Fire Up the Night

CoastersRZ

Coney Island will be hosting an international Fireworks competition on Saturday, September 22nd. Teams from the US, Canada and Mexico will be competing in the competition.

The competitiors in the competition will be Alonzo Fireworks (Albany, New York, USA), Sirius Pyrotechnics (Montreal, Canada), and Lux Pirotecnia (Mexico City, Mexico). After those three compete (at 9:00pm, 9:20pm and 9:40pm), Rozzi`s Famous Fireworks will provide the grand finale at 10pm.

Plus, enjoy Coney`s classic rides all night long. The gates open at 5pm.

There will also be a Yuengling Party in the pool. Sunlite Pool will be EMPTY so you can party IN THE POOL and enjoy...

• ‘Sunburners' Steel Drum Party Band 5:00-9:00
  • Craft Beer Tasting from 5:00-7:00
  • Incendium Arts Fire Troupe - World-Class Fire Spinning Dancing - on Sunlite Pool Island at 7:45 & 8:45

The event is sponsored by Dr. Pepper. Pricing is $20 per car load, and includes admission to Coney`s classic rides. Coney Island season pass holders can get admission for $15 per car. No coolers or picnic baskets are permitted for this event, and pricing applied to normal passenger vehicles only. (Excludes RVs, buses, and large capacity vans).

I look forward to seeing some of you there that night! I will be working that day, likely as a rides manager, but maybe jumping in to help run rides as staffing levels dictate.

See you at Coney on September 22nd for

Fire

Up the

Night

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I`m not sure if anyone made it out to Fire Up the Night on Saturday. The fireworks displays were awesome. Canada actually won out of the three countries.

The park was PACKED. It was actualyl the busiest I have EVER seen the rides side in my eleven seasons working at Coney. There were huge lines for not only the rides, but restauarants (with reports of them running out of food throughout the night) and lines for both the mens and womens restrooms!

I think it is safe to say that this event will be returning to Coney Island next fall.

• Like 1

I`m not sure if anyone made it out to Fire Up the Night on Saturday. The fireworks displays were awesome. Canada actually won out of the three countries.

The park was PACKED. It was actualyl the busiest I have EVER seen the rides side in my eleven seasons working at Coney. There were huge lines for not only the rides, but restauarants (with reports of them running out of food throughout the night) and lines for both the mens and womens restrooms!

I think it is safe to say that this event will be returning to Coney Island next fall.

I was working the SweetMaize Kettle Corn, and we never ran out of popcorn before!

It was definitely bigger than any of the BallonGlows!

Did not see or hear anything about a new addition for CI next year.

Also, did not see any construction underway:(.

pilotank

• Like 1

I was there and I've never seen it that busy, either. Luckily, my group found some seating next to the Scrambler to get a front-row view of the fireworks. I only managed to get in two rides that night, but had fun anyway. Walking through the party in the pool was surreal. I'd go again if this event returns next year.

• Like 1