if kings island were to close and you wanted to open your own amusement park that could hold 10 rides what 10 attractions would you get?

kicsehlhorst

1. Eiffel Tower, only this time build it 50' taller than the one in Vegas;

2. The Beast

3. The Vortex (smoother, and built 10% bigger)

Twin Deliria (counts as 2; mirrored so they come within a few feet of each other (pun intended))... over a lake... with fountains!

Duelling+Deliria.png

4. North Delirium

5. South Delirium

6. King Cobra

7, Smurf Blasters on Phantom Hill...with Boats

8. Diamondback

9. Drop Tower

10. Adventure Express

• Like 6

1. Kennywood's Thunderbolt

2. The Raven

3. The Beast

4. Kennywood's, KI's, or CP's carousel

5. Adventure Express

6. Liberty Launch

7. Michigan's Adventure's old Falling Star

8. Stricker's Grove's flying scooters

9. Kings Dominion's Dominator

10. Either Cedar Point's Giant Wheel or Great Adventure's ferris wheel

With more options, I'd also toss in Demon Drop (or some generic S&S Drop Tower) and either Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown or Frightful Falls.

• Like 1

1. Adventure Express

2. Georgia Scorcher

3. Flight of Fear (KI)

4. Raging Bull

5. The recaR

6. Kings Mills Log Flume--I call it that as everything was natural, no association with Planet Snoopy, water wheel, and NO SPITTING BEAGLE!

7. Maverick

8. The Crypt (Kings Dominion)

9. Thunderhead/Skyhawk

10. Viking Fury

• Like 1

2. The Beast

Twin Deliria (counts as 2; mirrored so they come within a few feet of each other (pun intended))... over a lake... with fountains!

Duelling+Deliria.png

4. North Delirium

5. South Delirium

6. King Cobra

8. Diamondback

9. Drop Tower

10. Adventure Express

WOW! Haha, sounds cool. I had a "vision" that there could be a second Mondo Monsoon on the left side of the first one with the funnels side to side, and this one could be pink and green (oppisant of orange and blue?). That would be cool. IF I had photoshop I would make a picture.... but... I have NO expeirnce at all. (hint hint thrill_biscuit)

• Like 1

2. The Beast

Duelling+Deliria.png

4. North Delirium

5. South Delirium

6. King Cobra

8. Diamondback

9. Drop Tower

10. Adventure Express

I like the idea but isnt there enough problems with just having one Delirium?

• Like 2

^Which Crypt do you speak of? If it could be any ride (past or present--or even future!), I would have chosen Kings Island's late Crypt. But alas, I tried to keep everything "current" so to speak.

Threads like these I loathe, as my picks are subject to change at any time. Only a few are constant, like The Crypt, Adventure Express, and our beloved log flume. The others are "fillers", I suppose you could say, as I love every ride and would love to find every ride I have ridden in a single park.

I find 10 a bit limited. With a park, you would need thrilling flats and not so thrilling flats, huge and thrilling coasters, and mild and tame coasters. Not to mention the seemingly endless variety of coasters / flats, and you can see how hard threads like these are for me, as well as ranking my favorites.

• Like 1

Hmm...interesting topic:

The Beast

Of course I'm saving the one-of-a-kind classic wooden coaster that no one else can possibly build again...

The Racer

It's a historical classic, and historical classics must not be demolished! Sadly, in real life, some historic classics have been demo'ed... :( And for no good reason, too. Once re-located, I'd give it back the old paint job to boot.

Flight Deck

All right, it's pretty clear by now- I'm saving and getting rides that are rare and cannot have any chance of being re-built, so add Flight Deck to the list of rides I'm "saving" here. These old suspended coasters are no longer around, so having Flight Deck saved would be wonderful.

Vortex

...there are other multi-looping coasters, but Vortex is unique in its layout. Yet another classic that should not be demolished, as only World's of Fun's now-defunct Orient Express was similar to Vortex...and it's gone now. But, I would get Vortex some new trains, with lap bars. ^_^

Adventure Express

Another one-of-a-kind ride at KI, this mine train has a unique layout and cool theming. And it's a great family ride. A must-keep!

Monster

These just aren't getting built anymore, and are even being torn down quite frequently, so I'm saving this one!

Grand Carousel

1926. Classic Carousel. Another must save.

Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown!

Would, if saved, be restored to its classic status and become The Kings Mills Log Flume again. This old log flume is a key part of KI's history, and thus I would save it. Oh, and I'm saving this one in spite of the fact I have never actually rode it- take that for what it's worth.

The Kings Island & Miami Valley Railroad

This ride may have lost some of its luster in recent years, but it remains a key part of KI's history, and should be kept.

Eiffel Tower

Intamin still makes these, but they are so pricey, and it's a huge part of KI's history...better save it.

And that's the 10 I'd save. You'll notice these are not even all of my 10 favorite rides at KI, but these are rare/unique/un-replaceable. You could always call B&M again and build another Diamondback, call Intamin for another Drop Tower, etc etc. But these are more unique, rides KI has that most other parks don't, or are rarer rides that would be hard/impossible to re-build if demolished. And that's why I'd save them, even if I like other rides a bit more.

Not that I actually WANT any of the other rides to be demolished...heck, if I came into huge money and Kings Island closed, I would probably just buy the entire park and save everything I could. I'd have to find a new theme for PS though, since that is a Cedar Fair licsence...and re-name a few rides...etc etc.

• Like 1

1. The Racers

2. Monster

3. Grand Carousel

4. Vortex

5. Woodstock Express

6. Shake, Rattle, & Roll

7. Smaller Version of Delirium

8. S&S Double Shot

9. Race For Your Life Charlie Brown

10. KI&MV Railroad

The reason I added smaller attractions and nothing big like Diamondback and Beast is because I wanted to go for a smaller more family orientated park, kind of like Knoebels, Coney Island, or Idora. Vortex might look out of place, but it would be a nice attraction to draw in some of the bigger crowds.

WOW! Haha, sounds cool. I had a "vision" that there could be a second Mondo Monsoon on the left side of the first one with the funnels side to side, and this one could be pink and green (oppisant of orange and blue?). That would be cool. IF I had photoshop I would make a picture.... but... I have NO expeirnce at all. (hint hint thrill_biscuit)

You might be on to something there, Original!

Typhoons.png

• Like 5

All from the original 2004 era Boomerang Bay

Tasmanian Typhoon

Coolangatta Racers

Down Under Thunder

Sydney Sidewinder

Snowy River Rampage

Crocodile Run

Great Barrier Reef

Awesome Aussie Twisters

Jackaroo Landing