Thunder Alley could be no more...

McSalsa

Now come in guys. Lets not be pointing fingers and arguing at everyone. Everyone helps and contributes to this site in their own way. If you do not like the way someone contributes than you could point it out politely. And it's definitively not worth leaving the site if you are just not a fan of one person.

• Like 5

I just pooped a little because I laughed so hard.

Its the freakin internet...

I love you TG.

Happy New Year to you, too.

(If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem)

And Terp, I'm gonna disagree with ya on this one.

EVERYONE BE FRIENDS.

loljk

• Like 3

Complaining about what others post doesn't get you very far in a public discussion forum. Everyone has the right to post what they want, as long as they're following basic guidelines dealing with respect. As the conventional wisdom goes, if you don't like what's being posted, no one is forcing you to read it.

There has been, and there continues to be, a great deal of good discussion and quality content posted here. However, you're not going to like every post. Other contributors here may annoy you, disagree with you, or otherwise not meet your desired level of post quality. And you should still respect their right to participate in this public community.

Granted, some of the bantering here could understandably be frustrating, especially for the occasional reader. Most of us are always open to constructive criticism, so please do voice your frustrations in a positive way. After all, we do want new (and existing!) members to feel welcome and enjoy their time here. Popping in to drop criticism into a random thread solves nothing. I'll repeat what Terp wisely said: if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

A cool head and a mild appreciation of dry humor can be helpful here. Wit and a bit of silliness, especially from Terp, is a deeply entrenched tradition. We're discussing an amusement park, after all. There are plenty of other places in life for seriousness and frustration.

• Like 5

I personally have enjoyed the content added by everyone "involved", for lack of a better term.

Nemo, please quit threatening to leave. I have always greatly enjoyed your presence here!

Edit to add: I keep trying to figure a good way to say this. Henry, I took offense to your post because I had left this site before over the bickering and it Psst me off hearing a formerly active member saying that. KIC has given me much and I get annoyed at escalatory statements. I was all excited to see you posting again and then it was negative. Just a bummer for me.

• Like 5

Nemo, please quit threatening to leave. I have always greatly enjoyed your presence here!

As someone who's been posting for about a year and reading for much longer, I certainly hope his contributions don't stop. If he says he's leaving the site because of a quip by Terp, his frustrations obviously run much deeper than this particularly heated conversation.

Malem, please refrain from posting more than one paragraph. You lost my attention after the first sentence and I really do not care what else you have to say.

Gloss over it, then; long-winded posts by me are rare. Just an attempt to bring some levelheadedness to a heated debate.

Perhaps you could read that first sentence again?

Apologies for the wit.

I can definitely vouch for there being some history behind Nemo's frustration and he has good reason for it. I left for awhile because people can be ridiculous.

However, there are some salt of the Earth people on here and a ton of good content.

Probably a good time to thank a mod!

• Like 1

I wonder what rides will be made available to gold/platinum pass members for ERT in 2013? I'm personally hoping for Diamondback!

The previous sentences made for a good couple months of arguing last year. Wait for it........GO!!

April 27th!!

• Like 2

It's about "OMG THEY ARE TAKING AWAY ONE OF MY FAVORITE RIDES! NO MATTER THAT I NEVER GO ON IT ANY MORE, I HATE CHANGE! I DON'T WANT TO LOSE THE OPPORTUNITY TO RIDE THAT RIDE I DON'T RIDE ANYMORE AGAIN!"

Or never actually rode in the first place because the center of conversation in this topic was on Thunder Alley. :P

• Like 6

It saddens me with conflict that we have sometimes. Thank god this doesn't happen often. Whoever a fault this is I don't care lets not play the blame game and let's get along. This shoos off potential new members because they see rifts in this community. Oh and please don't let this turn into tpr where quanty of posts,mod, or club tpr member means your respected while if your not you get treated like dirt.

• Like 3

Well, good morning everyone.

I was just playing Majora's Mask on my N64 and came back to... this. What the hell guys? Go to your corners for a time out.

I was gone for a few hours and look what happened. This was not what I expected after beating the Woodfall temple (again more Majoras Mask stuff). Did you all really think I was leaving the site for good? I will admit, what I said in my post before this I was 100% genuine, I was done. Was I done for good? No. I was just done for the night. Yes, Terps post about "uncle crying" put me on edge because UncleHenry happens to be a very good friend of mine who I have known since 2005 and was nice enough to allow me to stay at his place this past November while I was in LA and take me to all the local parks, he even took a day off work to allow time for that. He even showed me around the city and brought me to the famous Hollywood sign. So yeah, I was a little upset my Terps comment. Many times I am annoyed by some posts many of you make on this site, but lets be honest, who at one point or another isn't put on edge by someone else's post? We all need to realize that this community is made up of different people of different opinions and ages. Yeah, johnnyilikecoasters (made up user I came up with to make a point) may be a eccentric fanboy who dislikes anyone who talks badly about the park, and I'll be honest, someone like me will probably avoid talking with a user like that and dislike most of what you say. That's why I use the block feature (it's there people, use it! It will make your time on this forum oh so much nicer).

Now, I really don't feel like going into a multi-paragraph speech about what we can all learn from what happened. Plus. I REALLY need to get back to collecting more masks in the game (again, Majora's Mask), the 72 hours is almost up and the moon is about to crash. While I save the land from certain destruction, why don't we take this time to start over.

Hi, I'm Captain Nemo! You guys ever been to this park called Kings Island? It's pretty legit.

Edit: Well, I forgot to pause my game and the moon crashed, Look what you did!

Edited by Captain Nemo
  • Like 15

My mind has different states... Where I am right now, I believe my posting will be disjointed, more so than usual. I will try.

A few years ago, I spend quite a lot of time reading through this site's archives from around 2002, 2003. That then place, I perceived as having been more belligerent than any KICentral I had seen... And now, have seen.

// Important part of the post:

Actually, I had to read page five and six of this topic multiple times... and it still doesn't make sense to me! The logical progression... Well, there's none of that. I can't make sense of UncleHenry having 'popped in' where he did, at least in saying what he did.

Most of the previous twenty-five posts had, in my eyes, been so ridiculously inexplicit I could barely make out any kind of discussion (much less an argument.) All this speaking, without much of anything being said. Everybody agreeing, saying the same things, running in circles - with nothing new!

Had I jumped in like UncleHenry, I would have said,"Let us stop this rubbish lollygagging of verbal expression and discuss this related topic." I could have even said, "We need to get more of an argument going!"

...The way I see it, the word argument is only the negatively connotated parallel to discussion. What even is a discussion forum without argument? An agreement forum?