Tomb Raider

flying eagles

If you add one new ride program, you're also adding new lighting sequences, new special effects patterns, and new sound cues, all of which have to be programmed, tested and tweaked. Multiple programs on TRTR just isn't a possibility. And frankly, it's not worth it - there's not a whole lot of variety to be had with a Shiva, ice field, and lava pit laugh.gif

I would think the park has enough time on the off season to add at least one new program.

Yes the park has time to make things better. Kings Island is a season park its not open all year around like Disney alot of people forget this. So I don't think any new ride programs will come unless something bad goes wrong.

Yes the park has time to make things better. Kings Island is a season park its not open all year around like Disney alot of people forget this. So I don't think any new ride programs will come unless something bad goes wrong.

Something always goes wrong b/c the ride always has a lot of down time. I would just like two things from TR:TR. 1.The ride not hang you upside down for so long. 2. The ride do a few more top spins.

I'm not sure one weighs more than the other, but each arm is individually controlled, and if they aren't lined up just right the ride will be forced to stop, which I believe is what causes most of the breakdowns. You do have to remember, thought, TR is a very technologically advanced ride, and until better computer systems become available problems will occur. Rides like this are going to have problems, look at the Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland. I was there a week ago, and despite it being nearly 10 years old, it didn't open with the park, and broke down several times that day. Also, much like TR, it has lost effects over the years, and that's a Disney ride, so people(myself included) should not rip on PKI for effects being gone, as it happens to the biggest parks in the industry as well.

the right arm weighs more than the left arm.

Not to be offensive, but that has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard about and King's Island ride. I'm sure that Huss had ZERO intention of making one arm weighing more than the other. I do respect the comment on the arms having to be perfectly aligned, though. Electric motors rotate the arms from either side and if they get just the slightest bit off, the whole "thing" will be misaligned, resulting in serious mechanical chaos.

By the way, what is the correct term for the big thing where all the people sit on Tomb Raider? Is it called a car?

Not to be offensive, but that has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard about and King's Island ride. I'm sure that Huss had ZERO intention of making one arm weighing more than the other.

apparently you know nothing about the ride. Have you actually ever ridden Tomb Raider? Next time you do look at the arms; don't post another thing until you do this.

..matt

How can you tell from looking at the arms whether or not one weighs more than the other? I looked at them and they looked the same to me. But, I didn't pay real close attention, so it could be that. I've only heard that the arms operate separately and heard nothing about one weighing more than the other. Not to say that I am correct.

The seats on the far end were being used when I was there, but that was back in June. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just never noticed a huge difference in the arms. But, that is probably because I wasn't looking too closely. I'll try to look at them when I go again in another month or so.

My apologies for making statements about a ride without fact. However, in my eyes, it would just make more sense to me to make the whole ride symmetrical from a cross section down the middle. Yes I have been on Tomb Raider maybe 7 or 8 times before, however I haven't been able to ride it this year due to its downtime. The only thing about the gondola (thanks for the answer, people) and loading it that I've noticed is that some rows are not used while others are. As for parts of rows not being used, I've never seen this before; however like I said, if the park has just started doing this this year, then that would explain why I've never seen it happen before.

Next time, I will look and will look hard.