Thunder Alley could be no more...

McSalsa

I echo Ronny`s sentiments. Thanks for sharing those pictures! I always love seeing construction pictures of the park, especially ones like that which show the history of the park and how things have changed over the years.

The Ferris Wheel in that pictures is an Eli Bridge model. I know all about those types of rides!

• Like 1

Yes , I can go round and round about those. They are such classic rides. But capacity monsters they are not. They are horrendous for being slow loaders. On a good Saturday at Coney, it can take upwards of ten minutes to load the twelve seat Ferris Wheel. If you figure about 3 people per seat (that is high as there will be quite a few couples), then thats only 36 people per ride. Multiply that by six cycles an hour, and you get an approximate hourly capacity of about 216 per hour.

Glad you guys like the pics! I really wish my dad had taken more when we went when I was a kid, but he was a rider through and through and since his cameras were the bigger SLR cameras, he wouldn't trust leaving them when riding, so he rarely took them.

• Like 1

Thunder Alley is no longer offered as a reward on FUN Perks.

But the VIP fireworks viewing is still there, and we know that there are no fireworks during Haunt. So logic dictates that Thunder Alley was not removed simply because the season for that attraction is over, because if that was the case, the fireworks viewing would be gone as well. Thus, I suspect that we may indeed have seen the last of Thunder Alley.

• Like 2

Thunder Alley is no longer offered as a reward on FUN Perks.

But the VIP fireworks viewing is still there, and we know that there are no fireworks during Haunt. So logic dictates that Thunder Alley was not removed simply because the season for that attraction is over, because if that was the case, the fireworks viewing would be gone as well. Thus, I suspect that we may indeed have seen the last of Thunder Alley.

Thats a good point. If that is the case (which I hope it is), then next year Action Zone will literally have nothing. But, we might have a sweet surprise the following year!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I noticed at the park Saturday that Thunder Alley's cars are all parked out by Firehawk and the maintenance area, not in their usual spot in the station or around the ride. This could be because they're removing the ride. Or preparing for maintenance. But at least to my knowledge this seems a little unusual.

• Like 2

There are also quite a few park benches, any one of which is better than Ninja at Six Flags Over Georgia, and an extreme upcharge attraction.

Even the benches in the designated smoking area by Skyflyer?

At Kings Island, everywhere is a smoking area. But they all aren't designated.

Yes. I noticed this during Haunt.

Sorry, even if it's a cigar, which dictates not smashing it into a tray to put it out, but to let the fire go out naturally, you stay in the Smokee Smokee area until the cigar is not longer Smokee Smokee.

At the bumper cars, I pulled out my cigarettes, offered one to my cousin, and then said, "Oh, I forgot, we'll get kicked out for smoking in line." The fume factory was right in front of me.

"Oh rilly?"

"Rilly."

• Like 1

Don was on Fox 19 last Friday morning, talking about the last weekend of Haunt, Ed Alonzo returning next year, and a new show. Since the Thunder Alley cars are now back by Firehawk, I'm thinking TA will be on its way outta hear next year. So, I thought it would make perfect sense to see a Luminosity type show (As mentioned before) in Thunder Alleys spot next year.

• Like 4