2012 Halloween Haunt Lineup Announced!

Hmmm. KD, CP, Scarowinds. All busy. I much preferred the last. I have knott been to the Southern California one, others here have. Although it is reportedly FUN's best boo event, I am very unlikely to ever attend it, as my time in that area always finds me at other, magical lands.

Believe or not, I've been to BGW's Boo Event several times, and adore it. It appears I may be headed there soon, and perhaps far more often, along with Dorney, Great Advencha, Hershey, Knobel's Amusement Resort, etc.

Life, an ever changing diorama...enjoy it, while we can.

• Like 3

Just a few question, has anyone been to Haunts at other Cedar Fair parks? Are the mazes elsewhere the same, better, worse? And lastly what are the crowds like? :) thanks!

CP's cornstalkers IMO blows KI's cornstalkers out of the water & past the boat fishing near by.

• Like 1

^They can't clear out the tables because of Potato Works? They clear out all of Action Stunt Crew Grill for Slaughterhouse. If they wanted to close Potato Works and expand Tombstone's line, they definitely have the option.

Will they use they old Crypt enterance because I have a hard time figuring out how that will fit in the early part of the theme maybe later but not for the very beginning.

Just by the description alone, it sounds as if they're going for an old-school tourist trap or boardwalk attraction of days past:

A uniquely-themed facade overlooking the midway enticing passersby to enter. Same concept can be used for the Crypt's entrance.

Blaspheme to touch the Potato Works!

Looking at those Bill Tracy funhouses reminds me how much fun those tourist traps are!

• Like 2

I was just thinking about how they let everyone in; does anyone else think they should have an age limit - not a RECOMMENDED age to go, but an actual rule where they can reject kids under 13?

Also, who was it that did the whole Halloween Haunt history on here? It's a current poster, I know that. I want to see that topic again!

Edit: Nevermind I found it!

That reaches into discrimination territory, a spot you do not want to be in unless you want to end up in a lawsuit. There are those who have started preschool who can handle a haunted house better than those who have finished college.

If anything, the parents are the ones more at fault for either dropping their kids off by themselves or dragging them kicking and screaming into a haunted house. It's one thing for a parent to allow you to console a crying youngling if they had too much; it's another when the parent decides to yell at you because you're in the vicinity of their bawling child and they begin freaking out all over again. The latter is infuriating to a monster, and in those moments I completely forgo the child and go straight for the parent.

• Like 3

I just get really mad when I see six year old girls at Haunt. Last year, a mom was holding her daughter when a scarer came up and scared the young girl. The mom said, "What do you think you're doing, scaring a little girl?" The scarer did the right thing and gave the girl a hug, and it all ended well. But you really expect your child to not be scared at Halloween Haunt?

KI recommends Haunt for people 13+. It would be difficult to enforce this age limit, since children who are "old enough" may not be carrying ID. And, as others have said, age and maturity don't always go hand-in-hand. KI can't be a substitute parent.

Knott's new upcharge Haunt maze has an age limit of 18, and presumably ID is checked for people who look close to 18. If an attraction at KI is added that's only appropriate for adults, checking ID would be a very good thing.

You know, a great fix for the age thing would to charge extra for HH. Just like KI did in the beginning days of Fearfest, clear out the park and start a new each night for haunt. I mean, I haven't seen as many "kids" at HHN like I've seen at Haunt. Just sayin'...I know this may NEVER happen and I know it's been discussed before. But just a thought...

Happy Haunting...

They said they are still working out the details of their meal plans and that they are also going to have 2 this year.

The meal options are now listed on the Haunt site; both meals start at 5:30pm. Interestingly, the new option is a pricy dining experience tied to the new Madam Fatale house. There's no mention of where the meal is served, but I'm assuming it's in the International Restaurant unless a dining room was built in the Crypt building. In any case, it's nice to see a "fine dining" option available at KI again, even if it's only a limited experience during Haunt.

Also notably, the "Backyard Barbecue" (Fright Feast) is only $9.99 during Haunt, presumably priced low to tempt those who would otherwise dine before coming to the park. This might be a compelling option for a KIC Day at Haunt, if one ends up happening, especially if there's an extra season pass discount.

