The Haunting Question

fanofFirehawk

I have a question about the haunt. First of all I have never done any haunted house (unless the one at Disney world counts) and I am going with a few of my freind most likely with Fast Lane (my birthday). I was wondering what are some good starting haunted houses that aren't as scary and what are the ones the are terrifying.

• Like 1

None scare me, either, but they are a lot of fun. ToT was one of the best, I really enjoyed it. I think Tombstone Terrortory was much better when it was based on the headless horseman, but that's just my humble opinion. The first year my oldest went to Halloween Haunt (then, FearFest) we did Headless Hollow, and it was a very chilly night. The fog was so thick back on the WWC paths that you literally could not see your hand in front of your face. Awesome.

A quick rundown on my take of the mazes: (I won't try to rate the scare factor because to me they all have zero scare factor, lol)

CarnEvil: Love the blacklight effects, and clowns can be creepy as he||.

Club Blood: Despite the scantily-clad girls, an extremely annoying maze. Probably because I was never into the "club scene."

Cornstalkers: This once-a-scarezone has had several locations, with Tower Gardens its home for the past few years. The many tombstones allow for plenty of hiding places for scarers. (Side note: my best experience in this one was the 19-20 year old boy who was dressed like a thug screaming at everything and hiding behind his girlfriend, lol)

Cut Throat Cove: I love pirates, so this is one I enjoy each year. One of the least "scary" in my opinion.

Holiday Horror: I LOVED the small scarezone this started as in Coney Maul, the full maze is kinda fun, with the Easter bunny being my favorite part.

Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror: Brand new, will probably be the first one I hit this year to see how they utilized the Crypt's former home.

Massacre Manor: Meh.

Mysteria: The closest thing to my all-time favorite maze, the long-gone Hysteria. I love the strobes, chain link, plastic sheeting, and fog. Love the feeling of a mental institution taken over by the patients...

Slaughter House: Gore is not scary. But if you love gore, you'll love this.

Tombstone Terrortory: See above. One of the more fun mazes, though.

Urgent Scare: it was a decent enough maze, nothing to scream home about.

And finally, Wolf Pack: I liked the various wolves, and using the SoB station made it kinda fun.

Yeah, so that's my take. Agree or disagree, we all have our opinions, lol. My advice? Just go, and HAVE FUN! Oh, and try to have at least one person who gets scared easily. Tell some of the people in costume the easily-scared person's name and the haunt members will freak them out by calling them by name, lol.

• Like 6

Out of all the mazes, I got REALLY scared on Holiday Horror!!! I know, I know... it doesn't seem that scary but the actors kept jumping out of places and the costumes were so creepy and the music really adds to the mood!!!! Plus, theres a giant pysco easter bunny which is scary times 1000000!!! But my all time favorite is Slaughter House. Most people think its scary but I just love it. The actors are really good and the props are really cool. Really, you can't go wrong with any of the mazes!!! Enjoy and HAVE FUN!!!! :)

• Like 4