Announcements

fanofFirehawk

I remember there use to be a topic about this, and I have searched and searched for it but could not find it. Ok so I an just going to get to it, so I was wondering if there is a date or sertin time they make the announcements for the new attraction. I remember that people had said that it happens all through out the year, but I also remember that they said spificly for 2012/2013 was going to be announced late august. Am I just plain out wrong or am I right can someone clear this up for me.

I beleive that KI PR has indicated in prior threads and on Facebook that announcements regarding pass renewal and Halloween Events this fall would be made around Labor Day. There is nothing scheduled for anything "what's new for 2013". That will come "later".

^ I personally would prefer that Cedar Fair operated this way. It's always great hearing about the exciting attractions coming the next year all on the same day. The only advantage I can see is more elaborate announcements, but in my opinion, none of Cedar Fair's haven't been good enough for me to prefer them to a simple online announcement.

And so far, only Cedar Point and California`s Great America have officially announced what they are adding in 2013 as far as the Cedar Fair parks are concerned. I know that Kings Dominion has hinted at what is coming. With the price tage of Gatekeeper ($30 million) and the cost of Great America`s new ride, that will roughly account for approximately half of what Cedar Fair has traditionally spend on cap ex projects in recent years. I also wouldn`t look for Canada`s Wonderland to be adding anything big with Leviathon opening this season. Knott`s is rumored to be getting something with the removal of Perilous Plunge. It will be an interesting ride in the coming weeks, and months.

I expect Luminosity to be rolled out to atleast 3 other parks next year. CGA, I assume, is getting because the press release said the ride will fly over "Celebration Plaza."

Ironically, I believe that Celebration Plaza is already a pre-determined/existing area at CGA.

First incredible video, love how they showcase 2013 up and coming attractions, Six Flags looks like a awesome array of new rides for 2013. I'm interested in the coaster with a backwards launch for sure, but think that the safari ride looks great too

Which parks have Christmas in the parks?

I usually don't go to six flags parks that much did enjoy a little Ky kingdom but might have to check out a few in 2013.

I expect Luminosity to be rolled out to atleast 3 other parks next year. CGA, I assume, is getting because the press release said the ride will fly over "Celebration Plaza."

Ironically, I believe that Celebration Plaza is already a pre-determined/existing area at CGA.

Yes it was already an area at CGA.

I hope Cedar Fair looks at doing something like this. Its nice seeing all the parks coming together and getting something. I think the new ride at La Ronde would be something Cedar Fair could look into installing. It seems to perfectly fit that family ride style. I'm surprised there's only one brand new coaster this year for Six Flags too.