Announcements

fanofFirehawk

I hope KI gets Luminousity next year, I went to Cedar Point this year and really enjoyed the show at the end of the night. Everyone left the park singing "Call Me Maybe", it was fun!

I could see it coming into AZ with a re-vamp..but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

In my opinion, any night-ending show at Kings Island should somehow make use of the Royal Fountains and IS.

• Like 2

^ I'd actually very much be in favor of them revamping the small stage between the Eiffel Tower and the fountains into a Luminosity-esque stage, though definitely without the back wall. Rely more heavily on floor lighting in the stage and lighting off the 50-foot observation deck, and then you've got a clear view of the fountains, which could be included lighting-wise as part of the show like how Millennium Force, Giant Wheel, and Power Tower are at CP. (Or at least that's what was mentioned when Luminosity was announced... I haven't heard anything to that effect since, and I haven't seen the show myself.)

I don't know that I'd like the show to be exactly like Cedar Point's, either. The impression I get from the photos I've seen is that it's very futuristic and heavy-bass pop-oriented. Those are fitting choices for CP, but I feel like pushing the futuristic aspect at Kings Island, combined with the large area the stage would likely include at the base of the tower/head of the fountains, would likely damage the atmosphere of International Street. I can't think of a substantial example off the top of my head of what theme would look good, but it would need to be something that still blends into International Street during the day when all the effects are off.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...