What should I think?

Jeorby Nanpa

Me: energetic Kings Island patron. I'm nearly a fanboi (bless your hearts, fanbois) but that's a fine line.

Problem: Beast shuts down. 7:20PM on the last weekday of the season. Thursday. Amazing day otherwise.

I'm gonna sound like a broken record here, but I hate those blank stares from the Ride Ops. "Yeah, this ride is a complicated thing, and it's gonna be shut down the rest of the night until some maintenance dude gets here and blesses it." No. This is not right. It's a sensor. It's a seat belt.

7:30PM, 7:20PM, I don't know. Beast is done for the season. This is the premiere ride, in the best small market roller coaster park in America. The fans will say "stuff happens."

Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed with Beast, and it mysteriously giving up its ability to work. A bit more hustle amongst the blue shirts and maint guys would go a long way. I just need to archive this complaint so those in charge know that urgency counts and your guests know it.

Fire away! :)

Or another option is to ignore the sensor problem or whatever mechanical problem there was and give the rider the thrill of his/her life as the ride malfunctions. If it was a sensor problem or any other problem, the ride can't operate until it is cleared and or fixed. But there is the rest of the weekday on Friday, next Friday and the last weekday, Monday, September 3rd of the regular season to enjoy The Beast.

Me: energetic Kings Island patron. I'm nearly a fanboi (bless your hearts, fanbois) but that's a fine line.

Problem: Beast shuts down. 7:20PM on the last weekday of the season. Thursday. Amazing day otherwise.

I'm gonna sound like a broken record here, but I hate those blank stares from the Ride Ops. "Yeah, this ride is a complicated thing, and it's gonna be shut down the rest of the night until some maintenance dude gets here and blesses it." No. This is not right. It's a sensor. It's a seat belt.

7:30PM, 7:20PM, I don't know. Beast is done for the season. This is the premiere ride, in the best small market roller coaster park in America. The fans will say "stuff happens."

Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed with Beast, and it mysteriously giving up its ability to work. A bit more hustle amongst the blue shirts and maint guys would go a long way. I just need to archive this complaint so those in charge know that urgency counts and your guests know it.

I apologize for your frustration. Do know that the downtime isn't planned. Do also know, the blue shirts and maintenance aren't located at Beast or any other ride as they go down. The blue shirts, have an entire area to cover, as well as an office they could be located in working on paperwork for training, schedules, etc. Maintenance could be in the shop working on a part for a ride, building a haunt, etc. Needless to say an emergency on your part, doesn't constitute an emergency on the parks part, unless guests are stranded or injured. I'm sure there are numerous people who would say the park should have been urgent on a certain coaster in a partly actionless area, and would love to ride it. However, the park isn't going to allow a rider on a ride until the experience can be determined acceptable.

So what to think? Just let it go. If something like this happens again while you are at the park, find a different ride to go to. Go to GR if you don't think the park is operating as fast as you think it should.

• Like 2

• Like 3

Wednesday afternoon DB went down and we were waiting in line outside the gate. A guy in front of us turned around and said: " I wait until the end of the year to come here and they shut DB down. It figures they would do that to me." We walked away from this very toxic person.

A note to all the young people reading these forums, the sooner you learn this life lesson the smoother your journey will be:

The natural, mechanical world and everyone else is not personally plotting against you, roller-coasters and the people who work at them frankly don't care if you personally get to ride or not.

QTIP= Quit Taking It Personally!

• Like 4

A note to all the young people reading these forums, the sooner you learn this life lesson the smoother your journey will be:

The natural, mechanical world and everyone else is not personally plotting against you, roller-coasters and the people who work at them frankly don't care if you personally get to ride or not.

QTIP= Quit Taking It Personally!

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I mean come on, it's pretty obvious that the ride ops saw this guy coming and were all, "Hey...let's close this ride down and **** this guy off!"

Further, come off it. It's not like you haven't ridden The Beast before. I mean it goes around, up a hill, down, a turn, break run, a turn, a tunnel, a turn, a hill, down a hill, into a rather large helix with a tunnel, out of the tunnel, back into the tunnel, down a hill, up a hill, break run, and then the station. There you just rerode The Beast! How was your ride?!

• Like 6

Further, come off it. It's not like you haven't ridden The Beast before. I mean it goes around, up a hill, down, a turn, break run, a turn, a tunnel, a turn, a hill, down a hill, into a rather large helix with a tunnel, out of the tunnel, back into the tunnel, down a hill, up a hill, break run, and then the station. There you just rerode The Beast! How was your ride?!

:lol:

In case they don't like riding alone:

After going down the lift hill, we lean to the right an yell "Wheee". Then we go over a hill and go "AAHHHH". Then we lean to the left and go "WHOOO".....and so on.

So now it's time to evolve, and go from being an "energetic Kings Island patron" to a more mature, educated and responsible patron. It's time to let go of the junior-high mentality of getting overly emotionally reactive when a ride breaks down at an inconvenient time for you. There is, and never will be, anything more the park employees can tell you. Once you make this leap, your enjoyment of parks everywhere will increase exponentially.

No need to "fire away" at all. I hope you got it out of your system, and are ready to move on. :)

• Like 4

^^^THIS^^^

To avoid 1 word posting: I agree with Dr. Humor :) Haha.

I can't ever get over people being upset for a ride being down, I pose the question would you rather wait for it to open safely or would you rather ride it, have something go wrong, lose a body part or your life? Usually shuts people up right then and there.

Kind of like those delays for mechanical issues when flying - nah, let's not wait for maintenance to check it out I'd rather try and get there ontime.

It does amaze me that we let things we have NO control over allow us to cause so much stress.

• Like 4