Rides/Areas that seem un-needed/needs changing at Kings Island

BB1

Many rides and areas almost seem to age everyday, which leads to people ranting about how one attraction or area needs changes, so I ask. What rides/areas do you believe needs a revamp/change/or destruction at Kings Island? Please specify which rides you choose.

The Racer and Vortex need some new paint and smoothed out.

I like the rough feel to Vortex because thats how I think it should feel, I mean, Vortex is an older steel roller coaster and the older ones aren't usually as smooth as Diamondback. If all steel roller coasters were as smooth as DB then nobody would be able to tolerate about half the coasters in the United States. :)

^What makes Double Loop and Tennessee Tornado?

Also, ones favorite ride may not be another's. Some loved Son of Beast, some loved The Crypt, some love Firehawk, others The Monster. No attraction NEEDS to be taken out (maybe Backlot--but that should be moved to Action Zone and replaced with our rightful replacement of the Flying Eagles), as each fit this park very well.

My point is, just because you don't like a ride, doesn't mean it should be ripped out, because it is bound to be someone's favorite.

• Like 6

My point is, just because you don't like a ride, doesn't mean it should be ripped out, because it is bound to be someone's favorite.

Or an area, I personally believe almost any ride/area is a favorite to at least one or so people that have been or goes to Kings Island, in example, me liking the Boomerang Bay era, you liking the Crypt, and etc.

• Like 1

I chose to eliminate X-Base because I have never really enjoyed the feel of that area. It seems to me like they took Coney Mall and just added stuff behind it (because they did). The theme of the area seems out of place; going from a classic, fair-style area to a futuristic flight themed area. That being said, those two rides need to stay, but perhaps Firehawk could have been in Action Zone? Yes, they needed a way to get access to the land out there, but the shift in themes seems out of touch.

I also voted that all rides need to stay, because they are all staples of the park in one way or another. :)

Well, Taft did the same thing with International Street. Why would the place an early Ohio settlement behind International Street? So out of touch!

Each sector of the park has its own identity. Think of how vastly different Action Zone is than Oktoberfest. I think they could add more on to X-Base, so much so that it is has a full identity as a full fledged area, not just a sub section of Coney Mall.

EDIT: It hurts me to see that at least one person would rather an Oktoberfest attraction ripped out. :( ... Unless it's Slingshot.

EDIT 2: It further hurts me to find many saying Oktoberfest should be axed. :(

• Like 1

Back in the hay day, what is now Hanks, used to be the Bier Gardens and they really served German food and beer to wash it down. There was also a German band that entertained the guests and all the employees were dressed in a German style uniform. The Festhaus had Germand food in addition to other fare.

• Like 2

Oktoberfest...the German-Themed area of Kings Island featuring an Indiana-Jones themed mine train coaster (there are ancient lost temples in GERMANY!?!?), ride a Viking Ship (what do Vikings have to do with Germany, either?), get launched 275 feet into the air on a unthemed Sling Shot ride, watch a BRITISH INVASION show in the Festhaus (the look of this building is pretty much all that Oktoberfest has left going for it, but on the inside even it is the "wrong" theme!), and eat Burritos. :wacko: Well, at least they still have beer...

Poor Oktoberfest sure isn't what it used to be, eh? And it was like this BEFORE Cedar Fair even came into the picture, too...and some of it even came pre-Paramount! (Viking Fury, which did not match Oktoberfest, opened in 1982, 10 years before Paramount bought the Park!)

• Like 2

To further complicate the matter: In the early Paramount-Era Park Maps (I checked '93 and am pretty sure the '94-'96 maps are the same on this), Adventure Express is listed as a ride in the Wild Animal Habitat/Adventure Village section, NOT Oktoberfest, even though its actual entrance would indicate otherwise. If this logic is still used, AE would be considered an Action Zone attraction, as would Sling Shot, and while that makes more sense for the rides (both fit Action Zone more than Oktoberfest), it does create a small problem: Oktoberfest is now an INCREDIBLY small section of the park, with ONE ride- Viking Fury, which does not fit the theme either!