CF and Columbus Zoo to Support "PassBook" in iOS6

The interesting thing is that it says the new Pass Book functions more like a rewards/loyalty card holde. You can`t directly pay for things with this program (and that thought just seems a little scary).

I wonder if they are going to be rolling out FunPerks to all their parks next season, and utilizing this software as a way to redeem the perks? Certainly food for thought. I think we will see FunPerks continue at Kings Island and expand. Hopefully, they will make the system chain wide, so things purchased at other Cedar Fair parks count towards your FunPerks total. Especially since I know I`m going to make a visit or two to Cedar Point next summer, and hopefully a visit to Kings Dominion.

The way I understand Passbook is that you'll be able to load purchased tickets, gift cards, etc. into a type of virtual wallet so that everything is available in one place. However, considering the "guest loyalty" functionality, it definitely seems like a good way to manage FunPerks as well.

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios6/#passbook

You could put your season pass barcode into an app like this already and use it for FUN Perks, as long as you could convince cashiers to scan your phone. What they will most likely support is loading tickets onto the "pass book", so that people don't have to waste paper.

You're still going to want to print out your tickets, lest an outage leave you at the gate without a ticket in-hand. See what happened to United travelers relying on an electronic boarding pass when United's website went down for a few hours. Since Cedar Fair relies on signatures for multi-day tickets, presumably paperless won't even be an option for all.

Now, if only making ticket purchases was possible from these devices that don't support Flash, Accesso would really be taking a step forward. This does have the nice side effect of protecting full gate price revenue by making it really hard to buy discounted tickets when not at home. Or at home, even. Typing a credit card number into a Flash object hosted on an unencrypted web page is really bad form.