Thunder Alley could be no more...

McSalsa

If KI were to put in a Luminosity show, I would hate to have a 6th stage of entertainment. I have thought this over and over, should they use the International Showcase which fits well with the layout of the current model at CP. A few upgrades to an existing facility, and boom a new show.

A few ideas for that concept - Take out ALL the bleachers.. I have never seen it full in years. Make the bowl tiered with picnic tables for seating. They could get rid of the sea of tables just outside of the showcase at Chic-fil-a, Ice Cream, and Planet Snoopy Grill. People will tend to stay and eat while a show is going on = Revenue. Then the stage can be used for day shows and the nighttime extravaganza. If they could make the sun shade retract then people could see the fireworks from the same place. Add an awesome LED package to the outside and stage area - then expand that lighting to The Racer, Delirium, Invertigo, Coney Mall.

2nd option - Put Luminosity in the current fountain bandstand. Keeping in mind visual appeal with the tower behind it from front gate. Upgrade the stage to a full production stage with more room for dancers/singers. Upgrade the fountain to a WET designs style fountain that integrates with the show, but also performs throughout the day. International Street can be upgraded with new LED style lighting including the trees. Make it a true kiss goodnight. I'm not saying going full World of Color here, but look what that 1 show did for California Adventure. Show control could all be built over Tower Drinks, moving it out of the grass by the tower.

Timberwolf I think has seen its last years, 30 years old - open back bleachers for seating, NO real rigging for modern shows to speak of. That is a lot of real estate that can be used for rides and things. The facility is becoming more of a liability than a revenue maker.

I feel the addition of LED's, high tech stage, high tech lighting, renovated fountains to alter how the appear, etc all would completely ruin [what's left of] the European feel of International Street. The beautiful fountains and architecture do not need anything except spruce ups, not an entire facelift on the Street. If what you're going for is to alter how I Street looks entirely, good idea. But in my opinion, you would be destroying one of the most iconic things of Kings Island.

The path between the Bandstand and the Eiffel Tower is awfully small to put a large-scale show. It would create awful bottlenecking, making navigation through the area difficult beyond belief.

I think I would miss Ye Olde Worlde Charme, myself. I like the clear view as I walk up International Street to the Eiffel Tower. I like the feel of the air when I just get into the park, the misting and the smell of the fountains.

I honestly haven't been to Timberwolf since the eighties. Is it still set up the same way?

(Blood Drums caused some bottlenecking where it is. I like the group, but its placement causes a crowd to gather, and people have a hard time getting through. Is it possible to set the stage at a ninety degree angle to keep the aisles clear?)

I think I would miss Ye Olde Worlde Charme, myself. I like the clear view as I walk up International Street to the Eiffel Tower. I like the feel of the air when I just get into the park, the misting and the smell of the fountains.

I honestly haven't been to Timberwolf since the eighties. Is it still set up the same way?

(Blood Drums caused some bottlenecking where it is. I like the group, but its placement causes a crowd to gather, and people have a hard time getting through. Is it possible to set the stage at a ninety degree angle to keep the aisles clear?)

I think the charm of International Street has been slowly going away for quite some time now. Timberwolf hasn't really changed at all since the eighties and, as for the Blood Drums stage, you would think they'd move it elsewhere in order to avoid those problems...

Another is games. Other than pinball, Skeeball and Fascination, I doubt I've spent two dollars on park games in my life.

Those first three? Don't ask! :)

Does anyone remember the Fascination barker at Lesourdesville? I can still hear in my head- "Fass-in-AY-shun!"

I like BloodDrums where it is, it's just the angle that it's presented. That area of Haunt is pretty butch, so having that act by Slaughterhouse is good.

I do recall seeing Baryshnikov rehearsing at Timberwolf while I was in line for the Demon. There wasn't a way I could afford tickets at the time, but I always wanted to see him live. I hated the Demon but rode it twice to watch the rehearsals from the stairs.

I wish they'd return to the old style landscaping that was around the fountains, but I do love to sit with a coffee by the fountains after a tiring day, and I can't have it both ways. They've kept the buildings, and at this point, this is all I can ask for.

• Like 3

As a kid in Lesourdesville, I was vaguely frightened by the Fascination parlor. All I ever saw in there were old ladies chuffing away on Marlboros, with dour expressions on their faces. It was too much like a bingo hall. It didn't help that my friend said, "Don't go in there. They charge you money." Which, to my seven year old mind, they charged you money at the door to gape at the old ladies, like they were a sideshow.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to put Thunder Alley in the same category as eating in the park from a post I made in another thread: what if Thunder Alley were to go-karts as DB and The Beast are to roller coasters, or what DT is to flat rides...

• Like 1

I'm going to put Thunder Alley in the same category as eating in the park from a post I made in another thread: what if Thunder Alley were to go-karts as DB and The Beast are to roller coasters, or what DT is to flat rides...

Underpowered cars going in a small circle cannot and should not be compared to world class rides. TA is closer to the Great Pumpkin Coaster than DB or Beast

Then it would be at Wisconsin Dells or Gatlinburg?

Helpful Terpy.

There are some true world class Go Carts or Karts in Gatlinburg. Multiple layers, layouts etc.

Even Surf Cincinnati had a very nice Go-Kart track.

• Like 3

Underpowered cars going in a small circle cannot and should not be compared to world class rides. TA is closer to the Great Pumpkin Coaster than DB or Beast

That's why I said "what if"...

That's why I said "what if"...

I think I misread your sentence. I thought you meant that as "what if people look at Thunder alley like we look at DB" versus what if Thunder Alley were great... My B. Respectfully forgive... :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's been comfrimed via KI's Facebook page, that Thunder Alley has been retired. I'm sure it's all for the future expansion of the SOB land. Everything has a long term plan. I'm thinking that where we will see a new roller coaster station pop up. I can at least dream, and hope it comes true. ;)

• Like 6

This deserves and

It's been comfrimed via KI's Facebook page, that Thunder Alley has been retired. I'm sure it's all for the future expansion of the SOB land. Everything has a long term plan. I'm thinking that where we will see a new roller coaster station pop up. I can at least dream, and hope it comes true. ;)

This deserves an http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nONDwWZu28g

• Like 2

This sounds awful, and I'm sure it never happened at KI, but I'm always slightly horrified at go karts. There's a segment of the population that wear head scarves as their everyday dress, and I've read so many articles on scarves, as well as long hair, getting caught in go kart engines.

• 2 weeks later...