ERT/Rope Drop/X-Base Questions

wdw89

Hey Kings Island Central! I am a long time reader of these forums and have been a Gold Pass holder for about a decade, but I finally decided to sign up here and talk about my hometown park!

Even though I have been a passholder for quite some time, it has been years since I have actually been able to make it to the park at opening. I just had a few quick questions that I was hoping I could get some help from you guys on:

1. What is the process regarding ERT? Do I need to show my pass to any specific employee or at a specific location?

2. How does the rope drop process work at park opening? Where should I be standing if I am attempting to get to X-Base once the park officially opens?

3. Finally, due to the long lines since I am normally at the park in the afternoon, it has been quite a while since I got the opportunity to ride Firehawk and Flight of Fear. I really like the front row on both of these rides and was hoping to be able to sit there on my rides. In general, how accommodating are the ride ops on these two rides in terms of row preferences? Which ride op should I ask about my preference?

I'm sorry if any of these questions are really basic, but I really appreciate any help I could get from all of you! Thanks in advance and I look forward to chatting with you guys on here in the future!

Welcome to KIC! It's always great to get new members!

1. Usually, there is a gate with a small opening with a sign above reading, "Gold Pass Early Entry" or something along those lines. All you have to do is flash your pass and they let you walk through.

2. The rope drop works like most other parks. The national anthem plays, rope drops, and the running of the bulls commences. If you wish to get to X-Base, the best spot is by the Eiffel Tower.

3. Flight of Fear is pretty accommodating for front seat rides, while Firehawk isn't. If you are there early enough in the morning, Firehawk ops may let you since the crowd won't be as bad. I'd recommend heading to Firehawk first thing after the rope drop.

• Like 1

-Anyone coming into the park can get into International Street during the ERT hours. There are roped off areas that a security guard will be standing near, and will ask to see your pass to pass.

-Inside Flight of Fear, at least as far as I'm aware, they don't assign seats. (I haven't gone through the line this year so I don't know for sure.) The line for the front has been only a little bit longer than other lines when I've ridden.

I've seen people ask for a row on Firehawk, and they were allowed it. They try to group people into fours, so you might have to wait an extra cycle. The front seat isn't really the front of the ride though, and some people might get into the non-front front row.

Oh, and if you are a gold pass holder, and have attained enough stars, one of the prizes you can earn is a jump to the front of the line for one ride pass.

If you want to get as close as you can to X-Base, go to the location directly behind the elevator entrances. This is as close as you will get to Coney/X. Keep in mind that there is no security guard to lift the rope immediately, so you will have to climb over it. Also, you will not be able to walk along the left side of International Street, so you will have to walk along the right side (the side tha connects to Planet Snoopy and Rivertown). Also keep in mind that if you have ANY carryon items (omit glasses and souvenier cups), you will be forced to buy a locker. NO EXCEPTIONS. I would have 2 dollars ready at rope drop so it will be easier to rent a locker.

Also, Flight of Fear does assign for seating, although the seperators are generally very nice and accomodating of your request.

Hope you have a great day!

Also, Flight of Fear does assign for seating...

Would you please differentiate whether or not this is always done?

A few people have said they had assigned seating on other rides, and I later went through when there were not seperators.

They are assigning sets but they'll pretty much let you go where you want if you ask. Just say "hey can we go up front?!" and they'll say "uh.....yeah"