First Time Haunter. I Haz Questions.

JohnnyRingo

Probably not smart to flip off everyone with your avatar.

That said, I have heard it is exhausting. I've been told it's some of the most fun you can have working.

Many are encouraged to come up with their own scare tactics. Some use noise makers and other things that startle guests. Be creative. Be creepy. Always be in character.

Have fun!

• Like 5

^THANK YOU SNOWMAN^

JohnnyRingo- We like new members, and try to help each other out. And we would appriciate if you dont hurt all of the KIC family's feelings. People won't want to leave feedback, or help you out as much when we are offended by your avatar. Most people use your avatar to visualize you, and what kind of person you are. And it's not giving a good impression on yourself. I suggest you change it A.S.A.P for the good of yourself, and the KIC family.

• Like 10

Hey folks,

So I just got hired as an actor and I'm assigned to Slaughterhouse. I'm a first timer and have never visited the Haunt. I would like to hear from both sides, employees AND visitors.

1. What am I to expect as a performer?

2. What is Slaughterhouse like? What is like to work in and what is it like to visit?

Thanks,

Ringo

1. Given the fact that you've done haunted houses before, there isn't a whole lot different with working at Haunt, unless they put you in a fear zone. At some point during your rehearsals, you and your crew will walk through other mazes as a test audience, and the same will occur with you when people from other mazes will walk through yours as a test audience. Expect to be more aggressive in your scares than other mazes. Slaughterhouse is known for having the most aggressive and wild crew team of individuals at the event, with people running through the attraction rather than casually walking. If you're stationed in the middle of the haunt, keep that in mind as you have a choice of either aiding in keeping those people running through, or stopping them in their tracks and making their walk-through a living hell.

2. Slaughterhouse is the goriest maze Haunt has to offer, and is set up in Stunt Crew Grill in Action Zone. A lot of bloody props and scenic elements. The theme is exactly what you'd expect - a trek through a butcher shop that specializes in human meat. Most of the maze is either bathed in red light or shot up with strobe lights. Take the advice from #1 on what it's like to work in and apply it to a normal visit.

• Like 1

Us in slawter hous are 1 crazie family we r the rowdyst buncha peple at haunt we likes 2 takes da peple on a tor of da hous n sum of dem dont make it out cos we keep dem 4 food sos we dont go hungrie mama likes 2 keep us wel fed its alot of fun wurking ther welcom 2 da family!!!!

Sam

EDIT: I am so sorry for this post. Somehow Sam hacked into my account. I probably left it open on this topic and he felt the need to respond to a new family member. Please forgive him, because reading and writing are not necessarily skills that Mama felt were important for her boys to learn, so he doesn't understand the need for proper grammar and abiding by the TOS. For those of you that need a translation of what he wanted to say:

Those of us who work in Slaughter House are one crazy family. We are the rowdiest bunch of people at Haunt. We like to give people a tour of the house, but some of them don't make it out because we keep them for food so that we don't go hungry. Mama likes to keep us well fed. Its a lot of fun working there. Welcome to the family!!!!

- Sam

Once again, please accept my apologies. I will try to insure that this doesn't happen again, but you never know when Sam might appear again. He's just getting very excited that he gets to come out and play next weekend!

- XGatorHead

Edited by XGatorHead 8904
  • Like 16

Thank you, RingMaster for you super informative response. It was exactly what I was looking for.

For everyone else, I edited this because I attempted to make a joke that was misunderstood and offended others. I accept full responsibilty for this. I never intended to anger anyone. But being a new member, I understand that my humor and general tone is not yet known to fellow members.

On another note, so everyone is caught up, my previous avatar was of a 1950's style caricature of a man giving the middle finger. My intention was not to "flick off" every member of the forum. It was just a pic I found that I thought was funny. Like I said, I am new to message boards and I didnt consider how certain images can and will effect people differently.

My apologies again. Like I said, I am a new hire to Halloween Haunt.. and my only goal is to provide the audience with the best scare they've ever had.

Ringo

• Like 1

As for the rest of overly sensitive responders, please refer to my avatar for my thoughts about you being offended.

You seem to be aware that you're not the only park employee who reads this forum. Flipping off other readers might not be the best career move.

Also see the section in the terms of service of this site about "respect".

Just so everyone knows (and please forgive if this is overkill). I edited my previous response, but I really want to start out on a clean slate.. So I wanna make sure everyone sees this.

I attempted to make a joke that was misunderstood and offended others. I accept full responsibilty for this. I never intended to anger anyone. But being a new member, I understand that my humor and general tone is not yet known to fellow members.

On another note, so everyone is caught up, my previous avatar was of a 1950's style caricature of a man giving the middle finger. My intention was not to "flick off" every member of the forum. It was just a pic I found that I thought was funny. Like I said, I am new to message boards and I didnt consider how certain images can and will effect people differently.

My apologies again. Like I said, I am a new hire to Halloween Haunt.. and my only goal is to provide the audience with the best scare they've ever had.

Ringo

• Like 5

^^Gator, has Mama been the same actress every year that Slaughterhouse has been open? I believe she is, and she is great at what she does!

No and yes.

No in the sense that the first year of Slaughter House, 2009, there was no Mama. But yes, the same person has been Mama since 2010. I agree, she is a great addition to the cast and really helped the story of Slaughter House come together. Everything just seemed to gel in the house when she came on board.

I can't wait until next week for our family reunion! :D

• Like 6