Haunt/Hallow weekends question

khaoskat

I have not been to Haunt in over 8 years...and we have friends who want to go to King's Island. They are going for the purpose of riding rides, not necessarily the haunted attractions.

That being said..they are look at the weekend of the 21st, either Friday or Sunday. Saturday is out because they have an event they have to be at at like 8 am till about 6 pm.

How are rides typically and what generally is closed, from past experience on Friday nights. I know no one can predict 100%, but I know after so many years, that there is some general things.

Everyone will be driving from Dayton and then back.

Would you recommend Friday vs Sunday or Sunday vs Friday. I know Sunday is more of a kids day and the kids area is fuller because of it.

Thanks,

Yea I know they are not putting out details, as I am planning a trip for a tri-state Sci Fi club trip to KI in October, and it is been hard to do more than select a date because I cannot give details about Fast Passes, Haunt attractions, ticket prices or anything.

And I have read the stuff on their page about the kids stuff in Soak City and it just sounds like a repeat of previous years, but yet again in a new location....I just hope CP doesn't change their kids stuff, my kids love toe Boo Hill and the candy at the end...would hate to have to pay to go through the Dino's ... again!!!

Guest TombraiderTy

Given how reluctant KI has been with the HH info (on FB), I suspect they are still finalizing the operating ride details.

I personally would go on a Sunday to experience all the rides. Going on a Friday, you may experience a good handful of closed rides.

The only rides that have been closed on a Friday night in past years are Planet Snoopy, the water rides, Viking Fury, Thunder Alley, and the Grand Carousel (alongside possibly the Eiffel Tower - it was open some Haunt nights last year). You really wouldn't miss anything.

If no one in your party cares for the haunted houses or Halloween atmosphere, I'd suggest visiting on Sunday - although Planet Snoopy will be more crowded, the remainder of the park will have smaller crowds than it would on a Haunt night.

I actually had somewhat of the same question. Our group is visiting on the 29th of this month (Saturday). While we're mainly going for the rides, we may venture into some of the mazes. But what I was wondering, are there rides that operate before haunt hours? I thought I read somewhere that Planet Snoopy was open during the day before haunt hours, so are there any other rides that this applies to as well, or is this totally wrong? I've noticed on the haunt site that Viking Fury, and Flight Deck are not listed on the rides, but wasn't sure if maybe that was just featured rides.

If your just wanting rides, go on a sunday (just like having lunch, its best to be early). If you and your group want to have a few scares, go to the Haunt

(If you want to get scared, the haunted house is just cut-outs now, no blue scary phantoms anymore)

I've noticed on the haunt site that Viking Fury, and Flight Deck are not listed on the rides, but wasn't sure if maybe that was just featured rides.

Viking Fury does not operate, as Cut Throat Cove (a pirate-themed Haunt) utilizes the exit of VF for its queue. Flight Deck operates, but the enterance is hard to find. Club Blood, a club atmosphere Haunt, takes up some of the beginning queues. To access Flight Deck, you must walk down the exit and enter the line at the halfway point. They post a sign and open a path to use.

September 22nd will likely be far, far less crowded than October 27th. Even though both are Saturdays, the second is much closer to Halloween. By the later date, the scareactor count will, if the past is any indication, be at its lowest of the Haunt season, but the lines will be at their longest. I highly suggest September 22nd.

• Like 1