How rumors get started

SonofBaconator

This year I've heard multiple rumors about Kings Island as well as the other Cedar Fair Parks. For example, when KD showed their space shuttle teaser on facebook, people left their comments saying things about Planet Snoopy. I'm curious as to how people come up with these assumptions. My question is, just like the topic title, how do rumors get started?

According to a friend at school, who heard this from a "worker", in 2014, KI is making The Beast Unlimited, combing the best elements of both The Beast and Son of Beast. I tell him I can't believe him, and that most workers don't even know about the parks future. Of course, he still believes The Beast Unlimited will come in 2014.

A certain kind of employee usually to be specific, a Dippin Dots guy. Also by random people just saying random things about a park.

The Dippin' Dots guy and Never to forget the Flight Deck man.

LOL!!! He said a new giga for 2014 cant wait! ;):lol:

I've noticed that several rumors start as enthusiast speculation that is taken as fact. Take a look at old posts on sites like PointBuzz, and you'll see that Maverick was all but confirmed as an Intamin Aquatrax back in 2006.

Also, did you guys hear they're going to extend Flight Deck and give it floorless Vekoma trains?

• Like 1

I heard they were moving the space spiral from Cedar Point to Kings Island tomorrow.

Totally! They even used the best method possible to ensure structural integrity during transport...

while we're talking about space spiral, why couldn't they just send it to another park?

SS was a maintenance nightmare and was rarely open. The carriage was ridiculously hot, and it was in general an unpopular attraction.

I heard they were moving the space spiral from Cedar Point to Kings Island tomorrow.

Totally! They even used the best method possible to ensure structural integrity during transport...

while we're talking about space spiral, why couldn't they just send it to another park?

SS was a maintenance nightmare and was rarely open. The carriage was ridiculously hot, and it was in general an unpopular attraction.

It was cool to see the holder shoot up right before it crashed though ;)