar Point regular who hasn't been to Paramount's King's Island in quite some time (perhpas 4 years). I have yet to find a list of park restaurants and what they offer.

Do you think that some of you guys could give me some suggestions for food stops for lunch-dinner, quick snack, etc. etc. and perhaps elaborate on how good/ not good the food is?

Being a Cedar Point regular, I have low expectations for food in any non-Busch/Disney park; with the exception of a few sit down restaurants and The Potato Patch.

Any good moderatley priced restaurants there?

Thanks in advance.

Well if you want to go all out for a meal I would suggest Wings Diner in Rivertown which serves up Montgomery Inn barbecue which is a staple of Cincinnati food.

For lunch I would suggest either Bubba Gumps Shrimp Shack or Mandarin Cuisine. Bubba Gumps is by Slingshot and Adventure Express and Mandarin Cuisine is right by the entrance you can't miss it. I find that Mandarin Cuisine is the best choice for the buck.

As for snacks. Depending on what you want you could go to several places. For more of a meal you could hit up one of the Skyline Chili locations. Of course if you want some good fries head back to Tomb Raider and Beast and you will find Rivertown Potato Works. Now if you want ice cream which you should want to try this anyway as it is the best food in the park. Go to NickCentral/Hanna Barbera and find Huckleberry Dairy. Get a blueberry ice cream cone and it's just pure delight!

Hope this helps in some way. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Thank you, tanner.

So could anyone tell me, is the food as sub-par as Cedar Point's food, or is it better, or what?

From what it looks like, the park food seems to be better then, Cedar Point's, but I would like a frequent park visitor to strengthen that feeling in me.

Thanks again.

I personally think it's better, other than the Friday's at Cedar Point. I don't really like Cedar Point's food, or food selection, very much. At King's Island you can get all kinds of stuff like burgers, wings, Skyline Chilli, LaRosa's....

Yeah, I didn't really see much difference in the food at CP. The Burgers at Coasters were your basic burgers that were halfway decent, but could have been better. If there's anything you should try first and foremost (that is, if you're into shrimp), try Bubba Gump's. It's well worth the money, and the staff is quite interesting. Their welcome cheer will stick in your mind like glue. blink.gif

~S~

The food is great. It can be pricy, but that's why I stay away from Festhaus.

The food at Mandarin Cuisine is great. For comparison you might be thinking of mall chinese food. The food is much much better and more fresh than a mall chinese restaurant could ever think of being.

As for Bubba Gumps I've never ate there, but the aroma, and the looks make it look like a great place to eat. Not to mention that all of the reviews have been great.

As for if you wanna try Montgomery Inn be prepared to pay. It's good and great, but to me they're not the best ribs in the city as everyone says. They're good and they have history, but not nearly the best.

Skyline is also a choice if you want local food. I, myself, prefer Gold Star over Skyline, because the chili is alot thicker and not as runny as Skyline. Both are great nonetheless.

Remember to go get yourself a Blueberry Ice Cream!

I eat at Bubba Gumps everytime i go to PKI. It is my favorite place to eat in the park.. I always get the sampler platter because you get a little bit of everything and I think its the best seafood I've ate in a long time. Stunt Crew Grill and Potato Works are my other favorites. I highly recommend them! cool.gif

I would also recommend Huckleberry Dairy or UDF for ice cream. I use to get shakes at UDF and when I tried to get one last time they said they didn't make them anymore. I have no idea why.

The sub par great R food is reserved for park employees.

Ok if he is a guest why would you share that?

I wouldn't call a slice of pizza must have (eating a couple now) but if you like pizza it is very good, but probably not a must have. Quite pricy also.

Don't forget, you can get a blueberry ice cream cone at Paradise Island snack bar behind the Eiffel Tower before you enter into Rivertown. If you don't want to have to maneuver around a bunch of young children. Also, don't they have the blueberry ice cream at Ice Scream Zone in AZ? My recommendation is the Dippin' Dots. I love them.