Fright Feast ($9.99) - Purchase this all-you-can-eat picnic meal in our Ghoulish Picnic Grove and enjoy tasty morsels such as Montgomery Inn Pulled Pork BBQ, Grilled Chicken Breast, Hot Dogs, Baked Beans, Potato Salad, Cookies and Soft Drinks. And for just $9.99, this is a meal worth screaming about! Available every Friday and Saturday night of Haunt (except September 22). Meal Time: 5:30pm - 7:30pm

Madame Fatale's Dead Inn Feast ($48.99) - New for 2012! Be one of the lucky few to experience this meal that is to die for. Madame Fatale likes to treat her special guests to exquisite fare, with dishes that include Chicken Marsala, Beef Medallions, Stuffed Mushrooms, Pasta and Sweet Temptations, served family style. After dinner, Madame Fatale invites you for a tour of her re-opened Museum of Oddities and Wax. An experience like none other at Halloween Haunt! Available every Friday and Saturday night of Haunt (except September 22). Meal Time: 5:30pm - 6:30. Seating is limited.

I renember that prop! Personally, I really dont like being scared. I just go to the haunt for some final last-of-the-season rides. But I really like halloween, and I like how much effort that they put into the haunt, lots of detail. I liked the "dutch" people who had the big skirts, they would follow you around/circle you then lien in real close and just when you thought they would scream, they would just blow on you and run away (around the front gate). It made me laugh.

Someone told me that they liked the people that would wear big trench coats and they would have metal "knee pads" and they would run up behind you and fall on their "knee pads" and they would slide. Does anyone know abot these that could tell me a little more about them? They sound really cool. How do tose "knee pads" work?

I renember that prop! Personally, I really dont like being scared. I just go to the haunt for some final last-of-the-season rides. But I really like halloween, and I like how much effort that they put into the haunt, lots of detail. I liked the "dutch" people who had the big skirts, they would follow you around/circle you then lien in real close and just when you thought they would scream, they would just blow on you and run away (around the front gate). It made me laugh.

Someone told me that they liked the people that would wear big trench coats and they would have metal "knee pads" and they would run up behind you and fall on their "knee pads" and they would slide. Does anyone know abot these that could tell me a little more about them? They sound really cool. How do tose "knee pads" work?

Those would be the Creepers. And the knee pads are just standard knee pads with a small metal plate added to make the sparks. However I do not believe they are doing the metal plates anymore due to some safety hazard or something.

• Like 1

Hey guys! I was just reading through this because I will be going to Haunt on Friday (I havent been in the area around Haunt Season for at least 6 years). I joined the group to make a few comments and ask a few questions.

1. I was wondering what the policy is for photography at Kings Island haunt? I am a photographer and Usual take pics of rides, in scarezones, etc I know that photography isnt allowed in mazes and I understand why, but do they allow them in Scarezones or fearzones (whatever Kings Island Calls there open air scare areas) and shows?

2. Do they have places on the ride docks to put small camera bags while you are on the rides or should i expect to bring money/coins for single use lockers? I havent been to Kings Island in about 10 years haha!

3. this next comment is commenting on the conversation TombraiderTY, flightoffear1996, and ringmaster had about halloween horror nights. As it has been my hang out for the passed 4 Haunt Season I know quite a bit about this event and am kinda obssessed (explains my name right?). The queue line that was put up in that picture is because the house was in a soundstage and there is absolutely no queue lines predesignated for sound stages. if that queue fills up completely then yes it is an ungodly wait haha but I have only seen that happen on a few saturdays late in the event. Everyone says the wait time average about 2 hours but it is a LITTLE exaggeration. Yes i have seen line 2-3 hours but very rarely. and AVERAGE wait time over the whole season (I was a fearpass holder last year so i went at least twice a week) but I usually saw lines about 45 minute to an hour in length average over the entire season, however i have seen lines as long as 3-4 hours and as short as 5-10 minutes the earlier in the season you go the shorter the wait times. Late Sept early Oct on thursdays is the absolute best time to go the best house are max 25 minutes and as little as a "walk in". you are right the line constantly moves (me and my buddy always joke in the houses saying its a conga line and start humming the conga line music which then makes guests around us start to laugh) and that sometimes gets annoying because you dont get every scare and miss certain things.

