Cedar Point Halloweekends

Hey, I'm new to KIC, so please forgive me if I posted in the wrong area. :)

I'm heading to Sandusky on October 19th, but unfortunately, I'm only able to go to Cedar Point the 20th.

I know they will probably be extremely packed that day, considering it'll be mid-October and a Saturday, so what attractions are a "must"? I definetely have to make time to ride TTD, but I plan to spend the rest of my time focusing completely on the haunted attractions.

(this is my first trip to CP in six years! I'm stoked!) ;)

Cut Throat Cove. (I'm not biased at all :D).

Haha thanks, I'll check it out! :D

Yes, Cut Throat Cove is good. Also, don't miss Eerie Estate and CornStalkers. Blood on the Bayou is decent.

Of course, this is all based on last year. I'm going there this weekend, so I'll have updated opinions after then! :)

Definitely, I'll be sure to check them out!

Lucky. :) Have fun!

@fanofFirehawk: I'll try! :) I went to CP once in high school, but never got to ride Maverick, Millenium Force, Magnum XL or Disaster Transport. :( All I know is I have to ride TTD! Last time I went, there was virtually no line and I rode it 4 times (that's as much as I could handle without a break).

• Like 1

Do NOT ride any ride in the front. As tempting as it is with super short rides, it's a mess. The bugs are out in full force. Last week we rode TTD in the front row (it was a walk on!) and then we spent twenty minutes in the bathroom washing bug guts of our arms, face, neck, and clothes. Gross.

• Like 2

If you haven't been in 6 years, Maverick is a must ride. Insanely intense and the second best coaster I've ever ridden. Only topped by Millennium Force! Although, there are many that would disagree with me.

On the side of haunted attractions, I would recommend Happy Jack's Toy Factory, except it was removed after last season. :(

Sadly I am afraid you will never be able to enjoy the indoor awesomeness of DISpatch mASTER Transport, but don't you fear Gatekeeper will be here...... ummm waiting hold on, paging Keeper,Gate WHAT May 2013, oh well I guess you have some thing to look forward to for next time. Please enjoy your trip KILove and make sure hit up Gemini and Wicked Twister along with all the other big coasters.

FanofFirehawk's sad atempt at a joke.

Um...the lines actually move fairly well for the Haunted attractions. We went through BB on a late Oct. Sat. night and it was maybe a five minute or less wait. It was closer to the end of the night though. On a Sunday we went through one of the inside attractions by the kids area, and it took maybe 10 minutes in line right around opening.

Yes they can. There have been a couple times that I have been to Cedar Point for HalloWeekends in past years, and the park has been PACKED. I didn`t even both with the lines for the Haunts, knowing that they would be crazy. I`d much rather ride the rides when at Cedar Point anyway than the Haunts.

i made it up this past saturday. it was a fairly decent size crowd. you could say it was packed, but there was still room to walk around. the rides were busy till there haunts opened up. once the haunts opened up, it was the haunts that became busy while the wait for rides was short. i met up with xgatorhead, mrs. gator, kiruler, & markr that day. we thought we saw phantom theater, but wasnt very sure.

i feel like im rambling now, so ill rap this up & say that we did have fun & the reports from my group that was there on friday as well that while friday was way less crowded, everyone seemed humble; so were chopping that up to first night jitters.

• Like 1

i made it up this past saturday. it was a fairly decent size crowd. you could say it was packed, but there was still room to walk around. the rides were busy till there haunts opened up. once the haunts opened up, it was the haunts that became busy while the wait for rides was short. i met up with xgatorhead, mrs. gator, kiruler, & markr that day. we thought we saw phantom theater, but wasnt very sure.

i feel like im rambling now, so ill rap this up & say that we did have fun & the reports from my group that was there on friday as well that while friday was way less crowded, everyone seemed humble; so were chopping that up to first night jitters.

Had a wonderful day with you guys. It seems like we didn't wait long at all for any of the haunts even though the park seemed crowded.

• Like 2

Top haunts at CP this year: Eerie Estate, Cut Throat Cove, Cornstalkers & CarnEvil. Blood on the Bayou was not as good this year, and we didn't wait in line for Eternity Infirmary based on our opinions of it last year. We did go through everything else though.

Eden Musee was fairly good, a lot of "statue scares" as you could predict. There was one set piece where Mrs. Gator thought the man was real so she waved her hand in front of his face, but it was actually the girl that was real and got her good.

In several haunts, and Eden Musee was a major culprit, there were too many people shaking noisemakers in your face. Sure, this can get you once or twice, but over and over again gets old.

PhantomTheater, there were a couple of times I thought someone might have been you, and the one I thought most likely was towards the end. It's so hard to tell with those masks / makeup. We came through shortly after 8:00 on Saturday. I love the giant snake head, that really got the girl in front of us!

• Like 1