Lids on the ladies restroom trash cans

ridehound

The trash cans in the ladies restrooms are huge uncovered bins that are frankly disgusting to have to stand next to while your using the sink. All other trash cans in the park are covered. Why dont they cover the restroom cans or have the attendants dispose of the feminine waste in a separate back trash can that is out of view. Its really gross.

Another thing, what happened to the hooks and door locks on the front gate restroom doors. There is no place to hang your purse and the doors dont secure so you have to hold it closed with your hand.

Hmm... How to answer this...

Well, as a guy, I would have no reference to your specific problem (seeing as how I do not utilize "feminine products" or purses or any of the like), but the men's restrooms' trash cans are also uncovered (for the most part). I don't see a problem with it. But if it bothers you, choose a different sink?

I also don't know why you are complaining that you don't have an unsecure place to store your valuable purse...

I've never seen one of the trash cans in the ladies restrooms filled to the brim, especially with "feminine waste." If I had to venture a guess, I would say that they were probably in the process of emptying the small feminine waste bins into the big trash can before taking all the trash out.

Also, I was just in the front gate restroom last week and my stall door locked. I never noticed if there was a purse hook in there or not because I didn't have anything to hang up. You may have just gotten a bad stall. However, I DID notice that there was a sign with a number and a code to text if you found the restroom to be unsatisfactory. If you don't text, you could have brought your concerns to the attention of an employee in the vicinity or went and talked to guest services.

On another note, Welcome to KIC. We are a fan site and love to discuss anything about the park we know and love, but unfortunately do not have the power to do things like clean the restrooms.

When I was in ecology back in the 90's, they had female sweepers go and empty all of the small covered bins above the toilets that were used for that purpose. That is also one of the jobs that the female restroom attendant had to do on a daily basis. As I have no need to go into the female restrooms, I do not know if they still have those small covered bins, but I would guess they do.

Every time I've been in the restrooms, there is an attendant there. I guess I have good timing, or the attendant actually stays in or around the restroom to which they are assigned. Does anyone know what KI's practice is on this?

I've not seen overflowing trashcans in the women's room. I don't know if I'd want a covered trashcan, being that I'd just washed my hands and wouldn't want to shove against a panel where someone might not have washed their hands, and even with the gapped covered trashcans, you have to duck it under the 'roof', also causing potential to touch something unpleasant.

What time did you go to the park? Since I usually go in the afternoon, I can't speak for the conditions that a morning park goer would find in the morning hours.

With respect to trash cans, I would have to agree with Tanna. I hate covered trash cans because of having to touch all those germs after just washing my hands. And speaking of germs, nothing drives me crazier than the rude people who use the blow driers ( the ones where you put your hands in the holes) to dry their clothes after getting off the water rides.

• Like 4

Every time I've been in the restrooms, there is an attendant there. I guess I have good timing, or the attendant actually stays in or around the restroom to which they are assigned. Does anyone know what KI's practice is on this?

I've not seen overflowing trashcans in the women's room. I don't know if I'd want a covered trashcan, being that I'd just washed my hands and wouldn't want to shove against a panel where someone might not have washed their hands, and even with the gapped covered trashcans, you have to duck it under the 'roof', also causing potential to touch something unpleasant.

What time did you go to the park? Since I usually go in the afternoon, I can't speak for the conditions that a morning park goer would find in the morning hours.

When I used to clean rest rooms in the early 90's, we were assigned a group of rest rooms in a certain area. When I had the rest rooms at the front gate, we cleaned the front gate mens, mens at the start of IS, restroom in Festhause. It should be the same with the women's. As we go from restroom to restroom, we would sweep the area as we go. The locations is the same for the other restrooms in the park. We have two or three restrooms assigned to clean in the park within the same vicinity. It should be the same today as it was back then.
  • Like 1

Ridehound-

Did you mention this to Guest Relations? If not, why not? You could have been easily answered at the park.

That said, as many have mentioned, cans with covers are often ignored and the trash is thrown on the ground. When I owned my business, I had to remove the covers off the cans in the ladies room because some few DISGUSTING "women" chose not to lift the cover and decided to SMEAR their used PRODUCTS on the wall above the garbage can.

I can agree that not having hooks in the stalls is irritating. Do not blame the park for vandalism. An owner/ operator has to make difficult decisions when it comes down to incidents like this: is the item being misused constantly replaced which could also damage what it is attached to, or do you just give in and decide to fix the things that are not being damaged behind closed doors?

• Like 1

When I used to clean rest rooms in the early 90's, we were assigned a group of rest rooms in a certain area. When I had the rest rooms at the front gate, we cleaned the front gate mens, mens at the start of IS, restroom in Festhause. It should be the same with the women's. As we go from restroom to restroom, we would sweep the area as we go. The locations is the same for the other restrooms in the park. We have two or three restrooms assigned to clean in the park within the same vicinity. It should be the same today as it was back then.

That is still the practice today except Festhaus is under the Action Zone park services associates.

Well, as a guy, I would have no reference to your specific problem (seeing as how I do not utilize "feminine products" or purses or any of the like), but the men's restrooms' trash cans are also uncovered (for the most part). I don't see a problem with it. But if it bothers you, choose a different sink?

I also don't know why you are complaining that you don't have an unsecure place to store your valuable purse...

This is a very disgustingly awkward topic.

• Like 1

KI-ORIG-EMP

Do you think that Wright Patt would be interested in the teleportation devices that the crew uses to appear in every bathroom at once, then? Because today, every bathroom had an attendant in it. I asked that man I married if he had attendants on the men's side, and yes. they are omnipresent.

• Like 1

This is a very disgustingly awkward topic.

Sure is...onward