4. if anyone will be there this friday (opening day) let me know and maybe we can meet up!

2. Do they have places on the ride docks to put small camera bags while you are on the rides or should i expect to bring money/coins for single use lockers? I havent been to Kings Island in about 10 years haha!

Most rides have unsecured bins you can place articles in before riding. I would advise against putting valuables in these bins; you should have these securely stored in a cargo pocket or placed into a locker. Hourly lockers are available in several places throughout the park - in Coney Mall, X-Base, and Rivertown. All-day lockers are available near the front gate. Small hourly lockers cost $1/hour with a $2 minimum charge, and small all-day lockers cost $12. All the lockers are controlled through computer kiosks, so credit/debit cards are accepted.

EDIT: got the hourly locker info wrong; corrected it. Thanks TheCrypt.

If you have your camera in a bag that doesn't attract too much attention, you could take the risk and leave it in the bin. Just know that you are taking a risk of having it stolen.

4. if anyone will be there this friday (opening day) let me know and maybe we can meet up! feel free to text me just let me know you got my number from this forum my number is 407-(deleted)

You shouldn't post a phone number on a public forum like this. Instead, ask people who want to meet you to PM you here, and you can give out your number individually. You can edit your post to take out the number.

• Like 1

1. I was wondering what the policy is for photography at Kings Island haunt? I am a photographer and Usual take pics of rides, in scarezones, etc I know that photography isnt allowed in mazes and I understand why, but do they allow them in Scarezones or fearzones (whatever Kings Island Calls there open air scare areas) and shows?

Yes for both shows and fear zones/scare zones/whatever they're called. Just be prepared for the possibility of a monster two inches from your face when you take the camera away (you probably already have one, but this is where I would recommend a secure wrist or neck strap in case you drop the camera when you get startled).

Most rides, yes. Firehawk is the lone exception. On that coaster, only flip-flops, prescription glasses, and souvenir cups can be left in the station, and other loose objects like camera bags are not permitted in line. You can leave your camera with a non-rider or rent a locker by the hour immediately outside the entrance. Last time I checked, a small locker was $1/hour with a minimum 2-hour rental, but that's changed a few times this season. Firehawk also has horrible capacity and thus long waits, so be prepared to wait an hour or more even on a fairly slow day.

thanks Malem and jcgoble3 for the info! I took the number off malem, and jcgoble3 in regards to "Just be prepared for the possibility of a monster two inches from your face when you take the camera away (you probably already have one, but this is where I would recommend a secure wrist or neck strap in case you drop the camera when you get startled).", that has happened to me numerous times at horror nights and howl o scream and never been startled, i know to expect them haha! I dont get scared at these things, I am a theatrical designer/technician so I just like going to see the set creations, makeup, and show quality haha

Most rides have unsecured bins you can place articles in before riding. I would advise against putting valuables in these bins; you should have these securely stored in a cargo pocket or placed into a locker. Hourly lockers are available in several places throughout the park - in Coney Mall, X-Base, and Rivertown. All-day lockers are available near the front gate. Small hourly lockers cost $2/hour but can only be opened once, and small all-day lockers cost $12. All the lockers are controlled through computer kiosks, so credit/debit cards are accepted.

The bolded section is incorrect. There are no more single-use, $1 lockers in the park anymore (save for the miniscule few just outside Coney Mall's main enterance), as they have been updated to the electronic lockers that cost $1/hour. However, the minimum number of hours you must purchase is 2 (equalling a total of $2 for a 2 hour rental). These lockers can be opened and closed as many times as you would like. Remember that when you are done, make sure you hold the "End Rental" button. They are also very strict, from what I've seen, about leaving articles in lockers over the selected timeframe. Articles WILL BE CONFISCATED.