Howl-O-Palooza at Soak City

bkroz

303559_10151390125153368_1164519394_n.jpg

Howl-O-Fest at the Picnic Grove appears to be no more.

Looks like the festivities will move into Soak City, renamed Howl-O-Palooza!

Little Ghouls and Goblins will absolutely love the all-new Howl-O-Palooza in Soak City. There are all kinds of Halloween-themed activities for kids to do that are fun-scary, not scary-scary. Howl-O-Palooza activities include a Petting Zoo, Pony Rides, Twisted Tales Maze, Hay Bale Maze, Dance Party, Suds City, Tractor Town, Carnival Games, Costume Parade Contest, Live Show, Food and so much more!

All of your favorite Planet Snoopy rides are open, too!

Howl-O-Palooza hours are from Noon to 6:00pm September 23, 29 and every Saturday and Sunday in October.

This event is included free with park admission to Kings Island.

I didn't see anyone else post about this and search revealed nothing. If it's already out there, sorry!

EDIT: Here's a link. http://www.visitking...vents/HowlOFest

• Like 1

^The audio doesn't match the picture. :P

I really like the logo, although I know someone who won't like how it's in Soak City... ;) Will the train be utilized or will the walkway be the only way to get between the parks? The walking would be quite hard on the little tykes' feet if the walkway between Snoopy and Waterpark was the only way.

• Like 1

Will the train be utilized or will the walkway be the only way to get between the parks? The walking would be quite hard on the little tykes' feet if the walkway between Snoopy and Waterpark was the only way.

The train will be set up for Tombstone Terror-tory, so I would guess walking would be the only way. And I agree... The Picnic Grove is what, maybe half-way to Soak City? So that will indeed be a hike, but I imagine you'll see Soak City's gates staffed so families can enter there and simply split their time between Howl-O-Palooza and Planet Snoopy (and Trick-or-Treat with the Dinosaurs)...

I actually think they'll more than likely run the train for Howl-O-Palooza, if the past is any indication. In prior years the train made regular runs around the track on Sundays (and Saturday mornings/afternoons, I assume) without stopping at Boomerang Bay/Soak City. Tombstone Terror-tory, at least in previous years, never really affected the train much; the trail's contained to the exit of White Water Canyon. Year-round, the most you'll see of TT is the "station" it stops at for the haunt, which is a wooden platform with regular old chain-link fencing running the perimeter. Any other non-Haunt day of the year, it passes by that "station" like it's not even there.

I'd bet they'll still run the train; it'll just stop at Soak City rather than making the full circuit in previous years. Maybe Don can confirm this?

• Like 3

Holy Underwear Batman... Talk about a hike. Imagine a parent with a dressed up little tyke or two, unloaded from the parking lot over to walk around Soak City. Then hauled all the way over to DA to pay a fee to go through there and trick or treat. Then back to the car. Wow, there's going to be a lot of tired parents with little ones draped over them. I feel for them.

Guest KingsIslandPR

Holy Underwear Batman... Talk about a hike. Imagine a parent with a dressed up little tyke or two, unloaded from the parking lot over to walk around Soak City. Then hauled all the way over to DA to pay a fee to go through there and trick or treat. Then back to the car. Wow, there's going to be a lot of tired parents with little ones draped over them. I feel for them.

Guests can take the train to and from Howl-O-Palooza. When exiting the the train in Rivertown, they're not that far from Dinosaurs Alive!

• Like 9

Umm...I have 4 kids...so I know the areas well...

But, IMHO, the walk from PS to SC is not really any farther than the walk from PS to the train.

And if your kids cannot handle all the walking, maybe should reconsider taking them to an amusement park, since it is a lot of walking period...wonder how they would handle all the walking to/between all the different kids areas at Cedar Point.

Yes, there is quite a bit of walking involved when visiting amusement parks. Keep in mind that walking is a good form of exercise, and with the ever increasing obesity problem in the US, its a good thing when parents and their kids are out and about and walking and not just sitting at home watching TV or playing video games or on the computer.

These day time Halloween events are big business too, just like the Fright by night portion is big business. Completely different demographics that they are pulling from. Look at Holiday World and the fact that they are introducing a family friendly Halloween event this season (and extending their season). Halloween means big bucks for amusement parks. Too bad the winter weather in Southwest Ohio is so unpredictable. I think a Christmas themed event could still make parks like Kings Island a lot of extra income if priced right and had the right attraction mix.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the kids halloween area yesterday. I think that it is a good start for the event in the Soak City area. lots of room to expand and create- it will be nice for some day when they do a new show; the peanuts (Charlie Brown, Linus, Lucy, et al... show is, I believe, 4 years running.

But, overall- I think a great move that will take on a life of its own over time.

On a side note, was freezing my tail off there yesterday and was finding it difficult to believe that just 20 days previous there were bathing suits in the water there. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

• Like 1

BTW - for those who like a good deal on food, a trip back there is in order.

At the cart next to the kids area with the tube slide they are selling the big hot dogs $2 each (with chips and 16 oz drink $4); and Italian Sausage with pepper and onions for $2.50 (well sign said $2, but they rang up $2.50) or with chips and drinks for $4.