B&M Giga and Hyper or a Intamin Giga and hyper

stashua123

I chose Intamin Hyper, although I wouldn't want another. I chose this due to the fact that Intamin (generally) designs their rides to litterally snap you out of your seat, versus B & M who gently lifts you up. Very close second choice is a tie between Intamin and B&M giga. Leviathan looks crazy, but I also LOVE I305.

• Like 1

Need more B&M Giga's. I rode Leviathan this year, my only complaint was it was a little short, about 1000 feet shorter then MF. B&M's have very comfortable seats with lots of leg room. B&M's are also reliable. Intamin's always seem to have teething issues. I don't recall them needing to replace a complete section of track on a B&M because it was engineered wrong. I'm gald to see Cedar Fair kick Intamin to the curb and are having all these B&M's built.

• Like 1

It is used as a block. The part of the brake run that starts above Dragon Fire is there just in case the trains are stacked, transferred to the storage shed, or something else. Despite what you may think, the brake run is actually pretty close to the station.

I think there are something like 4 blocks on the brake run-- 1 above Dragon Fire, one as you descend towards the station level, another on the second part of the descent, and one on the transfer track, but I'm not completely sure.

EDIT: Oh lawdy, why can't I stop posting? 1,300 posts! :/

I much prefer B & M to Intamin. Don't get me wrong, I think they are both fantastic manufactures, but B&M does have a slight lead over Intamin for me. I feel like on Intamin rides, it almost twists and yanks me too much, to the point of a headache. I also prefer B&M trains too. I love how B&m's are thrilling, but also relaxing at the same time. Intamins are much more intense in my opinion. Which isn't a bad thing, I just prefer the feel (and look) of a B&M.

The reason I decided Intmamin is because, just like stated above, variety.

Is this topic of what the fans want in SOB former spot? If that is the case, I would love to see an Intamin Giga roller coaster. Maybe make it the first of it's kind where it goes up and when it gets to the top, it makes a left turn and then straight down. You heard right, build the first Intamin Giga to drop straight down. :)

Well I voted B&M Giga. But I'm not sure that Make or Model even matter to me that this point. Let me break this down into FOFreak type thoughts.

I'm a fan of airtime. I do not care how tall it is or how fast it goes, as long as it delivers some serious airtime. I love Diamondbacks airtime hills. Love them. And I'm inclined to believe that Millenium Force at Cedar Point is overrated. Minus the first hill, it really lacks that airtime I want. Levithian I can't say for because I haven't ridden it.

So my stance on this matter is that, as long as it has plenty of airtime, I don't care. Some kind of Giga would be cool, but I'd rather not have a Millie.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too disappointed to have a Maverick-esqe ride at the park.

Anything like MF, then B&M giga or hyper. Anything like Bizarro, most definitely Intamin Giga or hyper.

I like that statement. I'd also add "or Skyrush" to the "anything like Bizarro" portion of that comment.

The only thing that Skyrush didn't get right (from a ride perspective, ignoring the hideously designed station) are the restraints. Had they nailed those it would probably be my #1 coaster, but as is it's still a top 5 ride. Intamin also stepped away from the snappy transitions and focused more grace and speed. I find it interesting that the rides that most people like a lot across the board (Bizarro, El Toro, Skyrush, Millennium Force) are the ones that minimize the use of those fast, snappy transitions. The ones that do have them (I305, Maverick) are much more polarizing and are usually "really love it" or "really hate it" kinds of coasters.

As far as Kings Island goes I think they would be better served by a B&M giga than an Intamin. I like the stronger range of forces on the Intamin megas/gigas but as far as the park itself is concerned, B&Ms offer three key advantages: higher throughput, less downtime, and infinitely more comfortable restraints. Having said all that, I'd still rather have either El Toro or Voyage than just about every other steel coaster out there.

Well I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to Millennium Force at Kings Island. I"m not saying put the exact same layout in, but something that would resemble it's brother at Cedar Point. Like I said yesterday, have a regular elevator lift hill, have it turn to the left and then let it drop straight down! That would be awesome! For now though, Millennium Force is my favorite steel roller coaster!

• Like 2