Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror

coasterfanatic83

Maintenance...you're refrencing the up keep of fog machines. Correct? This is extremely easy and any proper person can maintain one easily. In fact, one cleaning method that A LOT of haunts use is simple mix of white distilled vinegar and water ran through the machine...completely cleans the unit AND "de-gums" it for future use.

Happy Haunting...

• Like 2

If you're using oil based (old school) fog machines and fog juice...then yes, it 'can' be corrosive. However, there are NEW brands of fog from companies like Froggy's Fog who produces THICK, long lasting fog that is non-toxic, non-corrosive and most importantly, NON-ALERGENIC! lol. If an entertainment venue is having problems like this then they are living/operating in the past and need to upgrade. Just saying...

Happy Haunting...

Tanna, just a note. Fog/smoke used in film production is not the same as what comes out of a fog machine. A lot of times what's used is a odorless, tasteless, non-toxic chemical whose fumes make the fog. However, ANY fog in heavy amounts will severely dry out contact lenses, almost instantly. Most on set fog comes from "bee smokers"...which is known to "mess" with some people. Oil based fog however is corrosive.

Terp, if expense/hassle of something as simple as fog is an issue...I'd hate to see what happens to other issues. Just thinking out loud...

Happy Haunting...

Terp, if expense/hassle of something as simple as fog is an issue...I'd hate to see what happens to other issues. Just thinking out loud...

See TR:TR or Adventure Express. Those rides used to have fog. But it rusted the materials far too fast. Which is why there is no longer fog on AE, and why there was no fog on TR:TR or The Crypt till it closed.

• Like 1

See TR:TR or Adventure Express. Those rides used to have fog. But it rusted the materials far too fast. Which is why there is no longer fog on AE, and why there was no fog on TR:TR or The Crypt till it closed.

Both used to have another corrosive material--water. Yet that has since been removed. The majority of us do not know what kind of fog they used or not, so fog might not have been an issue.

You can also add The Italian Jobs to your list.

I'm intrigued.

Terp, Young Kesey fan. Well, that and Tom Robbins. Just another roadside attraction.

I don't know if I wanna go there. It was a party....

The fog used at KI doesn't bother me in the least, though I'm sure it's an irritant to other park goers. The fog used on the "Not to touch the Earth" segment in the film was oil based, as I was told so. I was having real problems with my contacts, and was told by a stagehand to take them out NOW. When I pulled them out, they were melted and perforated. He had said they were using an oil based fog.

I don't think any park would take the risk of using such a product at Halloween.

^ THIS. Madame Fatale's HANDS DOWN has the best set of any house or trail at KI, bar none. Combined with the talented scareactors that know how to utilize their surroundings, it's the best house I've ever been through at KI. The whole experience really doesn't start adding up until you reach the antechamber and (former) preshow room, but once it starts, it's a doozy. As expected, the duration of the haunt is on the floor of the former ride chamber, and, though it never gets any farther than halfway through the room, it's so good that it never feels short. It's literally the sort of haunt you see advertised in Cedar Fair's TV commercials--detailed walls, flickering lights, believable props (which don't look like they were purchased from a generic catalogue of Halloween props, unlike several other haunts), and intense scares. By far, Cavern of Terror isn't to be missed if you're a Halloween Haunt fan, and it sets the bar high for future additions.

As I predicted, Freak Street gained Nightmare Alley's old theme, and Nightmare Alley became a generic dumping ground for roamers that don't fit anywhere else. Except, y'know, it was empty from what I saw tonight. Grimm Blvd. is refreshingly unique and tends towards a Victorian/steampunk look for its scareactors.

Don't really know what else to say for right now since I'm completely pooped; I'll likely type up a TR sometime over this weekend.

• Like 5

^ THIS. Madame Fatale's HANDS DOWN has the best set of any house or trail at KI, bar none. Combined with the talented scareactors that know how to utilize their surroundings, it's the best house I've ever been through at KI. The whole experience really doesn't start adding up until you reach the antechamber and (former) preshow room, but once it starts, it's a doozy. As expected, the duration of the haunt is on the floor of the former ride chamber, and, though it never gets any farther than halfway through the room, it's so good that it never feels short. It's literally the sort of haunt you see advertised in Cedar Fair's TV commercials--detailed walls, flickering lights, believable props (which don't look like they were purchased from a generic catalogue of Halloween props, unlike several other haunts), and intense scares. By far, Cavern of Terror isn't to be missed if you're a Halloween Haunt fan, and it sets the bar high for future additions.

You just got me VERY excited for when I make it up there this upcoming Friday. I am a bit upset by the length of the house, but then again, the room is huge. Just PLEASE, do not give away

spoilers!

If you must, do so using the spoiler button. I am looking forward to this experience and don't want it spoiled!

• Like 1

You just got me VERY excited for when I make it up there this upcoming Friday. I am a bit upset by the length of the house, but then again, the room is huge. Just PLEASE, do not give away

spoilers!

If you must, do so using the spoiler button. I am looking forward to this experience and don't want it spoiled!

Same here on being excited. No spoilers, please!

• Like 3

I honestly think it was the best one the park has had in a very long time. It definitely is my favorite. I was really hoping they would do a good job with it considering they would have a full year to prepare for it. I was blown away by the maze and definitely will be doing it again. I didn’t feel like it was a generic maze at a theme park. It had its own unique atmosphere and was really well planned. It is by far my favorite maze at the park and hope they keep it around for many seasons.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...